We Are A Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are A Community

I’m not one to seek out online relationships. I am still skeptical, even though I’ve worn out a keyboard on this site over the last few years.

This is the only site for me. I am not “with it” in terms of this new tech world. I do my best to manage my time online....mostly sports stuff (following games/stories), a few email, the weather, google a bit....the usual stuff. But no other regular sites, not even Facebook.

But I would be ungrateful not to pay homage to this place. It is a Community. We have, I believe, some commonality between us, whether it be The Broncos, or sharing info, humour and entertainment, if you will.

We sometimes disagree. So what else is new on this planet. It’s not the disagreement, rather the outcome. And it’s often sparked by passion, which is usually a good thing.

And we have our factions, but that’s pretty normal don’t you think.

This Community stands fortified even through a Broncos drought. But I sense we are in for a special treat going forward......and in that regard, the Community will be rewarded for its resilience and patience, and for staying together, win or lose. I hope so.

We are a Community.......

Yes, Can, we are. And we are a community that isn't going anywhere anytime soon as is evident by the commitment the Broncos brass made to upgrading our home.

to you all!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Nicely said Can!

And this community is in for treat for sure with Manning at the Helm! Cant Wait!
      sigpic
      Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Nice post, Can.

The first time I heard the concept of us being a "community" was from Alastor (see? Great minds, right?). Made me think of "us" in a different way.

Again, great post, Can.
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Another great post odd that only 3 people out of 30 views commented.

We are a community, it's very noticeable in every thread, every post. A community reacts to each other, we don't just have debates and discussions, we have arguments, we are opinionated. That's a community.

We take everything(for the most) to heart when something is said.

It's good that we disagree, disagreement isn't always bad. If we all agreed, it's be pretty boring and dole, we'd be drones more so than humans.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Your completely right about that, Can! I tried to stay away a long while ago and couldn't. This is my neighborhood. I don't post as often as I should but I get on here just about everyday and read different things.
            sigpic
            Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
            You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
            You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
            Have It All - Blu3
            Conceited - Blu3
            Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
            All On You - Blu3

Comment

The more time you spend on here, the more you interact with the message board, the more you start to recognise individual posters... and eventually start to think of them as people (or in some cases, as large antlered mammals); not just usernames. The fact that for the most part we're all here because we've already got something in common helps a lot. It's nice to think of this place as a community. Broncos Country is one big dysfunctional family.
              sigpic
              - ★ -
              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

My favorite part of this community is how after some time here you begin to recognize individual posters (as Ssync said). You might not read all there stuff, or agree with them, but just the fact that you have an idea of who they are is pretty cool in my opinion. And of course the common interest in Broncos football is pretty sweet to
                sigpic
                Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

As always, great post, Can! It's amazing how much one can learn from belonging to a Community such as this.

Every person/mammal/birdman/superhero has something to contribute to this Community, and I am enjoying being a part of this awesome group.

Honestly, I learned more about football just by reading the forum here...... amazing!
                  sigpic
                  2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

We are indeed a community primarily because we all have one thing in common & that's our love for the Broncos but it goes beyond just the fact we are all fans of the same team.

I also see this as a sort of an outlet for some & what i mean is some come on here to vent or get things off their chest, others come here for some moral or emotional support in tough times & others may come looking for some sort of advice about a personal situation.

And that's what makes this place so special, the fact that we are all here for each other in some way shape or form, there are plenty of good listeners & everybody is supportive in one way or another.

So yes we are a community but we are so much more than that, we are like a second family of sorts to each other & i for one thing we are as a whole a dam good family.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is indeed a community... It's a place I'm EXTREMELY proud to be a part of... We all have something in common, but through the other parts of the forum, we've all learned that we have more in common than we even thought in the first place... Just an extremely cool place, and the only message board I belong to where I post consistently...
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                        The more time you spend on here, the more you interact with the message board, the more you start to recognise individual posters... and eventually start to think of them as people (or in some cases, as large antlered mammals); not just usernames. The fact that for the most part we're all here because we've already got something in common helps a lot. It's nice to think of this place as a community. Broncos Country is one big dysfunctional family.
                        that made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Working...
                        X