No announcement yet.

Which Is Better? And Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an idea - one of you can buy me xbox, and one can buy me gamecube and since I have PS2 one of you can just buy me a cool game and I will let you know how it turns out

Just call me Cumsooner Reports

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
      I have an idea - one of you can buy me xbox, and one can buy me gamecube and since I have PS2 one of you can just buy me a cool game and I will let you know how it turns out

Just call me Cumsooner Reports
      You don't really want a gamecube...they're pretty much obsolite (sp?) now.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

ps online cannot even touch xbox live.......way more features.......the controller is perfectly sized for my hands too.........If you have all the high tech gear then xbox is the way to go....hands down.Hell I have 2 of em.
        Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

If you do in fact get a PS2 (which I don't think you should), DO NOT get one of the new slimline ones. They have a very very small case fan (Maybe not one at all). They overheat in about 45 minutes of play, so any game you really want to get into you can't.

Myself, I have two Xboxes and wouldn't have it any other way. The Hard-drive, X-Box Live, the game Libraries are pretty much the same now(Just a trade between San Andreas and the Halo games pretty much). But most importantly,

FOUR CONTROLLER PORTS!!!11 ONE ONE

So there's no need to buy more controllers AND the PS2 multi-tap.

The Xbox controller has the exact same number of buttons as the ps2 controller...

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy
            If you do in fact get a PS2 (which I don't think you should), DO NOT get one of the new slimline ones. They have a very very small case fan (Maybe not one at all). They overheat in about 45 minutes of play, so any game you really want to get into you can't.

Wow I was going to get one. I dont mean to question you but before I get one I need to know for sure that they do this. Where did you get your info if you dont mind me asking. If I get one it will be played alot between my 4 boys taking turns with it, it could be on for hours. Any more info you may have on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
            Have allways been Broncos & will allways be Broncos... ORANGE & BLUE FOREVER BABY!!!
            Thanks SixxGunz for the Avatar! Thanks Vulcan for the FanClub Card!

Comment

Go to a site like EBgames.com, or another online video game retailer, and read the customer/editorial reviews of it. (Amazon.com also)

If you still want to get one, I would get the bigger model anyway. The new slim model cannot use the harddrive if you want to buy that in the future.

Comment

I've had a PS2 for about 3 years now, and I have no complaints. Going online with it is pretty simple too. I like the fact that the PS2's online service is free after you buy the network adapter (about $40). X-Box Live charges you a certain amount each month. I like RPGs and adventure games, so the PS2 suits me more than the XBox.

But I just picked up an XBox about a month ago, and it's pretty decent too. I got it so I could check out Halo (nice game, but kinda short) and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (a godly slice of gaming goodness). Like I said, I like RPGs and adventure games, but if you like shooters, XBox may be more your speed with games like Halo 2, Doom 3, etc.

Like someone said earlier, you can't go wrong with either. Just make sure you have big paws like Booher so you can handle XBox's big ass controller. They do sell smaller versions of the same controller and those are pretty nice. I guess it's just a matter of preference.
                sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

I'd defnitely go with the Xbox. I have a PS2.. I got it the first Christmas they came out, and it's been alright, but ever since I got my Xbox I haven't bought any new games for it. And now that I've got my Xbox mod-chipped, I play it even more. I've got an NES, SNES, N64 and Xbox all in one. Then there's Xbox Live, which is great.

The only downside to Xbox, IMO, is the lack of quality games. There are a few that are just AWESOME, but other than that, most of the games are mediocre at best. PS2 has more quality games, but less awesome ones. Just IMO of course.

Comment

hey

No question here. Easy to see that X-BOX is far superior.

Four can play splitscreen at once. All your boys stay involved while you and mom got quiet time.

Most all games are availabel on both systems.

Can not get Grand Theft Auto on X-BOX

So then your boys do not pick up whores, use them, then beat them up.

The other reason for X-BOX: only available on X-BOX:

Halo! and
                    HALO2

The best video games ever designed!

Nuff said!
                    - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

The uninformed should do some research before they type......Xbox live is 49.99 for a year...For most people that is a drop on a drop on a drop in the bucket....Not to mention w/ this you get a universal gamertag for ALL games, a friends list so you can play w/ the same people if you like, massive amounts of downloable content, voice chat for ALL games and best of all no one is on dial up!........I'm sorry but comparing ps2 online to xbox live is like comparing a yugo to a ferarri..There is no comparison,the only legitimate reason to like ps2 online more is if you are a misinformed fanboy. Plus the smaller controller is now standard issue w/ new xbox's.
                      Last edited by Booher; 12-07-2004, 08:21 AM.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

I have a PS2 and I like it a lot. The biggest disappointment though is that X-Box seems to get the better looking Star Wars games, like Knight of the Old Republic and the upcoming Republic Commander (or whatever its called). The PS2 has games for every age, I don't know if you can say that for XBox...

Anyway, question for XBoxers...

To have X-Box live, do you need to already have internet service?

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMatinee
                          I have a PS2 and I like it a lot. The biggest disappointment though is that X-Box seems to get the better looking Star Wars games, like Knight of the Old Republic and the upcoming Republic Commander (or whatever its called). The PS2 has games for every age, I don't know if you can say that for XBox...

Anyway, question for XBoxers...

To have X-Box live, do you need to already have internet service?

Yep and you have to have high speed internet.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                            Yep and you have to have high speed internet.

Yeah, that sucks. I guess most people have internet anyway, but for guys like me who don't want or need it, paying $50 a month for dsl or cable internet just to play games is not an option. I wish they could package something, for about $10 a month that would work only for the video games.

Comment

I had cable for 2 years before xbox live came out......High speed is a must for this type of gaming , w/the voice chat and the games the games would lag horribly on 56k.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Hey

I am the Master Chief. Some call me Demon, though none live who have called me that to my face. I battle the Covenant, who stupidly released the Flood. The Arbritor is my enemy and nemesis. In my dreams, I live through him. I feel the light saber in his hand as if it was my own, as he defeats the alien enemies of his true leaders within the Covenant. He and I both seek the Index, it is the key. The Oracle and the Holy Ring are not as they seem. The Oracle is no friend of any sentinent being. I defend humanity and Earth from virtual destruction. I am the Demon, the Master Chief. I was once human, I had a name, John, but now I am the last hope of Humankind.

X-BOX Rocks!

No game comes close to Halo. Halo 2 delivers more than it claimed.

I hear rumors of Halo 2.5 as early as February.

Halo 3 is in the works.
                                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                                X