Help connecting laptop to audio system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help connecting laptop to audio system

Hey, so as the title suggests I'm trying to connect my laptop to this sound system to play on the speakers throughout the house.

Anyways the audio system is Proficient Audio Systems SS4P. Its this thing here: http://www.petra.com/proficient-audi...l#!prettyPhoto

But it doesn't have any simple jack for the red/yellow type of cords to plug into. instead its all electrical wires on the back and I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way around that or if i'm simply out of luck lol.

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated!!!!!
    sigpic
    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
    Hey, so as the title suggests I'm trying to connect my laptop to this sound system to play on the speakers throughout the house.

Anyways the audio system is Proficient Audio Systems SS4P. Its this thing here: http://www.petra.com/proficient-audi...l#!prettyPhoto

But it doesn't have any simple jack for the red/yellow type of cords to plug into. instead its all electrical wires on the back and I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way around that or if i'm simply out of luck lol.

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated!!!!!
    That is the worst amplifier/ receiver I have ever seen.

Anyways, take a picture of the back connections and post it up here so we can see what we're working with.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      That is the worst amplifier/ receiver I have ever seen.

Anyways, take a picture of the back connections and post it up here so we can see what we're working with.
      I agree lol...not my purchase, but its what I have to work with. And yea I'll upload some pics!

EDIT: my camera....its taking an aggravating amount of time to import its pics....sigh...
      Last edited by sbxxxiichamps; 05-30-2012, 12:00 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Well...there it is!

I can't believe there isn't a simple place to plug in a jack or something but thats what it looks like anyways.
        sigpic

Comment

Well...there it is!

I can't believe there isn't a simple place to plug in a jack or something but thats what it looks like anyways.
          You'd need another receiver to to connect a laptop to that one. But dude... I think it'd be better to just get a new reliever and amp in one.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            You'd need another receiver to to connect a laptop to that one. But dude... I think it'd be better to just get a new reliever and amp in one.
            Yea, I don't like this one at all.

I'm about to go scour the web for something better
            sigpic

Comment

Well...there it is!

What. The. Hell. Is. That?

If it has an amplifier input connection, then it's not even an amplifier. You'll need an amplifier to do what you want to do with your laptop.

Best Buy has an awesome Pioneer receiver/amplifier that I bought last year for $200. I'm just not sure how much money you're willing to drop.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
              X