Thank You Firefighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    30 miles east of Denver the smoke was thick enough that we thought we had a fire coming close to us... we decided to play it safe and leave, but seen that there was no fire here, and that it was just smoke from either Boulder or the springs...

Most likely the same smoke I took pictures of. It was heading Northeast, right over me, pretty much right towards you.

Gets your undivided attention, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
      Most likely the same smoke I took pictures of. It was heading Northeast, right over me, pretty much right towards you.

Gets your undivided attention, doesn't it?

It almost had to have been that same smoke... I heard the wind pick up, could smell the smoke inside my house coming from our swamp cooler went outside and it was quite dark for that time of night, and all my neighbors were standing around trying to figure out where it was coming from, looking to the south west we could see some orange over the hills we have... took a bit longer for us to get out than I would like, but we got all of the super important stuff... Poor cat was freaking out in the box

I'm just glad it was a drill rather than the real thing... I couldn't imagine what it's like for the people who are losing their homes right now
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

http://www.briargatemedia.com/blank%20page

Waldo Canyon Fire - live stream
        sigpic
        2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Wow. Check out these pics at the DP.

So sad.

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediace...he-gods/38318/
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Here's a good shot of the fully formed header as seen from Pikes Peak - probably when you guys saw all that smoke.

And a shot from the DP photos linked above...

Last edited by Mount-n-Groan; 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM.
            Winter is Coming!

Comment

Frenchy!

Head outside for a few minutes. Take a flashlight, and look at at your walls, any car parked outside. That kind of stuff.

We just went up to see if we could see a glow from the fire, and there is ash covering the three cars in the driveway. A layer of white. When we got back we checked the horses, and they are covered also. As is the barn. The west and south walls are covered with it. I guess the light rain just made it stick. No doubt everything else is also. Going to be hosing down everything tomorrow.

And yeah, we could see it. The Springs always glows from the city lights, like Denver to the NW, but not as strong, and it's kind of yellowish. Just to the right is a smaller bright orange glow. It looks pretty big actually from this far away. Of course, it IS pretty big....

While we were watching, we noticed another orange spot flare up just to the right of the main fire glow, and disappear just as quickly. Lasted about 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                Frenchy!

Head outside for a few minutes. Take a flashlight, and look at at your walls, any car parked outside. That kind of stuff.

We just went up to see if we could see a glow from the fire, and there is ash covering the three cars in the driveway. A layer of white. When we got back we checked the horses, and they are covered also. As is the barn. The west and south walls are covered with it. I guess the light rain just made it stick. No doubt everything else is also. Going to be hosing down everything tomorrow.

And yeah, we could see it. The Springs always glows from the city lights, like Denver to the NW, but not as strong, and it's kind of yellowish. Just to the right is a smaller bright orange glow. It looks pretty big actually from this far away. Of course, it IS pretty big....

While we were watching, we noticed another orange spot flare up just to the right of the main fire glow, and disappear just as quickly. Lasted about 30 seconds.

I just now seen this post and went out to check it... couldn't see any ash out here, but we didn't get any rain here either... I just hope they all get put out soon and we have a week or two of solid rain (not enough to flood though )
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post

So sad.

Some completely harrowing pictures on there, hope everyone from these boards is safe and well.
                  Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I also like to check out Trafficland
                    http://trafficland.com/mapnav.jsp

Lots of smoke in the Monument area....

I have a cousin who was a Firefighter in Denver for years but I think he is retired now living in Centennial.
                    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM. Reason: wrong link

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post

So sad.

That's incredibly sad

Thoughts and prayers going out to those affected by these fires throughout the state of Colorado.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                        I also like to check out Trafficland
                        http://trafficland.com/mapnav.jsp

Lots of smoke in the Monument area....

I have a cousin who was a Firefighter in Denver for years but I think he is retired now living in Centennial.

Channel 7 just showed a camera in Monument, and it was hard to see.

BECAUSE IT'S RAINING THERE!!!

Comment

Showing the camera again. It's stopped raining. Mike Nelson says it is, but you can see it's not.

Now it's really windy. Blowing East. Looks like they are grounding the helicopters. They are showing them tying them down, and wind socks are full.

Spotty rain, depends where you are. I am getting rain right now, and pretty strong wind. And I just finished washing the ash of the three cars outside. Looks like I'll be doing it again tomorrow.

Comment

Stay safe y'all.

JWinn your place looks beautiful.

Comment

Form the camera they have in Monument, you can see the smoke just flowing down to slopes in to the Springs like water. DSMith, it's gotta be just terrible. Hope your OK!

Thanks Aberdien.

Comment

Yikes. I'm only now catching up with all of this. How terrible and sad Wish I could send you some of our surplus of rain. Keep safe everyone and praying this passes sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                                X