Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Addicted To Blistex!!!!! (No I Don't Eat It)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Way back I started using Blistex. At some point I discovered that I need it with me everywhere I go....just in case. Sure I get dry every so often (especially when I play sports/exercise, or in the winter when furnace heat can really dry up things), but it's become like an addiction, fearing that if I leave home without it, something bad will happen. It's become a mind game. If I have it in my pocket, I don't even think about it. BUT watch out for the panic when I can't find that little tube asap, when away from the mothership!!!

One of my kids is just like me. She carries her lip "buddy" everywhere she goes.

Hopefully you don't have this addiction. If you do, I am here for you.....sort of (in spirit....dig?)

Some will say "Stay Thirsty", and I get that......but watch out for those "Dry Spells".
    My dad told me when I was a kid that Chapstick does the same thing. There is something in it that makes you need it. Best to just not ever use it - or use it very sparingly .... otherwise - they gotcha

The best I've found is Nivea A Kiss Of Moisture.

Last edited by dizzolve; 11-07-2017, 01:28 PM.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      My dad told me when I was a kid that Chapstick does the same thing. There is something in it that makes you need it. Best to just not ever use it - or use it very sparingly .... otherwise - they gotcha

The best I've found is Nivea A Kiss Of Moisture.

From a business perspective, that's a perfect product! Perfect! It's inexpensive, physiologically (chemically) non-addictive, medically harmless (based on current evidence), but the users ultimately become somewhat dependent upon it.

Then you get idiots like me that attribute magical qualities to the stupid chapstick, and bam, you're hooked for life! Ah, the stupid things we become addicted to.

To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        Coconut oil occasionally is my choice for chapped lips.
        It's also a good moisturiser, toothpaste and deodorant as well as my chosen cooking oil!
        Brings back memories of that very old hit:

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
        There they are all standing in a row
        Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head

Sounds like you've found the silver bullet Jawsie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
          From a business perspective, that's a perfect product! Perfect! It's inexpensive, physiologically (chemically) non-addictive, medically harmless (based on current evidence), but the users ultimately become somewhat dependent upon it.

Then you get idiots like me that attribute magical qualities to the stupid chapstick, and bam, you're hooked for life! Ah, the stupid things we become addicted to.

Exactly....we may have discussed this my friend, but in some ways it's like the world of social media and such, where smart IT geeks are doing whatever they can to get us addicted to something they are selling. Business folks are all trying to get us hooked, within the law. Others just break 'em.

Comment

Exactly....we may have discussed this my friend, but in some ways it's like the world of social media and such, where smart IT geeks are doing whatever they can to get us addicted to something they are selling. Business folks are all trying to get us hooked, within the law. Others just break 'em.
            Definitely! I'm sure we've discussed this in the past. It's funny, a business is like an organism. Its survivability is contingent upon adaptation, warding off competitors, and maintaining positive cash flow (or the "resources" needed to exist like food/shelter). Having a product that "hooks" you, whether chemically (like tobacco or perhaps caffeinated beverages), or just psychologically (like social media...which itself is constantly evolving which would complicate a long-term business model, or extreme chapstick addiction ) is all a huge advantage.

Imagine a patented cure for cancer (a preventative measure). Something like an annual iridium injection - a patented concoction that leaves healthy cells alone but destroys cancerous ones throughout the body. Delivered like a flu vaccine, where we would all get one once a year. Whomever holds that patent could be the worlds first multi trillionaire.

That would require some big time chapstick mojo...but it's probably coming.

Comment

Definitely! I'm sure we've discussed this in the past. It's funny, a business is like an organism. Its survivability is contingent upon adaptation, warding off competitors, and maintaining positive cash flow (or the "resources" needed to exist like food/shelter). Having a product that "hooks" you, whether chemically (like tobacco or perhaps caffeinated beverages), or just psychologically (like social media...which itself is constantly evolving which would complicate a long-term business model, or extreme chapstick addiction ) is all a huge advantage.

Imagine a patented cure for cancer (a preventative measure). Something like an annual iridium injection - a patented concoction that leaves healthy cells alone but destroys cancerous ones throughout the body. Delivered like a flu vaccine, where we would all get one once a year. Whomever holds that patent could be the worlds first multi trillionaire.

That would require some big time chapstick mojo...but it's probably coming.
              OK bud...when do you want to start working on it? We can work in our garages or basements or whatever. Isn't that key to becoming a legend, you know, working on something in your garage or basement, while others are out having fun? See, I got that part figured out! The next steps might not be as hard.

Speaking of getting hooked.....I would suggest that these boards, probably most of them (given I have hardly stepped into any other, so it is an assumption) have that "hook" factor, whether it be via a reward system (ie. CPs) or "likes" or whatever the reinforcement process used. I still get a bit of a positive reaction whenever I get a notification, including most of the unread alerts. (Ha ha....I said most.)

Comment

Brings back memories of that very old hit:

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts
                There they are all standing in a row
                Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head

Sounds like you've found the silver bullet Jawsie!!
                Lol.
                I won't be able to get that song out of my head now

Comment

OK bud...when do you want to start working on it? We can work in our garages or basements or whatever. Isn't that key to becoming a legend, you know, working on something in your garage or basement, while others are out having fun? See, I got that part figured out! The next steps might not be as hard.

Speaking of getting hooked.....I would suggest that these boards, probably most of them (given I have hardly stepped into any other, so it is an assumption) have that "hook" factor, whether it be via a reward system (ie. CPs) or "likes" or whatever the reinforcement process used. I still get a bit of a positive reaction whenever I get a notification, including most of the unread alerts. (Ha ha....I said most.)
                  Let's hook it up, homie! We could start a garage company - cancer research applied long distance experiment...or Crapple!

We'll change the world and make some coin and CP in the process! :thumb:

Comment

Let's hook it up, homie! We could start a garage company - cancer research applied long distance experiment...or Crapple!

We'll change the world and make some coin and CP in the process! :thumb:
                    I like it!! BUT, and I will send you a message as well, we might have to wait til next week, because you and I are going toe to toe in FF this week! This win may catapult you into serious contention. A win for me....well.....not even sure what that does. I was officially a "spoiler" since about week 4!

Enough of that, I will start drafting our business plan tonight. Part of our long term strategy is going to dwell on "hooking" others. After all, that was the predominant aspect of my golf game!
                    Last edited by CanDB; 11-08-2017, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I like it!! BUT, and I will send you a message as well, we might have to wait til next week, because you and I are going toe to toe in FF this week! This win may catapult you into serious contention. A win for me....well.....not even sure what that does. I was officially a "spoiler" since about week 4!

Enough of that, I will start drafting our business plan tonight. Part of our long term strategy is going to dwell on "hooking" others. After all, that was the predominant aspect of my golf game!
                      Hahaha! :thumb:

Comment

Not starting a new thread, but it appears I am now getting a bit addicted to hand moisturizer. Kinda like that Cocoa Butter fragrance I guess.

Comment

Not starting a new thread, but it appears I am now getting a bit addicted to hand moisturizer. Kinda like that Cocoa Butter fragrance I guess.
                          So, how is that going?.........

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post

So, how is that going?.........
                            If I only knew at the time.......

I will admit, the hand sanitizer in our gym sure smells nice.

Comment

Working...
                            X