Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favourite decade that you have lived through?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I have two relatives that were in soaps in the 80s. One of them had a historic moment, the other wasn't even known. For privacy reasons, I'll keep it quiet for now.

    Of all the soap storylines, I followed Days of Our Lives' Salem Slasher storyline. Parts were taken from The Man in the Iron Mask, but it was still a classic. And I was surprised at how many of us teenage GUYS were watching soaps lol but most of them watched All My Children and One Life To Live.
    I met and/or received autographs from numerous soap stars in the 90's. I voted for the 90's but I prefer the 50's. I just wasn't born then. The 50's were a much easier time
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Jaws View Post
      Lol. Soaps played a part in my choice of Football team even.
      Had I not preferred Dynasty over Dallas I might well have ended up a Cowboys fan
      Well, yay for Dynasty!

      I don't remember the other decades, so I chose the present one.

      Really, even though there's still drama (because that's life), I'm better equipped to handle it. Mentally and emotionally, right now is good.

      It might have been a simpler life back then, but I'm sitting here talking to someone in Wales.

      How cool is that?
      Administrator

      Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

      Lupus Awareness

      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

      Comment


      • #18
        The 90's.

        I miss you so much...

        Comment


        • #19
          I have to say the 80s for me, i guess with no real Responsibilities and everything being about fun and music, it was a cool decade
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            Well, yay for Dynasty!

            I don't remember the other decades, so I chose the present one.

            Really, even though there's still drama (because that's life), I'm better equipped to handle it. Mentally and emotionally, right now is good.

            It might have been a simpler life back then, but I'm sitting here talking to someone in Wales.

            How cool is that?
            It is pretty cool The world has become so much smaller thanks to the internet and I've made some good friends worldwide I even find myself thinking of Colorado as my "local patch" sometimes lol. Had the internet been around I might well have gotten into NFL in the 80s.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by 350legend View Post
              I have to say the 80s for me, i guess with no real Responsibilities and everything being about fun and music, it was a cool decade
              Hear, hear.... :clap: The Eighties had some of the BEST music evar! Michael Jackson & Thriller, Prince & Purple Rain, Madonna.... not to mention all the HAIR bands!!

              sigpic
              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

              Comment


              • #22
                It had to be the '80s....met my wife....got married....had our kids....was peaking at sports....career was looking up....had a very full, tasty plate.

                The truth is, I gave up the single life, and sort of grew up!!
                Last edited by CanDB; 07-05-2012, 06:28 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The sixties were horrible and terrifying, wonderful and magic at the same time. Hard to explain; guess you had to be there. It was like being in a whirlwind. I'm glad I lived through it. It was the most historically significant decade. Everything changed after the sixties.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The 90's.

                    Graduated high school in the early 90's, got married in the late 90's, and did all sorts of awesome stuff in between the two.


                    I wanna go back!!!
                    sigpic

                    Adopted Posters:
                    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                    Adopted By:
                    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                    Broncbeat

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                      I have two relatives that were in soaps in the 80s. One of them had a historic moment, the other wasn't even known. For privacy reasons, I'll keep it quiet for now.

                      Of all the soap storylines, I followed Days of Our Lives' Salem Slasher storyline. Parts were taken from The Man in the Iron Mask, but it was still a classic. And I was surprised at how many of us teenage GUYS were watching soaps lol but most of them watched All My Children and One Life To Live.
                      Man, who didn't watch Days back then? Even guys on the football team watched Days on their lunch period.

                      Favorite storyline back then had to be when Marlena was possessed by the devil and as it turned out, John Black was the world's greatest exorcist.

                      Only in soaps.
                      sigpic

                      Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Tough one to answer. I was born in the '60s, grew up in the '70s, met my first love and met my (now) wife in the '80s, we were married and bought our house in the '90s, we have done some great traveling in the noughts and the teens...

                        Hmmmm, I guess they're all great decades.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Without even thinking a split second, it was most definately the '80's for me. Of course it helps that it was the ages of 7-17 for me, who doesn't love those years of your life?

                          But it's more than that, times were just so much simpler, so much easier, so much more friendly. Now everything is all about technology & speed & i gotta have this & i gotta have that. Everybody is in such a rush to go here, go there, the roadways are at least 10 times more dangerous to drive on because of what people do in the car & how they must race everywhere. There is also so much hate in the world today & very very little respect for each other.

                          Yeah i would glady go back & live in the 80's all over again & i would take those times over today's times in a heartbeat.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                            Without even thinking a split second, it was most definately the '80's for me. Of course it helps that it was the ages of 7-17 for me, who doesn't love those years of your life?

                            But it's more than that, times were just so much simpler, so much easier, so much more friendly. Now everything is all about technology & speed & i gotta have this & i gotta have that. Everybody is in such a rush to go here, go there, the roadways are at least 10 times more dangerous to drive on because of what people do in the car & how they must race everywhere. There is also so much hate in the world today & very very little respect for each other.

                            Yeah i would glady go back & live in the 80's all over again & i would take those times over today's times in a heartbeat.
                            And yet the '80s were called "The Me Decade". No, the technology wasn't like today, but it was all about I gotta have this and I gotta have that. To me, the '70s were that simpler time, but that was when I was aged 7-17, like you in the '80s. So perhaps it's not so much about the actual decade, but it's about how old we were at the time. Just a thought.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              The sixties were horrible and terrifying, wonderful and magic at the same time. Hard to explain; guess you had to be there. It was like being in a whirlwind. I'm glad I lived through it. It was the most historically significant decade. Everything changed after the sixties.
                              I "dug" the 60s and early 70s. Amazing period of change, and rebellion and hope and music and wild clothes and hair and....lets just say, friendly relations. And I won't waste much time on the mind-bending activities that folks were getting into. In fact, some of it was a little too fast for me, but it did change our lives. I guess I sped up as a result.

                              I would sum up that era as "liberal".....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Nought votes for the noughties so far and the nineties way ahead.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X