Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

Sorry, but Pueblo is pretty much my least favorite town in Colorado

Grand Junction is the other. Too bad I'm there fairly often as it's the closest "big" town to where I live.

Of course, we can all agree that Aurora is the worst in Colorado, amiright?
    Ouch.. but here's to hating Aurora only because Puebloans never get to hate on any other city...

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
      Ouch.. but here's to hating Aurora only because Puebloans never get to hate on any other city...

You can still hate on Greeley.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

I have family that lives in Castle Rock and it is a pretty decent little town. Nothing glamorous but a pretty good place to raise a family and its in decent reach of the city and mountains..

My family owned property there and had once planned on developing a home in Castle Pines, next to Castle Rock. The fact my parents were willing to move there and leave our well sized Southern California home 10 minutes from the beach has got to say something.. (and while my father is from Denver, my mother is definitely more of a California type woman)

Any Denver folks got opinions on Castle Rock/Pines? I haven't been in a few years..
        Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 07-13-2012, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
          I have family that lives in Castle Rock and it is a pretty decent little town. Nothing glamorous but a pretty good place to raise a family and its in decent reach of the city and mountains..

My family owned property there and had once planned on developing a home in Castle Pines, next to Castle Rock. The fact my parents were willing to move there and leave our well sized Southern California home 10 minutes from the beach has got to say something.. (and while my father is from Denver, my mother is definitely more of a California type woman)

Any Denver folks got opinions on Castle Rock/Pines? I haven't been in a few years..

I have only driven through Castle Rock on the way to Denver, haven't spent munch time there but I've always thought it looks like a nice town. Smaller town but very close to Denver, you can enjoy the big city but live in a quiter community.
          sigpic

Comment

Parts of Aurora really arent that bad. I live by Cherry Creek Res and its a decent part of town.
            Now, I think all Denverites can agree that we all hate BOULDER
            sigpic

Comment

I used to live in Last Chance years ago with my family, then moved back to Colorado 2 years ago. Did research and found most former Denverites encouraged moving to the south-western part of Denver. Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Centennial, parts of Englewood, Ken Caryl & Cherry Hills, like underrated29 said, are all nice places to live, Cherry Hills is expensive though, but you could live near Peyton Manning. BONUS!
              sigpic
              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by FLBroncFan View Post
                I used to live in Last Chance years ago with my family, then moved back to Colorado 2 years ago. Did research and found most former Denverites encouraged moving to the south-western part of Denver. Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Centennial, parts of Englewood, Ken Caryl & Cherry Hills, like underrated29 said, are all nice places to live, Cherry Hills is expensive though, but you could live near Peyton Manning. BONUS!
                There are places by Thomas Jefferson HS that are decent. Its right by Cherry Hills.
                sigpic

Comment

Yea castle rock is alright. Its growing a bunch now. The castle pines area is still really nice. Pricey too. Plain castle rock is not nearly as expensive. Was just up there this past weekend for a party.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by KatieElway7 View Post
                    haha, no I don't get offended that easy! I just always check these threads because someone always says something bad about Pueblo, it's actually really funny.

But for the record, it's not that bad!!
                    You're right. I always check these threads too, and you and Charlie are always here having to defend your turf.

As for the OP:

If you want to maximize the opportunity/outdoors/proximity to Denver then get out a map of CO and make a triangle (or semi-circle) connecting Ft. Collins, Colorado Springs & Glenwood Springs (including the Denver area) and try to live somewhere in there. The further you are from the Front Range the more outdoorsy options you'll have (or, at least, FAR fewer people doing the outdoorsy things that are being done in that location). But, you'll also be farther away from better jobs, more education options, and Mile High Stadium, of course. If the outdoor stuff is more important then the further west & southwest the better. As long as you stay within that triangle you'd only be a couple of hours or so away from Denver. If a good job/opportunity/education take priority then sticking around Denver would be a better choice. There are many areas in and around Denver that are nice, and even though you'd have to deal with more people you'll be a heck of a lot closer to the mountains of Colorado and all that they have to offer than you are in Alabama.

Good luck!
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                    X