I "Dig" Spelling (Properly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    That's one that gets messed up a lot, by many.

I believe it goes like this...

If you think "effect" - Usually a noun, and it typically refers to an "outcome", as in, What was the effect of your post?

whereas

If you think "affect" - typically describes "an influence" as in, Your posts affect many of us.

There are is a lot more to it, but this might help a bit.
    As an example: I was affected by the alcohol I drank last night.....the resulting effect was not pretty.
    sigpic
    2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
      As an example: I was affected by the alcohol I drank last night.....the resulting effect was not pretty.
      Interesting take on the subject.....given that you were "under the influence". But very well interpretated.

And further to.......alcohol affects your judgement, and the effect can best be determined early the next morning.....

Hope you feel ok now....might have to remind you of a thread of mine from a while back......not trying to be a smarty pants old dude

Goes like this......

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...light=weighing

Comment

Interesting take on the subject.....given that you were "under the influence". But very well interpretated.

And further to.......alcohol affects your judgement, and the effect can best be determined early the next morning.....

Hope you feel ok now....might have to remind you of a thread of mine from a while back......not trying to be a smarty pants old dude

Goes like this......

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...light=weighing
        Thank goodness for public transportation.....keeps the roads much safer, at least from my point of view.

I would also like to point out the need for a "moderation" thread....not by the MODS, of course, but a CanDB point of view thread.

EVERYTHING in moderation, whether it is food, drink, drugs, sex, work, exercise, Star Wars-watching and WoW playing, among others.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank goodness for public transportation.....keeps the roads much safer, at least from my point of view.

I would also like to point out the need for a "moderation" thread....not by the MODS, of course, but a CanDB point of view thread.

EVERYTHING in moderation, whether it is food, drink, drugs, sex, work, exercise, Star Wars-watching and WoW playing, among others.
          I may have a slightly more liberal interpretation of "moderation" than many others......

Comment

Does moderation mean.... do this stuff a lot :thumb: ?
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I may have a slightly more liberal interpretation of "moderation" than many others......
              Still waiting......

Oh, and this is for Jake... :thumb: :thumb:

The board limits the amount of smilies you can post.....ergo "moderation."
              sigpic

Comment

Moderation in regards to beer in a canadian bar simply means don't puke.

Comment

Plus it apparently turns me into a klepto.

Not quite sure how this ended up in my backpack wrapped in a black cloth napkin....

Thieving! people like you are the reason we are always short glassware for our pints!
                  haha

Comment

Still waiting......

Oh, and this is for Jake... :thumb: :thumb:

The board limits the amount of smilies you can post.....ergo "moderation."
                    Give me a little time to craft a moderation thread......if someone beats me to it, I'll still add my views.....*and the crowd begins to thin upon hearing that*

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      Moderation in regards to beer in a canadian bar simply means don't puke.
                      Try a bar in Texas. I've seen things in bars you can even imagine. Moderation here means don't get arrested and even people who should can still talk their way out of it while slurring.
                      sigpic
                      Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                      You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                      You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                      Have It All - Blu3
                      Conceited - Blu3
                      Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                      All On You - Blu3

Comment

The "blog" of "unnecessary" quotation marks

This seemed relevant. ahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          Speaking of unnecessary

sigpic