Guess you can sue anyone for anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess you can sue anyone for anything

My wife and I just got back from our evening walk and on the way some times we talk to neighbors. While talking to one neighbor he brought up that his son's friend's parents are trying to sue them for the cost of medical bills and pain and suffering.

The 2 kids were playing basketball on the school playground and the basketball hit the kid's nose and broke it.

I guess it is possible the kid smashed his nose on purpose, but my neighbor's son did take him to the nurses office immediately and the nurse said it was accidental (as told by the 2 boys).

Is it not widely known injuries happen while playing sports?

I don't get it.

Stupidity is going to end the 2 kids friendship.
    sigpic

Yeah, that's dumb.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Because everyone nowdays thinks they can make a quick buck off of anything. The legal system really has to change to discourage that behavior.
      They are little kids, and accident happened, get over it. When I was that young my parents and I never would have never even thought of suing over that!
      sigpic

Comment

I must say, itd make for a good Judge Judy episode!!!
        sigpic

Comment

This is a stupid law suit. I had a legitimate law suit & no one would take it
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

You guys should hear about the prison law suits, they're even worse
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

If the 2 families are cool, which they might be, i dont see why would they even go there. They probably looking for a quick buck! they may be in some type of Financial mess.
              sigpic

Comment

I've heard of insurance companies requiring people to file suit in injury cases before they pay out benefits. It's happened a few times in my little town in the flatlands in the past few years.

Could be that's part of the picture here.
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                  My wife and I just got back from our evening walk and on the way some times we talk to neighbors. While talking to one neighbor he brought up that his son's friend's parents are trying to sue them for the cost of medical bills and pain and suffering.

The 2 kids were playing basketball on the school playground and the basketball hit the kid's nose and broke it.

I guess it is possible the kid smashed his nose on purpose, but my neighbor's son did take him to the nurses office immediately and the nurse said it was accidental (as told by the 2 boys).

Is it not widely known injuries happen while playing sports?

I don't get it.

Stupidity is going to end the 2 kids friendship.
                  That's just flat out ridiculous! Since they're going to court already maybe they can go one up and take a few days off work to counter sue them for lost wages because they couldn't handle the stress of it all lol.
                  sigpic
                  Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                  You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                  You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                  Have It All - Blu3
                  Conceited - Blu3
                  Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                  All On You - Blu3

Comment

... with liberty, justice, and lawsuits for all.
                    sigpic
                    - ★ -
                    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Stupid. Just stupid.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                        I've heard of insurance companies requiring people to file suit in injury cases before they pay out benefits. It's happened a few times in my little town in the flatlands in the past few years.

Could be that's part of the picture here.
                        This could be exactly what's going on here. Many times, if insurance companies even hear that somebody else was in the vicinity when an injury occurred, they will require the injured party to file a lawsuit against possible defendants, or the insurance company will refuse to provide any coverage for treatment of the injury suffered

Faced with this terrible dilemma, many people are forced to bring lawsuits they don't want to bring, even against friends or family members, rather than be faced with the prospect of paying thousands (or tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands) of dollars out of their own pocket for medical care. So, as Flatlander suggests, this is very possibly what's going on here.

All that said, unless there is a lot more to the story than what we've heard here, the lawsuit will likely go absolutely nowhere. Legally, anybody voluntarily engaging in sports assumes all risks of injuries that might reasonably occur while playing and can't recover for those reasonably foreseeable injuries. Getting hit in the face by a pass while playing basketball is exactly this kind of foreseeable risk, so unless the kid being sued attacked the other kid or did something negligent or reckless that a "reasonable" person wouldn't normally do playing basketball, it doesn't sound like there's any liability here.

Comment

Working...
                        X