Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite decade that you have lived through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favourite decade that you have lived through?

Mine would have to be the 70s.
    I was born right at the beginning of that decade.
    Happy times
    It was a good decade to grow up.
    The only piece of technology that could keep us indoors was TV and even that didn't have programmes scheduled all the time. Afternoons, they would stop broadcasting and of course kids shows were only on between 4 & 5.30.
    So there was plenty of time to pass playing outdoors, making dens, riding our bikes, playing make-believe such as Batman and Robin, or pretending to be the Famous Five or having our own Olympic Games. I was a pretty mean Wrestler as well, beating my brother and all the local boys - early Girl Power!
    The roads were much safer, not as many cars and people were happy to allow their kids to go out in the neighbourhood all day long without worrying some crazed pervert would attack them.
    Teenage years in the 80s were pretty good too, but looking back, I think that would have to be my most hated decade. I think the roots of all our current day troubles go back to that decade of greed.
    Present decade
    6.67%
    noughties
    0.00%
    nineties
    53.33%
    eighties
    23.33%
    seventies
    6.67%
    sixties
    3.33%
    fifties
    3.33%
    forties
    3.33%

Yo Jaws, I'mma let you finish, but the 90s were the best decade of all time. OF ALL TIME!
    sigpic
    - ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

I'd say 90's, life was simple, the Broncos were superbowl winners my Nascar driver didn't suck (B. Labonte) the 90's were a good decade.
      sigpic

Comment

I go to the 90's as well...

Ah memories of all those high school parties and the long summers where all that was left was to have fun and not be worried about anything!
        Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
        -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

This was a tough one, though I loved the 70's and they we fun and simple times. The 80's is were I had the most fun. I graduated in 1982 for one thing. The drinking age was 18 for 3.2 beer here in Colorado. There were plenty of 3.2 bars and dance halls. Loved the music and dressing up to go out dancing. Though I went though many things in the 80's it still was a ton of fun. If you think about it when you see a picture of someone in the 50, 60, 70 and 80's you can tell which decade they were in by there hair and cloths. To me since then it's kind of hard to tell a 90's though today that way. We had our own style even the movie were original. Today they just copy or remake movies and clothing. IDK but thats how I feel.
          sigpic

Comment

I think it'd be hard to argue against the 90's. It was just such a great decade across the board. Sports, Science, TV, movies, fun factor, peace, balance, pop culture, Music, etc.

90's was just the GOAT of decades.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

definitely the 90s great music, great cartoons, life was simple annnnd 5 dollars seemed like a lot then

Comment

I voted '90's as well, but the present decade is pretty good for me so far.

In the '90's I:
                -spent a year overseas in Australia
                -graduated from college
                -traveled around the west for several weeks with my cousin
                -got my first "real job" managing an outdoor store
                -met my wife
                -moved to Seattle & lived in the gorgeous Pacific NW for 6 years
                -got my Master's degree
                -welcomed both my boys to the world

Yeah, the '90's were pretty good for FF.
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

The 80s.

Like was simple with $5 dollars. You could take the bus to and fro, buy a slice and soda for and play some $0.25 video games. It was the era of Capcom and Konami. It dawned Super Mario Brothers which changed home video gaming. It was the best era for Hip Hop. And the cartoons of the 80s were the best IMO. I blame the 90s for Pokemon.

I think people will answer the questions by when they were 10-20 years old because we can now look back at that time and say "may life was great back then". Like I do. And my parents. And my grandparents. Because we didn't have real life worries... which is why the 90s is second for me. Then the 00s are third. And so on lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                    The 80s.

Like was simple with $5 dollars. You could take the bus to and fro, buy a slice and soda for and play some $0.25 video games. It was the era of Capcom and Konami. It dawned Super Mario Brothers which changed home video gaming. It was the best era for Hip Hop. And the cartoons of the 80s were the best IMO. I blame the 90s for Pokemon.

I think people will answer the questions by when they were 10-20 years old because we can now look back at that time and say "may life was great back then". Like I do. And my parents. And my grandparents. Because we didn't have real life worries... which is why the 90s is second for me. Then the 00s are third. And so on lol.
                    I don't know. The Pokemon games was decent and the TV series was average during the first 2-3 seasons. After that it became what South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc are today. TV shows that just drag on and on and on and on and on.

I watched Pokemon in the 90's not a lot, I stopped after the first movie in 2000 or 1999.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      I don't know. The Pokemon games was decent and the TV series was average during the first 2-3 seasons. After that it became what South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc are today. TV shows that just drag on and on and on and on and on.

I watched Pokemon in the 90's not a lot, I stopped after the first movie in 2000 or 1999.
                      Not necessarily Pokemon, but the Pokemon style cartoons that followed. I didn't like any but it wasn't for my age range anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncbeat View Post
                        This was a tough one, though I loved the 70's and they we fun and simple times. The 80's is were I had the most fun. I graduated in 1982 for one thing. The drinking age was 18 for 3.2 beer here in Colorado. There were plenty of 3.2 bars and dance halls. Loved the music and dressing up to go out dancing. Though I went though many things in the 80's it still was a ton of fun. If you think about it when you see a picture of someone in the 50, 60, 70 and 80's you can tell which decade they were in by there hair and cloths. To me since then it's kind of hard to tell a 90's though today that way. We had our own style even the movie were original. Today they just copy or remake movies and clothing. IDK but thats how I feel.
                        Didn't we have wonderfully bad taste fashion in the eighties! At least we all looked terrible together
                        My funnest memory of the 80s are the glamour, high powered U.S soaps. No decade did *****-slapping and pool fights like that one. I don't miss the mullets.

My best memory of the 90s happened right at it's beginning with the birth of my Son.

As for the Noughties, they are special too - for that is when I discovered the Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                          Didn't we have wonderfully bad taste fashion in the eighties! At least we all looked terrible together
                          My funnest memory of the 80s are the glamour, high powered U.S soaps. No decade did *****-slapping and pool fights like that one. I don't miss the mullets.

My best memory of the 90s happened right at it's beginning with the birth of my Son.

As for the Noughties, they are special too - for that is when I discovered the Broncos
                          I have two relatives that were in soaps in the 80s. One of them had a historic moment, the other wasn't even known. For privacy reasons, I'll keep it quiet for now.

Of all the soap storylines, I followed Days of Our Lives' Salem Slasher storyline. Parts were taken from The Man in the Iron Mask, but it was still a classic. And I was surprised at how many of us teenage GUYS were watching soaps lol but most of them watched All My Children and One Life To Live.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                            I have two relatives that were in soaps in the 80s. One of them had a historic moment, the other wasn't even known. For privacy reasons, I'll keep it quiet for now.

Of all the soap storylines, I followed Days of Our Lives' Salem Slasher storyline. Parts were taken from The Man in the Iron Mask, but it was still a classic. And I was surprised at how many of us teenage GUYS were watching soaps lol but most of them watched All My Children and One Life To Live.
                            Lol. Soaps played a part in my choice of Football team even.
                            Had I not preferred Dynasty over Dallas I might well have ended up a Cowboys fan

Comment

Wow, this is a tough one...

I graduated high school in the nineties, started college, joined my fraternity...lots of great memories.
                              I graduated college in the noughties, was in the best physical shape of my life, met my wife, got married...lots of great memories.
                              I completed my MBA in the current decade and my daughter was born, because of the latter I had to choose the "here and now" as my favorite.
                              My other love...
                              sigpic
                              305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X