Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i had to go the the E.R. last night

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So i had to go the the E.R. last night

    Had to make a trip the the emergency room yesterday because i got sting by hornets or wasps 5 times & i'm allergic. I stared to panic looking for the benadryl & in the first 5 minutes i think i was close to being in shock or maybe i was, cause i was sweating really bad & was getting dizzy & my head hurt bad.

    After taking a couple benadryl's i was strarting to feel a little better but my wife wanted to take me to the E.R. right away & i didn't listen (never argue with your wife) because i felt like i was gonna be ok, well then about 15 or 20 minutes later my whole body started getting red & rashes everywhere & i got scared, it looked so bad & that's when we went.

    They took me in immediatly & started treating me with more benadryl a breathing treatment, pepcid, an IV & the kicker the Adrenaline shot & that stuff is crazy. It makes your body shake & tremble uncontrollable & that lasted about a half hour.

    But i would say all is well now outside a little bit of redness around the stings & i'm a little tired but benadryl does that to me. Bottom line is nobody should ever mess around or take things lightly when it comes to allergic reactions like this because they can be life threating.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Glad you are ok, that sucks big time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Christ! Glad to hear you're alright, can't imagine how frightening that must be. I have BAD entomophobia (fear of insects). Touched a bumble bee by accident because it was sleeping on my front door handle and I wasn't looking, had a pretty bad panic attack, crying, shaking, nearly threw up, you name it I had it! Absolutely horrendous feeling.
      Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm glad you're ok! Allergies are nothing to mess around with, that's for sure...
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

        sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

        Comment


        • #5
          Glad to see you're ok. I'm not sure if I'm still allergic to bees, and I would prefer not to find out...
          sigpic

          2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow, I'm glad you're ok!

            What did you do to piss off the buggers?
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
              Wow, I'm glad you're ok!

              What did you do to piss off the buggers?
              I think i went right past the nest which was under our deck & i had no ide it was there.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                Glad you are ok, that sucks big time.
                Thanks! And yeah it sucked.
                Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
                Christ! Glad to hear you're alright, can't imagine how frightening that must be. I have BAD entomophobia (fear of insects). Touched a bumble bee by accident because it was sleeping on my front door handle and I wasn't looking, had a pretty bad panic attack, crying, shaking, nearly threw up, you name it I had it! Absolutely horrendous feeling.
                Thank you
                Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                I'm glad you're ok! Allergies are nothing to mess around with, that's for sure...
                Thanks alot & yes i will never wait around again, hopefully there won't be a next time though
                Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                Glad to see you're ok. I'm not sure if I'm still allergic to bees, and I would prefer not to find out...
                Thanks, & yeah i wouldn't wish it on anybody, but my boy has it worse than me because he is allergic to peanuts.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wasp?? Wow!! Im a sucker for those types of insects... Its good to hear your ok......
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Gees man. Glad you are OK.

                    My sister has allergies that they cannot figure out so she carries one of those EPI pens all the time. I saw her have an attack once, it is scary.

                    Glad you are OK.

                    Never let the wife see that that you posted to never argue, you will never hear the end of it.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      Gees man. Glad you are OK.

                      My sister has allergies that they cannot figure out so she carries one of those EPI pens all the time. I saw her have an attack once, it is scary.

                      Glad you are OK.

                      Never let the wife see that that you posted to never argue, you will never hear the end of it.
                      Thanks Eddie! I actually have one of the Epi pens but didn't use it because it was expired by over a year, but they said i should have used it anyway. Ah well live & learn i guess
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That's terrifying, glad you're okay though. I'm also allergic to them, luckily I haven't been stung in forever (knock on wood).
                        sigpic
                        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yikes. Scary stuff.
                          Glad you're ok.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 350legend View Post
                            Wasp?? Wow!! Im a sucker for those types of insects... Its good to hear your ok......
                            Thanks alot!
                            Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                            That's terrifying, glad you're okay though. I'm also allergic to them, luckily I haven't been stung in forever (knock on wood).
                            Thanks Mark, and i too hope you never have to go through it because it really sucks.
                            Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                            Yikes. Scary stuff.
                            Glad you're ok.
                            Thanks Jaws! Scary inded.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              First, I'm glad you're okay. Scary stuff.

                              Second, I was going to ask about EPI pens. Good to know that you can still use them after the expiration date.

                              Third, I'm here to remind you about never arguing with your wife. You're welcome.

                              I only have the normal allergies to pollen (never had a problem until I move to MD). I can't imagine what you and your son go through. Be safe!
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

                              #LupusAwareness

                              #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X