Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Addicted To Blistex!!!!! (No I Don't Eat It)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Addicted To Blistex!!!!! (No I Don't Eat It)

Way back I started using Blistex. At some point I discovered that I need it with me everywhere I go....just in case. Sure I get dry every so often (especially when I play sports/exercise, or in the winter when furnace heat can really dry up things), but it's become like an addiction, fearing that if I leave home without it, something bad will happen. It's become a mind game. If I have it in my pocket, I don't even think about it. BUT watch out for the panic when I can't find that little tube asap, when away from the mothership!!!

One of my kids is just like me. She carries her lip "buddy" everywhere she goes.

Hopefully you don't have this addiction. If you do, I am here for you.....sort of (in spirit....dig?)

Some will say "Stay Thirsty", and I get that......but watch out for those "Dry Spells".

Burts Bees for me. Its so dry around here my lips are always chapped if I don't have a stick with me. Plus, the altitdue sucks even more moisture out.

Comment

Never used the stuff in my life....well scratch that, I am sure when I was little my parents made me use some, but since I have been able to make my own decisions I've never used it or any other form of Chapstick.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
        Never used the stuff in my life....well scratch that, I am sure when I was little my parents made me use some, but since I have been able to make my own decisions I've never used it or any other form of Chapstick.
        You must on the humid side of life..........

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          Burts Bees for me. Its so dry around here my lips are always chapped if I don't have a stick with me. Plus, the altitdue sucks even more moisture out.
          Hey Powder.....I'll bet skiing on a sunny winter day up in the Rockies (been a while for me) would cause the need for some lip stuff......unless of course you are one of them dudes who hangs around the ole lounge, where liquids go down with ease, and help cure the dry issue of which I speak......

Comment

Some claim that chapsticks have ingredients that actually break down and weaken the lips, facilitating the feeling that you need it all the time.

No clue what blistex has in it....
            sigpic

Comment

Can!!! I have the same problem!

I feel like I need Blistex every day or my lips are just far too chapped...even though I am well aware its psychological lol
              sigpic
              Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                Some claim that chapsticks have ingredients that actually break down and weaken the lips, facilitating the feeling that you need it all the time.

No clue what blistex has in it....
                I'm hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Please, I'll get the money, I promise.....just give me some more of that Blistex.......please!!"

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
                Can!!! I have the same problem!

I feel like I need Blistex every day or my lips are just far too chapped...even though I am well aware its psychological lol
                Sorry to hear that bud.........it's a life full of dryness. But there's one solution to dryness

Comment

No, I had a buddy addicted to Carmex. The more you use it, the more you need it. It's not made to be used constantly. If you stop using it so much you won't need it so much. Seriously. Sounds strange but it's true. Over use of the Blistex/chapstik/burt'sbees is what's causing you to need it so much.

And if it's dry, drink more water to keep yourself hydrated. Honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                    No, I had a buddy addicted to Carmex. The more you use it, the more you need it. It's not made to be used constantly. If you stop using it so much you won't need it so much. Seriously. Sounds strange but it's true. Over use of the Blistex/chapstik/burt'sbees is what's causing you to need it so much.

I'm sure that's true. But, it's where I'm at

And I drink tons of water all day every day, the dry and altitude does take a lot of moisture out of you. You have to drink water for chap stick or whatever brand you use to really work well as they just help trap the moisture in, they don't actually add any moisture.

Comment

Burts bees for me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post

Unless you work where I do. Half the guys I work with keep something with them just incase. It's not needed everyday especially after you get used to how dry it can be in there but my first week I didn't use anything and my lips got so dry and cracked it was almost to the point of bleeding.
                        sigpic
                        Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                        You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                        You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                        Have It All - Blu3
                        Conceited - Blu3
                        Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                        All On You - Blu3

Comment

I usually carry around this:
                          Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                          FF is awesome!

Comment

chalk up another burts bees victim here
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

I've never used Blistex.
                              When I was a kid my mom would give me Carmex, but during the teen years and now I just use ChapStick.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X