When you hate your job so much.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you hate your job so much.....

Alot of the time I find myself hating my job so much that it makes me sick to think about it. At what point should I just start applying to places like Mcdonald's and Taco Bell?

Recently I have found myself saying that I would rather be a sewage worker than do what I do (bus tables/dishwashing.) The people that I work with are unbearable. Mean, nasty, drunks... foul people. I am 20 years old so I am thinking that I could work at Target and/or King Soopers. At this point I may throw in an application to Wally World lol.

Anyway, I feel I needed this rant otherwise I would explode on some poor unsuspecting guy lol.

/rant

I HATE THE FOOD SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Take your young butt to college if your not already enrolled and/or join the military like i did.. i was 19 when i joined and ill be 26 in oct. I have a wife and a kid, and it has done wonders for my family and I and also paid for my bach. Degree in criminal justice... My family and i dont want for nothing, finacially secured, i get 30 days of paid leave a year in which i have 44 days right now accumulated... (You lose em if you dont use em) i say if your single with no kids.. go to the military.. im in the Army and i serve in a combat arms MOS, you dont have to do the same, there are plenty of options m.

Comment

Find another job, get another job, then give two weeks notice and move on.

And yes... go back to school or consider military while it's fairly easy to do.

I'm about to turn 30 and I'm back in school now. I'm loving it, and for a few reasons, it had to happen this way... but man, I wish I didn't still have 4 years or so left.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I can also approve as the military as that is what I did. I went Marines, but I will say the people you meet are great, and I almost done, as I was a reservist (but deploying is where I met alot of my friends). And now I am back in school taking night classes as I work so I can get my Bach. in Accounting.

But I know before I got this job I worked at Target and a warehouse job, and I will say that those jobs start to wear on you just like probably the food service also. Jobs like that are like a revolving door and they feel they can replace anyone easily so they don't really care about the employees. So either get in a good company that you feel you can move up in, and maybe they could also help pay for schooling.

I'm not the biggest advocate of schooling since my friend doesn't have a degree and makes plenty just because he got in somewhere, and that gave him experience for him to move on. So really it is trying to get your foot in the door somewhere and start the climbing and use the resources allowed to help you move up.

And it may suck, because I know at one point I was working full time 3rd shift going to school full time on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. And then had an Internship on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday morning. Plus an at home daycare was being ran at my house by my wife, but it was worth it since it got me to where I am today. So find a new job if it is possible that is what I did when I worked at Target as I couldnt stand it anymore, because if you aren't enjoying your job it may not be worth it to stay there. Move on and keep pushing towards a goal you set for yourself.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
          Alot of the time I find myself hating my job so much that it makes me sick to think about it. At what point should I just start applying to places like Mcdonald's and Taco Bell?

Recently I have found myself saying that I would rather be a sewage worker than do what I do (bus tables/dishwashing.) The people that I work with are unbearable. Mean, nasty, drunks... foul people. I am 20 years old so I am thinking that I could work at Target and/or King Soopers. At this point I may throw in an application to Wally World lol.

Anyway, I feel I needed this rant otherwise I would explode on some poor unsuspecting guy lol.

/rant

I HATE THE FOOD SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Dude get an IT degree. thats where the jobs and money are that and programming. If you knew C++ or any other popular coding programs I could get you 5 jobs today.
          Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Man, any job can get boring and/or annoying after you've done it for a while. Even people who "love their job" go through periods when they aren't happy with what they do.

That said, some jobs are certainly easier to like than others. If you truly hate where you are (whether its because of the people you work with or the industry), use this as motivation to work towards whatever it is that you really want to end up doing. Put out applications for better positions; go to college if you want to. Too often, people hate what they're doing but are too paralyzed by fear and inertia to really do anything drastic about it. Use your current unhappiness as the impetus for changing your life!

Comment

The only redeeming quality in being a server/bus/delivery guy in the food service industry is when you get a big tip.

Hence why I'm going to college so I don't get stuck doing this forever. I work at Pizza Hut as a delivery guy and there's some people who do this full time which is something I could never imagine doing.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                The only redeeming quality in being a server/bus/delivery guy in the food service industry is when you get a big tip.

Hence why I'm going to college so I don't get stuck doing this forever. I work at Pizza Hut as a delivery guy and there's some people who do this full time which is something I could never imagine doing.
                I ordered Pizza this one time, where the delivery guy had to be about 50-55yrs old.

Anyways, I agree with the people saying get a new job. Put in an application at somewhere you don't mind working.
                Don't join the military just because you don't like your job or because you're not in school. The military isn't for everyone, don't be one of the people that only signed up because they was looking for a escape from their life.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  I ordered Pizza this one time, where the delivery guy had to be about 50-55yrs old.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Im not too fond of my job either. Im 25 and have been at my current job for 6+ years now. I used to love it but then I was given the privilege to not have to work in the office anymore, but instead work at home. Its not as much as a great privilege working at home as one may thinking. Sure it was great for the first year but then it starts to wear on you. I long for the days to where I had to get up and drive to the office and be there for 8 hours.

Ive tried looking for another job but the economy is really crappy where I live in FL. Ive been looking for another job on and off again for the past 6 months and have gotten nothing. The response I tend to get is "well, we were hiring but we decided just to go with someone in house instead of taking on new employees"

The military isnt an option for me either. My cousin is in the military and according to him, because I had a heart surgery when I was a baby where my aorta was stitched to my breast bone, Id automatically be declined from being able to join if I wanted too.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
                      Dude get an IT degree. thats where the jobs and money are that and programming. If you knew C++ or any other popular coding programs I could get you 5 jobs today.
                      I'm going to have to keep you in mind in a few years. *goes back to reading his C# book*
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic
                      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                        I ordered Pizza this one time, where the delivery guy had to be about 50-55yrs old
                        If you're working in a rich area delivering pizzas can actually be a decent full time job with no degree. The bad part is that your car will take a lot of wear and tear and the job generally sucks if you're working there for a long time.

Comment

"Men stores."

Hunting, fishing, and camping. Men are WAY less complain(y) about shopping and you don't get a lot of females, who from what I have seen, do most of the yelling if somethings wrong.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                            "Men stores."

Hunting, fishing, and camping. Men are WAY less complain(y) about shopping and you don't get a lot of females, who from what I have seen, do most of the yelling if somethings wrong.
                            Totally untrue. I worked retail when I was a teenager, and men were just as annoying, if not more annoying, than women. The difference was that men would yell at me like it was my fault while women would always ask for my manager.

I'd flip the bird.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I can only suggest that anyone maximize their talents as much as they can, and hopefully receive accreditation for it. Keep upgrading your resume with things that employers are looking for. It may not be an easy road, but once you get a degree or certificate or some form of recognized education/training.....and if all goes well, you will often end up in a career that allows you some space and some opportunity to control your environment, which definitely beats jobs that are more routine and sometimes supervised by folks who don't understand the value of positive/interactive management.

And once you get the chance, take on more responsibility when it is offered, and be the one to "hold up your hand" whenever management is looking for someone with drive and determination. Many will look the other way. Grab those opportunities. They will get you recognized and you will be valued for your effort and support.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X