Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (Used) Car Searching.....

Really, really sucks

It angers me to see used cars with over 100,000 miles being sold for $9,000-$11,000!!!

GAAAAH I'm so sick of car searching. Been doing it for the last month with ZERO luck.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Really, really sucks

It angers me to see used cars with over 100,000 miles being sold for $9,000-$11,000!!!

GAAAAH I'm so sick of car searching. Been doing it for the last month with ZERO luck.
    I know man, my dad was looking for a new(used) truck and one dealership wanted $20,000 for a 2001 Chevy Silverado that only had one working tail light a Busted windshield a scratched up paint job and close to 200,000 miles on it.
    sigpic
    Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

What are you looking for? I'm fortunate, I've got a couple of friends who are in the business who have helped me find the last six vehicles I've purchased.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I've been looking for a Subaru Impreza (no WRX or STi), Subaru Legacy sedan, Honda Accord, Acura TSX, Toyota Corolla S, or a Mazda3.

Looking for something around $10k and under 100k miles.

Been so difficult.

sigpic

Comment

If you are going to get something over 100k miles, go with a Honda/Acura. They are almost guaranteed to last longer, and if taken care of properly they go over 300k easy.

I own a 2001 Acura TL with ~150k on it and people constantly think my car is MUCH newer than it is. I have never had a single problem with it.

Acura's and Hondas are just GREAT cars.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.
          Last edited by InElwayWeTrust; 05-10-2012, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I've been looking for a Subaru Impreza (no WRX or STi), Subaru Legacy sedan, Honda Accord, Acura TSX, Toyota Corolla S, or a Mazda3.

Looking for something around $10k and under 100k miles.

Been so difficult.
            with some of the cars you mentioned good luck with that. but my friend has a 98 camry with 230k miles on it and its still running well.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
              If you are going to get something over 100k miles, go with a Honda/Acura. They are almost guaranteed to last longer, and if take care of properly they go over 300k easy.

I own a 2001 Acura TL with ~150k on it and people constantly think my car is MUCH newer than it is. I have never had a single problem with it.

Acura's and Hondas are just GREAT cars.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.
              How much did you buy it for?

sigpic

Comment

How much did you buy it for?
                I got REALLY lucky. When I bought it (3 years ago) the exact same car with the same mileage was at the dealership for $11k. I found a lady selling hers for $5,800 in the paper.

So I caught a break, and was able to buy it without payments, and didnt have to go through a dealership.

Maybe you can get lucky that way, but if not I'm just saying Honda and Acura (it's the same company) will on average outlast most cars. They are very dependable, and if something DOES happen to go wrong the parts are cheaper and easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                  I got REALLY lucky. When I bought it (3 years ago) the exact same car with the same mileage was at the dealership for $11k. I found a lady selling hers for $5,800 in the paper.

So I caught a break, and was able to buy it without payments, and didnt have to go through a dealership.

Maybe you can get lucky that way, but if not I'm just saying Honda and Acura (it's the same company) will on average outlast most cars. They are very dependable, and if something DOES happen to go wrong the parts are cheaper and easy to find.
                  I think I gotta start checking the newspaper then, because Craigslist and autotrader.com aren't helping me haha.

Yes, they're definitely very durable cars. I just can't justify spending $10k on ANY car with over 100k miles when brand new cars go for about $15k - $17k

Nissan Versa sells for $11k brand new. (not that I would buy one, but just for comparison's sake)

sigpic

Comment

Keep looking.

Got my Pontiac Firebird for $900 a few months ago after I had long given up on getting a good car and was just looking for something with room and AC. Runs great and I get tons of looks in it.

Gotta love garage sales
                    Denver Broncos GM
                    Originally posted by Mosk
                    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Wassup Lynch!

Here's my suggestions/ questions about your hunt for a new car.

