X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EvertonBroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by JWinn View Post
    I got one you'll love. One of my favorites.

Bacon Wrapped Filet MIgnon!

Start by soaking toothpicks in water so they wont burn. Also, have small sheets of plastic wrap ready. One for each steak.

Take your filet, about two inches thick, and wrap it with a slice or two of your favorite bacon. Sprinkle liberally with your favorite rub/seasoning. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and set it in the fridge for an hour or so so the seasoning can do it's thing on the meat.

Remove from the fridge, unwrap from the plastic, and skewer the bacon in place with soaked toothpicks so it doesn't fall off on the grill. I snap the toothpicks in half, so I don't pierce the meat too deep. We're talking expensive meat here.

Let the steak/s rest at least half an hour at room temp, so the center isn't cold when the rest is done. I throw them in the microwave where they are safe from anything. Kids, pets, insects, whatever.

Grill it on it's edges until the bacon starts to crisp up a little, turning often, and then lay them flat and cook like normal until your desired doneness.

DO NOT WALK AWAY! The bacon can flare up and burn. These babies require constant attention.

Can also be done on a cast iron skillet, and finished in the oven. Although I only do that if it rains.

Thanks for posting, recipe looks absolutely delicious, salivated a lot whilst reading! Can't wait to try it

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    Those ribs sound absolutely wonderful, I love ribs.

Recently grilled a few of these:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-hamburgers/

Would definitely recommend them.
    I got one you'll love. One of my favorites.

Bacon Wrapped Filet MIgnon!

Start by soaking toothpicks in water so they wont burn. Also, have small sheets of plastic wrap ready. One for each steak.

Take your filet, about two inches thick, and wrap it with a slice or two of your favorite bacon. Sprinkle liberally with your favorite rub/seasoning. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and set it in the fridge for an hour or so so the seasoning can do it's thing on the meat.

Remove from the fridge, unwrap from the plastic, and skewer the bacon in place with soaked toothpicks so it doesn't fall off on the grill. I snap the toothpicks in half, so I don't pierce the meat too deep. We're talking expensive meat here.

Let the steak/s rest at least half an hour at room temp, so the center isn't cold when the rest is done. I throw them in the microwave where they are safe from anything. Kids, pets, insects, whatever.

Grill it on it's edges until the bacon starts to crisp up a little, turning often, and then lay them flat and cook like normal until your desired doneness.

DO NOT WALK AWAY! The bacon can flare up and burn. These babies require constant attention.

Can also be done on a cast iron skillet, and finished in the oven. Although I only do that if it rains.

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    You name it, I'll grill it.

Steaks, burgers, dogs of all kinds, bacon, ribs, birds, fish, shellfish, fruit, veggies, everything and anything.

I make my own rubs for steaks and ribs. Different depending on if I am doing beef or pork. Although sometimes I'll do steaks naked. (The steaks, not me, lol.)

Specialties are Steak and a very sweet Moroccan Chicken on skewers. Shish Kabob style!

Love to smoke fish and birds over wood coals first, and finish on the gas grill. I am the only one who likes it though, so I don't do it too often. Also make a killer Elk or Deer jerky on the smoker when I can get the meat.

Mostly use gas, as it's just faster and easier.

I grill year round, and go thru about 6 or 7 tanks a year. Always keep a full one on standby.

Lastly, since it came out, I just love TD's BBQ sauce. Always have it on ribs & chicken.

Last edited by JWinn; 07-06-2012, 04:48 PM. Reason: added picture of the sauce

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    I havent been to one yet (BBQ) but i will real soon....

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Pork chops for us- we found a great habanero pineapple sauce/glaze and now were hooked.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    We're BBQing Chicken, tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• EvertonBroncos
    replied
    Those ribs sound absolutely wonderful, I love ribs.

Recently grilled a few of these:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-hamburgers/

Would definitely recommend them.

Leave a comment:

• SKULLMAN
    started a topic whats on the grill

whats on the grill

Been watching bbq pit masters and let me tell you I grilled some ribs yesterday and they came out great. Slow cooked at 250 with some rub. Share your grilling thoughts...
Working...
X