Thank You Firefighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Firefighters

With all the wildfires going on in Colorado right now I just want to say thank you to all the hardworking fire fighters battling the wildfires. There are 3 fires near my hometown Durango, 2 fires near Colorado Springs were i live now and of course the big fire near Ft. Collins. Be safe everyone and lets pray for some rain.
    sigpic

My brother says he saw some 19 year olds near my house start a small one. Unfortunately, they were never caught by the police, but the fire didn't spread much. Dumb people.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
      My brother says he saw some 19 year olds near my house start a small one. Unfortunately, they were never caught by the police, but the fire didn't spread much. Dumb people.
      So stupid its crazzy how dry it is right now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith275 View Post
        So stupid its crazzy how dry it is right now.
        One person I'm friends with on Facebook even recently said she just saw fireworks too, even though we have all these wildfires...
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Prayers are with you all.

I lived in CA during some drought times. I know how scary that can be.

To the firefighters
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Thank you to all the men and women who are out there 24/7 fighting those fires....it takes a special kind of hero to put your life in danger every single day, and we salute you all!
            sigpic
            2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

This fire west of the Springs has now caused the entire town of Manitou Springs to be evacuated. Pretty crazzy. Luckily i'm on the north east side of the Springs, so I'm far from the fire.
              sigpic

Comment

My heart goes out to all involved, so sad for the animals and wildlife as well.
                I used to be on rescue/emergency management, the work that is involved with something like this is huge.

I am familiar with many of the areas...yes I moved a lot.....

You can get info updates here

Colorado Incidents and Breaking News

Live feeds...albeit hard to listen to at times...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=top

State of Colorado

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?stid=8
                Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 06-24-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

/Morgan/Washington county

Morgan County Sheriff, Police, Fire and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

Does not look good for Last Chance, yes I know there is not much there anymore but it was much of my family history.

http://forums.radioreference.com/col...rush-fire.html

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                    /Morgan/Washington county

Morgan County Sheriff, Police, Fire and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

Does not look good for Last Chance, yes I know there is not much there anymore but it was much of my family history.

http://forums.radioreference.com/col...rush-fire.html
                    I heard about Last Chance, as well. My family lived in the parsonage located at Highway 71 & US Highway 36. My father was the minister for a year (1977) at the Howard United Methodist Church, and I tell you there is nothing out there now except for the church and the house. Hopefully the current pastor and family have been evacuated. There were a lot of vacant buildings, including the old motel and the old Dairy King. Lots of fuel for the fire.
                    sigpic

Comment

I heard something about Byers being on fire too... I spent the majority if my youth summers there...
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

KUSA channel 9 NBC local weatherman states the fire plume in Last Chance has reached 18,000 ft and can be seen on doppler radar.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                          KUSA channel 9 NBC local weatherman states the fire plume in Last Chance has reached 18,000 ft and can be seen on doppler radar.
                          I just went outside to see if I could see anything out east... plenty of smoke coming from that way... not good at all
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Fire near Last Chance started from car that lost tire and spark from the rim says Dave Delozier #COFire
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                              I heard about Last Chance, as well. My family lived in the parsonage located at Highway 71 & US Highway 36. My father was the minister for a year (1977) at the Howard United Methodist Church, and I tell you there is nothing out there now except for the church and the house. Hopefully the current pastor and family have been evacuated. There were a lot of vacant buildings, including the old motel and the old Dairy King. Lots of fuel for the fire.
                              Very interesting.^^
                              My Grandfather had a cattle ranch.

of their last cattle drive to Denver
                              My Grandmother taught school in the one room school house.
                              Last name was Trimm.
                              They retired and moved to Greeley, one of my Aunt's and Uncles moved to Hillrose so spent many years in the entire area.
                              Went to more than one funeral out in the middle of no where, will never forget...

We visited about 30 years ago, glad Hubby got to see Last Chance, and yes the Dairy King. Good times.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...01&fr2=piv-web
                              Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 06-25-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X