Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures.......Story Telling Frames

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pictures.......Story Telling Frames

    When videos came alive, the art of picture taking seemed to be at risk. After all, a video could capture so much more......whereas pictures were just frozen moments in time.

    But the beauty of the pictures is the story they tell.

    Recently we went to a first communion for a special young person in our family. It was a long service. Through the mass we got to see a little of the ways of most other children involved. At the end of it all, we took some snapshots. No big deal. Just our young lady mixed in with a bunch of young strangers.

    As I look at that picture now, I see stories, not so much this frozen image. The little I knew about all those kids is now more of a personal connection. There is much more going on, as we scroll the faces.

    This is true of most (maybe all) pictures, and so unique. Videos tell us too much. Pictures give us reason to look deeper.

    The art of picture-taking will last......

  • #2
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    When videos came alive, the art of picture taking seemed to be at risk. After all, a video could capture so much more......whereas pictures were just frozen moments in time.

    But the beauty of the pictures is the story they tell.

    Recently we went to a first communion for a special young person in our family. It was a long service. Through the mass we got to see a little of the ways of most other children involved. At the end of it all, we took some snapshots. No big deal. Just our young lady mixed in with a bunch of young strangers.

    As I look at that picture now, I see stories, not so much this frozen image. The little I knew about all those kids is now more of a personal connection. There is much more going on, as we scroll the faces.

    This is true of most (maybe all) pictures, and so unique. Videos tell us too much. Pictures give us reason to look deeper.

    The art of picture-taking will last......

    A picture thread with no picture? Nice thoughts, CanDB. I have many "picture" books at home mostly about history and nature. One of my favorites is "A Photographic Journey Through Colorado" which I picked up at a yard sale for $1.00. Beautiful!
    sigpic
    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
      A picture thread with no picture? Nice thoughts, CanDB. I have many "picture" books at home mostly about history and nature. One of my favorites is "A Photographic Journey Through Colorado" which I picked up at a yard sale for $1.00. Beautiful!
      Too many pics to choose from.....and each picture has merit of its own.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Too many pics to choose from.....and each picture has merit of its own.
        Yeah, I see your point. I love looking at my 2'x4' montage of pictures, both past and present, to see where I've been and how far I've come. You are correct when you say a picture freezes time.
        sigpic
        2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
          Yeah, I see your point. I love looking at my 2'x4' montage of pictures, both past and present, to see where I've been and how far I've come. You are correct when you say a picture freezes time.
          Wonder if we can heat up time?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Wonder if we can heat up time?
            Like this?

            sigpic
            2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

            Comment


            • #7
              The American West, 150 Years Ago

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                Interesting stories.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  man... pictures can tell you everything you need to know... I've got some pictures that to me are everything that I love in this world... Just me, the people I love, in a place that means a lot to me... Just can't get any better than those pictures as far as I'm concerned...
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X