1-did you compare the insurance cost for either of the cars your looking for (sometimes you get a big suprise and it take out the model your looking at)

2-stick to the personnal ads and never enter a stealership (they always over charge for a vehicule that not new because you have the 'privilege' of buying from them)

3-the cars:

Subaru Impreza (no WRX or STi), Subaru Legacy sedan,

While good cars, Subaru is expensive to maintain and repair. Other than that it's a good servicable car but it's not the one with the greatest MPG's

Honda Accord,

Depending on what year you get your hands on you'll have a hard time being deceived by the honda. Good construction and dependability. Low maintenance cost and not so hard on the gas.

Acura TSX,

While it is the better looking car of the lot Acura is the luxury brand of honda. how says luxury say high cost of repair (when it happens). If not good dependability and comparable to the accord in MPG's

Toyota Corolla S

One of the bast bang of rthe buck you can have on the market (IMO). Great dependability, low MPG's, low repairs cost

Mazda3

Suprisingly good car (my gf bought one). The MPG' is impressive and the mecanic is as dependable as honda or toyota. only thing is you intend to buy and keep it for a long time be sure to treat the car (rustproofing) if your living where they used abrasive in winter (it's the only con about mazda, they rust easly, but then again honda also...).

Now for a 10k budget you can almost buy a mazda 3 brand new (15k Canadian here) so you probably have a better chance of finding one at a reasonnable price vs mileage, then it will probably go to the corolla (who are about the same price as a mazda 3 here)...
                      :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
                      -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

its 101, but

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3008820881.html
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I'd add a Civic to your shopping list. Got my '07 Civic with @50k miles a couple years ago for $14K. I consistently get 35-38mpg, with the occasional 40+ tankful. Surely something with a few more miles on it will fall below your price ceiling.
                          Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                          FF is awesome!

Comment

I think I gotta start checking the newspaper then, because Craigslist and autotrader.com aren't helping me haha.

Yes, they're definitely very durable cars. I just can't justify spending $10k on ANY car with over 100k miles when brand new cars go for about $15k - $17k

Nissan Versa sells for $11k brand new. (not that I would buy one, but just for comparison's sake)
                            what acuras and accords are you looking at that are 15-17? not many cars sell for anywhere near that

try cars.com

im starting to look but ive made a much higher thought to price im thinking 20 and for that price i could get a 2010 Nissan Altima almost fully loaded with like 20k miles for that price. generally they are priced 24-25 but they JACK used car prices up also use KBB to see what fair market value is for the car

the best consumer is an armed consumer, know what you should pay even before negotiating
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
                              Wassup Lynch!

Here's my suggestions/ questions about your hunt for a new car.

1-did you compare the insurance cost for either of the cars your looking for (sometimes you get a big suprise and it take out the model your looking at)

2-stick to the personnal ads and never enter a stealership (they always over charge for a vehicule that not new because you have the 'privilege' of buying from them)

3-the cars:

Subaru Impreza (no WRX or STi), Subaru Legacy sedan,

While good cars, Subaru is expensive to maintain and repair. Other than that it's a good servicable car but it's not the one with the greatest MPG's

Honda Accord,

Depending on what year you get your hands on you'll have a hard time being deceived by the honda. Good construction and dependability. Low maintenance cost and not so hard on the gas.

Acura TSX,

While it is the better looking car of the lot Acura is the luxury brand of honda. how says luxury say high cost of repair (when it happens). If not good dependability and comparable to the accord in MPG's

Toyota Corolla S

One of the bast bang of rthe buck you can have on the market (IMO). Great dependability, low MPG's, low repairs cost

Mazda3

Suprisingly good car (my gf bought one). The MPG' is impressive and the mecanic is as dependable as honda or toyota. only thing is you intend to buy and keep it for a long time be sure to treat the car (rustproofing) if your living where they used abrasive in winter (it's the only con about mazda, they rust easly, but then again honda also...).

Now for a 10k budget you can almost buy a mazda 3 brand new (15k Canadian here) so you probably have a better chance of finding one at a reasonnable price vs mileage, then it will probably go to the corolla (who are about the same price as a mazda 3 here)...
                              Excellent information, guys. Thanks!

I had no idea that Subaru's had a high repair cost. I still want one for the winter, though

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X