The "Beauty" Of Wealth/Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Beauty" Of Wealth/Fame

Ever notice how often male sports stars or wealthy professionals/business folks.....who aren't blessed with natural good looks, have gorgeous wives?

Must be their personalities, right?

Their wallets are gooorgeouus
    sigpic
    Thank you Charger$

Comment

And I've always felt that you should beware of the nerds in school......cuz one day when they start cashing in at the big Info Tech bank, suddenly they become the anti-nerd in terms of popularity.

MONAAAAY!!!!!!

(and if so, good for them:thumb

Comment

It's actually kinda sad that a lot of people are gold diggers and won't admit it.

Anna Nicole Smith? Tell me what she possibly could have had in common with her husband who was umteen years older? Yet she loved him? I'm sure at some level she did love him, but she loved his wallet more.

But, I tend to be the ever romantic and realize that not all examples are for the love of money. There are quite a bit where you do see that spark in the eye of each person despite looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And often times that person who gave that "ugly celebrity" finds a gem underneath what we deem as not attractive on the outside.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          It's actually kinda sad that a lot of people are gold diggers and won't admit it.

Anna Nicole Smith? Tell me what she possibly could have had in common with her husband who was umteen years older? Yet she loved him? I'm sure at some level she did love him, but she loved his wallet more.

But, I tend to be the ever romantic and realize that not all examples are for the love of money. There are quite a bit where you do see that spark in the eye of each person despite looks. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And often times that person who gave that "ugly celebrity" finds a gem underneath what we deem as not attractive on the outside.
          I did generalize a bit, but I do believe my observations have been fairly accurate re: this topic.

But there is another explanation....from my perspective anyway.....successful people are attractive. Therefore, (as we know) one's external appearance is not the conclusive reason for folks getting together. It could be personality, or common beliefs, or a number of things. BUT I do believe success elevates one's so called marketability with regard to partnerships.

So......I may be shooting down my own theory. On the other hand, after years pass, and if that "success" disappears due to loss of talent, injury, or in the case of the business world, demotion / job loss......possibly that relationship will not be sound any longer.

So many variables!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I did generalize a bit, but I do believe my observations have been fairly accurate re: this topic.

But there is another explanation....from my perspective anyway.....successful people are attractive. Therefore, (as we know) one's external appearance is not the conclusive reason for folks getting together. It could be personality, or common beliefs, or a number of things. BUT I do believe success elevates one's so called marketability with regard to partnerships.

So......I may be shooting down my own theory. On the other hand, after years pass, and if that "success" disappears due to loss of talent, injury, or in the case of the business world, demotion / job loss......possibly that relationship will not be sound any longer.

So many variables!
            Well, success does breed success. I"ll admit it.. a successful woman to me is much more attractive then that bad lady in the alley. The successful woman has shown that she's a winner and knows how to achieve what she wants. And I like that.

So, Can, you may be on to something.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

All it tells me is "thank god I know not even try in talk to that chick."

Gotta be a low person to marry someone, have their kids, sleep with them, etc. all just for money.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                Well, success does breed success. I"ll admit it.. a successful woman to me is much more attractive then that bad lady in the alley. The successful woman has shown that she's a winner and knows how to achieve what she wants. And I like that.

So, Can, you may be on to something.
                I do believe "confidence" is tied into this as well. People admire those who appear to be in charge of their world.

Comment

I do believe "confidence" is tied into this as well. People admire those who appear to be in charge of their world.
                  Then why am I having such a hard time finding a date?

I am intelligent, educated, cute (according to my friends) and successful. I can change the battery in my car, build a fire from scratch, put together a piece of furniture with over 200 parts and STILL cannot land a date with someone 10 years younger/older than myself.
                  sigpic
                  2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post

I am intelligent, educated, cute (according to my friends) and successful. I can change the battery in my car, build a fire from scratch, put together a piece of furniture with over 200 parts and STILL cannot land a date with someone 10 years younger/older than myself.
                    Appears to me that a lot of guys are missing out on a really good find!

And if I ever need my battery changed, a big fire, or a piece of furniture put together.......

Comment

Well then something is apparently wrong with the world and society.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Appears to me that a lot of guys are missing out on a really good find!

And if I ever need my battery changed, a big fire, or a piece of furniture put together.......
                        Yah sure, give me a call when you need that stuff done.

I think guys are a bit intimidated by females who are independent and know crap about sports. just sayin.

Except Canadian guys. hehehe
                        sigpic

Comment

Yah sure, give me a call when you need that stuff done.

I think guys are a bit intimidated by females who are independent and know crap about sports. just sayin.

Except Canadian guys. hehehe
                          Boo!!! US > Canada!

Oh... wait.. we already have like 10 threads for that?

Ok, Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            Well then something is apparently wrong with the world and society.
                            Exactly! Maybe the fact that I am borderline psychotic is a turn off?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                              Boo!!! US > Canada!

Oh... wait.. we already have like 10 threads for that?

Ok, Carry on.
                              LOL, that's too funny....although Sin City is closer than Canada....and me and my friends are planning a "girls only" trip to Vegas this summer....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X