Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you hate your job so much.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
    Do. I belong to a couple techie linked in job sites. working on keeping some good friends employed!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...79#post4441579

    You should head here and tell me what you do. (I don't want to derail this thread any more than we have)
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
      This from a Cannukistanian...who are well know for being cheap? I ran valet in college at a couple of casinos in Reno and if you saw a Canadian license plate you knew a big old fistfull of nada was coming your way. Great people but man they are cheap!
      I am both shocked and appalled at this reputation.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Remedy View Post
        Good tips, especially if you're good with people and have patience. It's not for everyone but you might like it. Tough to say until you try it really.
        Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
        It'll put some wear on your car so make sure you take that into account

        I'm assuming you still live in the valley and something tells me the majority don't tip well here. Maybe that's me being completely racist

        I'd do it though
        But server is different from the delivery boy right? I wouldn't want to be a delivery boy anyway that would suck.

        I got 3 options in mind Vons stock boy , Toys R Us stock boy , and Pizza hut are all looking for those positions.

        I'm just doing it to have work experience and I'm going to give my mom most of the money I make anyway.
        Now go get your shine box

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by jc13 View Post
          But server is different from the delivery boy right? I wouldn't want to be a delivery boy anyway that would suck.

          I got 3 options in mind Vons stock boy , Toys R Us stock boy , and Pizza hut are all looking for those positions.

          I'm just doing it to have work experience and I'm going to give my mom most of the money I make anyway.
          I was referring to serving.. I have no idea about delivery drivers.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
            Alot of the time I find myself hating my job so much that it makes me sick to think about it. At what point should I just start applying to places like Mcdonald's and Taco Bell?

            Recently I have found myself saying that I would rather be a sewage worker than do what I do (bus tables/dishwashing.) The people that I work with are unbearable. Mean, nasty, drunks... foul people. I am 20 years old so I am thinking that I could work at Target and/or King Soopers. At this point I may throw in an application to Wally World lol.

            Anyway, I feel I needed this rant otherwise I would explode on some poor unsuspecting guy lol.

            /rant


            I HATE THE FOOD SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Customer Service is all the same! Ive been there! I have worked at Wal-Mart, part time, and found as long as I just stayed in m,y Dept., and helped the customers, and did my job, it wasnt too bad!
            sigpicoh YEAH?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by jc13 View Post
              But server is different from the delivery boy right? I wouldn't want to be a delivery boy anyway that would suck.

              I got 3 options in mind Vons stock boy , Toys R Us stock boy , and Pizza hut are all looking for those positions.

              I'm just doing it to have work experience and I'm going to give my mom most of the money I make anyway.
              I'd rather be a driver than a server at a Pizza Hut because you're probably only going to make 2.50 an hour being a server and you won't be getting nearly as many customers coming in than if you were to be driving. This is unless you are working at some ridiculously busy Pizza Hut in a bad part of the neighborhood.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                I'd rather be a driver than a server at a Pizza Hut because you're probably only going to make 2.50 an hour being a server and you won't be getting nearly as many customers coming in than if you were to be driving. This is unless you are working at some ridiculously busy Pizza Hut in a bad part of the neighborhood.
                also... that blows my mind that you guys have a 'server wage' down south. but I guess that's a totally other discussion.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                  also... that blows my mind that you guys have a 'server wage' down south. but I guess that's a totally other discussion.
                  It also blows my mind that most of the times they still make the most money out of the working staff. I could only imagine being a waiter at some established restaurant in Hollywood or something where all the rich people dine. $$$$$$$$ *drools*

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I actually love what i do out here in Midtown Ny!! For now anyway!! LOL!!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      say what!!

                      I'm guessing your just exaggerating lol.

                      8 bucks is the minimum wage !! I'm only looking for a part time gig. 15-20 hours a week.

                      I'm not expecting to make bank. It's more for the experience.
                      Now go get your shine box

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Plus, it's the law in the USofA that if you're making a server wage and your reported tips dont add up to minimum wage, the company is required to pay you enough to make you average minimum wage.
                        sigpic

                        Hooray, beer!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                          Customer Service is all the same! Ive been there! I have worked at Wal-Mart, part time, and found as long as I just stayed in m,y Dept., and helped the customers, and did my job, it wasnt too bad!
                          Exactly! What the hell is wrong with people nowadays? You are in CUSTOMER SERVICE, hello? Apparently the hiring manager didn't define what the phrase "customer service" meant when hiring the new boneheads at my Wal mart....

                          Case in point....today I pointed out to the cashier (Sandra) that she scanned my Dixie plates twice....she didn't believe me and had to print out a confirmation....then she copped an attitude when she realized she was wrong, and all my fresh veggies went flying over the scanner like they were freaking toilet paper. After I paid, I went right to the store manager and complained.....not sure if it did any good, but I am shopping Target from now one.
                          sigpic
                          2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X