So i had to go the the E.R. last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    First, I'm glad you're okay. Scary stuff.

Second, I was going to ask about EPI pens. Good to know that you can still use them after the expiration date.

Third, I'm here to remind you about never arguing with your wife. You're welcome.

I only have the normal allergies to pollen (never had a problem until I move to MD). I can't imagine what you and your son go through. Be safe!
    Thanks Peanut.
    I'm not sure why i didn't just use the pen, maybe i was scared to stick myself?

And how did i know you would like the comment about the wife & agree with it.

And lastly it does suck, that make 2 trips to the E.R. for me & once for my son but his condition is alot more scary than mine because he has to worry about it all the time unlike just a few months for me & also needing to be outdoors.
    sigpic

Comment

Glad youre ok!
      sigpic

Comment

Wow. Glad you're ok now, but that is pretty scary. I was stung on the hand a few years ago by a yellow jacket and my hand swelled to about twice it's normal size. And I'm not allergic to wasp stings! That was just a normal reaction I found out.
        sigpic

Comment

Super scary stuff. I too am allergic to most bees and wasps. I have to carry an epipen with me wherever I go. It's a moment of truth when you have to stab yourself with it.
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
            Glad youre ok!
            Thanks alot.
            Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
            Wow. Glad you're ok now, but that is pretty scary. I was stung on the hand a few years ago by a yellow jacket and my hand swelled to about twice it's normal size. And I'm not allergic to wasp stings! That was just a normal reaction I found out.
            Thanks man. Yeah it's rather scary not knowing how bad it will get, if your throat will start closing up or if you will have trouble breathing, the last time i was stung just 2 times so when i got nailed 5 times, i was scared to death.

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Super scary stuff. I too am allergic to most bees and wasps. I have to carry an epipen with me wherever I go. It's a moment of truth when you have to stab yourself with it.
            And i think that was the biggest thing cory, not so much it was outdated & expired but i think i was just afraid to do it to myself.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Thanks Peanut.
              I'm not sure why i didn't just use the pen, maybe i was scared to stick myself?

And how did i know you would like the comment about the wife & agree with it.

And lastly it does suck, that make 2 trips to the E.R. for me & once for my son but his condition is alot more scary than mine because he has to worry about it all the time unlike just a few months for me & also needing to be outdoors.
              I don't blame you. I don't like needles. Have your wife do it for you. I'm sure she'd be happy to.

Seriously, she wants to keep you around, you know?

Us wives need to stick together.

That has to be hard, having to check labels for peanuts. And eating out. Is it something that he might outgrow?
              Administrator
              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                I don't blame you. I don't like needles. Have your wife do it for you. I'm sure she'd be happy to.

Seriously, she wants to keep you around, you know?

Us wives need to stick together.

That has to be hard, having to check labels for peanuts. And eating out. Is it something that he might outgrow?
                It's not so much that needles bother me, i can take a shot anytime, in fact i give blood at the red cross sometimes but the thought of stabbing myself isn't appealing & yes i'm sure my wife would not had a problem doing it.

As for my son, yes it's a bit of a pain for example..at a family picnic last year someone gave him a cookie or two & about 10-15 minutes later it started & we had to rush him to the E.R. but nobody had any idea there was peanut butter in the cookie, & i don't believe he will ever grow out of it.

Come to think of it he has had alot of issues for only being 14, when he was very young like 3 or 4 he would have seizures from a high fever, i think that happened 3 times but we prevented a few because we knew what to do. Thankfully he did outgrow that.

He also has scoliosis & has a double S curve in his back that we have had to drive him to children's hospital of pittsburgh twice a year for the past 3 or 4 years to be checked.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X