whats on the grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats on the grill

Been watching bbq pit masters and let me tell you I grilled some ribs yesterday and they came out great. Slow cooked at 250 with some rub. Share your grilling thoughts...

Those ribs sound absolutely wonderful, I love ribs.

Recently grilled a few of these:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-hamburgers/

Would definitely recommend them.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

We're BBQing Chicken, tomorrow
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Pork chops for us- we found a great habanero pineapple sauce/glaze and now were hooked.

Comment

I havent been to one yet (BBQ) but i will real soon....
          sigpic

Comment

You name it, I'll grill it.

Steaks, burgers, dogs of all kinds, bacon, ribs, birds, fish, shellfish, fruit, veggies, everything and anything.

I make my own rubs for steaks and ribs. Different depending on if I am doing beef or pork. Although sometimes I'll do steaks naked. (The steaks, not me, lol.)

Specialties are Steak and a very sweet Moroccan Chicken on skewers. Shish Kabob style!

Love to smoke fish and birds over wood coals first, and finish on the gas grill. I am the only one who likes it though, so I don't do it too often. Also make a killer Elk or Deer jerky on the smoker when I can get the meat.

Mostly use gas, as it's just faster and easier.

I grill year round, and go thru about 6 or 7 tanks a year. Always keep a full one on standby.

Lastly, since it came out, I just love TD's BBQ sauce. Always have it on ribs & chicken.

Last edited by JWinn; 07-06-2012, 04:48 PM. Reason: added picture of the sauce

Comment

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post

I got one you'll love. One of my favorites.

Bacon Wrapped Filet MIgnon!

Start by soaking toothpicks in water so they wont burn. Also, have small sheets of plastic wrap ready. One for each steak.

Take your filet, about two inches thick, and wrap it with a slice or two of your favorite bacon. Sprinkle liberally with your favorite rub/seasoning. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and set it in the fridge for an hour or so so the seasoning can do it's thing on the meat.

Remove from the fridge, unwrap from the plastic, and skewer the bacon in place with soaked toothpicks so it doesn't fall off on the grill. I snap the toothpicks in half, so I don't pierce the meat too deep. We're talking expensive meat here.

Let the steak/s rest at least half an hour at room temp, so the center isn't cold when the rest is done. I throw them in the microwave where they are safe from anything. Kids, pets, insects, whatever.

Grill it on it's edges until the bacon starts to crisp up a little, turning often, and then lay them flat and cook like normal until your desired doneness.

DO NOT WALK AWAY! The bacon can flare up and burn. These babies require constant attention.

Can also be done on a cast iron skillet, and finished in the oven. Although I only do that if it rains.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                I got one you'll love. One of my favorites.

Bacon Wrapped Filet MIgnon!

Start by soaking toothpicks in water so they wont burn. Also, have small sheets of plastic wrap ready. One for each steak.

Take your filet, about two inches thick, and wrap it with a slice or two of your favorite bacon. Sprinkle liberally with your favorite rub/seasoning. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and set it in the fridge for an hour or so so the seasoning can do it's thing on the meat.

Remove from the fridge, unwrap from the plastic, and skewer the bacon in place with soaked toothpicks so it doesn't fall off on the grill. I snap the toothpicks in half, so I don't pierce the meat too deep. We're talking expensive meat here.

Let the steak/s rest at least half an hour at room temp, so the center isn't cold when the rest is done. I throw them in the microwave where they are safe from anything. Kids, pets, insects, whatever.

Grill it on it's edges until the bacon starts to crisp up a little, turning often, and then lay them flat and cook like normal until your desired doneness.

DO NOT WALK AWAY! The bacon can flare up and burn. These babies require constant attention.

Can also be done on a cast iron skillet, and finished in the oven. Although I only do that if it rains.

Thanks for posting, recipe looks absolutely delicious, salivated a lot whilst reading! Can't wait to try it
                Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Thanks for posting, recipe looks absolutely delicious, salivated a lot whilst reading! Can't wait to try it
                  The only drawback to these, is that every restaurant steak you have afterwards will be a disappointment.

I should mention the rocks. Yeah, you read that right, rocks.

You might want to have a couple of larger rocks that you can lean the steaks on while crisping the bacon. If your grill is hot, you can burn yourself holding them in place. Sometimes the steaks just don't want to stay on the edge. You can have really long tongs and hold them in place, but the rocks work great.

I have two I just leave in the grill now. They also come in handy when doing shish kabob as I use metal skewers with wooden handles that would burn. I set the rocks just under the edge of the cover to let the skewer handles stick out.

They don't have to be too big. Just enough to hold up the steaks.

Rinse them really well before you put em in there, and leave them in the back corners. Just give them a quick scrub with the wire brush while doing the grate.

Comment

A great sauce to grill with is the habanero and mango from buffalo wild wings, goes good with chicken, they have like 15 different kind of sauces I recommend trying them all

Comment

Tonite is beutiful sirloins marinaded in olive oil, worchestire, Ed wine vinegar, garlic, basil etc.

Tomorrow is ahi tuna in a ginger/ soy based marinade and sauce.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanx for this thread SKULLMAN! I've got some ribs on the grill right now! I experimented about 2 weeks ago on some ribs. I slow cooked my spare ribs wrapped in bacon, and I slow cook my babybacks in some pineapple chunks and other goodies. Needless to say, they were great. Now i'm slow cooking my spare ribs and i'm going to put a apple juice and maple syrup glaze on it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Those look great!! This thread sure makes me hungry! I love BBQ!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've got about 12 hamburger patties ready to go on the grill, but they're going to have to wait until tomorrow... Tank hose went out on the grill, and I don't feel like going into Home Depot... But they're going to be great, onion, chipotle with adobo sauce, and some stuffing mix to hold it all together.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Whatever I grill its wrapped in bacon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X