A little catch up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little catch up.

I know almost everyone has not seen me post in the last three years. To be honest we have gone through a lot and all I have had time to do was read a few posts every now and then. So here is the skinny on whats happened.

No one has known but my beautiful bride of many years has been ill. She contracted something called Necrotizing Faciitis (Flesh Eating Bacteria) after having a minor hernia surgery. We have been battling the open wounds for 3 years now. During one of her doctors visits they found she has colon cancer. On April 9 of this year the surgeon had to remove parts of her colon. While doing this the had to repair her entire abdominal wall. She was in surgery all day that day. Her path to recovery has been amazing.

She is now 100 % cancer free and on a great path to recovery. She is regaining all her strength and the doctors are finally confident she will make a full recovery. So I just might have more time to be online in the near future providing we could afford the internet connection. Three years and $418,000.00 in medical bills later she is finally looking and feeling healthy again.

I just need to learn to post a lot more so I can gain enough status to hand out negs...lol. You should be hearing a lot more from me again.
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"sigpic

Glad to see you back!

Also glad to hear your wife is doing good. Stuff sounds scary.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
      Glad to see you back!

Also glad to hear your wife is doing good. Stuff sounds scary.
      It was very scarey she almost passed away twice. So it has been very tough on us. Things are looking up though. I am just glad to be around and able to talk to a few friends again. Good to see you cinny, its been too long.

Comment

Glad that your wife is back to 100 percent And welcome back on the boards. Glad everything got better for you and your family.
        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Welcome back and glad to hear that everything is going well. That would be a tough spot to be in.

But you probably don't know me as I am new, so nice to met you

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by 16milehigh87 View Post
            I know almost everyone has not seen me post in the last three years. To be honest we have gone through a lot and all I have had time to do was read a few posts every now and then. So here is the skinny on whats happened.

No one has known but my beautiful bride of many years has been ill. She contracted something called Necrotizing Faciitis (Flesh Eating Bacteria) after having a minor hernia surgery. We have been battling the open wounds for 3 years now. During one of her doctors visits they found she has colon cancer. On April 9 of this year the surgeon had to remove parts of her colon. While doing this the had to repair her entire abdominal wall. She was in surgery all day that day. Her path to recovery has been amazing.

She is now 100 % cancer free and on a great path to recovery. She is regaining all her strength and the doctors are finally confident she will make a full recovery. So I just might have more time to be online in the near future providing we could afford the internet connection. Three years and $418,000.00 in medical bills later she is finally looking and feeling healthy again.

I just need to learn to post a lot more so I can gain enough status to hand out negs...lol. You should be hearing a lot more from me again.
            Wow. What a journey you've been on. Glad your wife is doing well now. I had just watched a news segment on that bacteria - sounds like incredibly scary stuff.
            Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
            FF is awesome!

Comment

Welcome back Rev. What an ordeal it must have been for you and your wife. I am so glad to hear your wife is much better. Praise be.

Comment

Welcome back! very happy that your wife is in good health! look forward to see you posting more

Comment

Sorry to hear about all your wifes troubles Glad she's been handling it like a boss and getting healthy! Wish you guys the best and glad to have you back rev!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubles but glad that everything seems to finally be heading in the right direction for the both of you! and of course welcome back!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                      Welcome back Rev. What an ordeal it must have been for you and your wife. I am so glad to hear your wife is much better. Praise be.
                      JAWSIE..... HI :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                        Sorry to hear about all your wifes troubles Glad she's been handling it like a boss and getting healthy! Wish you guys the best and glad to have you back rev!
                        12and4 :wave:

Comment

Wow, that was a very rough stretch. Even though I do not think I have had the pleasure of talking with you before I would not wish that on anyone and I am very glad to hear that your wife is doing much better.

Keep her healthy and please join us more often.
                          sigpic
                          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Wow! I'm not quite sure what to say other than i'm sorry for everything you & especially your wife have had to endure over the past couple years but also let me say i'm glad to hear that things are looking up for her & she will recover from a terrifying ordeal.

It takes alot of guts & courage to come on & talk about the very personal & private things you have mentioned but obviously you realize that this community we have here is like a second family to everyone & sometimes we need to talk & get things out in the open & there are alot of good people on here that will listen & offer any type of support they can.

I would like to personaly commend you for coming back to the boards & wish you nothing but the best moving forward for you & your wife & just keep the faith.
                            Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 05-24-2012, 07:05 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Welcome back, Rev!

Your family has been through so much. I'm glad your wife is getting better. Prayers for you all.
                              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X