Survivors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivors

This ones for all the "survivors". They are the people who stare down any of life's difficulties, and find the strength to look beyond......no matter the pain and regardless of the disappointment. These folks are true warriors, and find a way to weather any of life's storms. These are everyday people who do not appear to have any super strengths, or additional powers. In fact, most of them seem rather ordinary.....from the outside.

- Survivors look at illness as a passing matter, and fight the good fight for far too long
    - Survivors may struggle through tough economic times, but continue to search for their next opportunity
    - Survivors handle the pain of a close relationship lossed, but still somehow see a more hopeful tomorrow
    - Survivors understand the pain of others, and appreciate how to support them
    - Survivors know the meaning of fear, but that is the essence of their bravery

We are nothing more than humans. We have hopes and dreams. And yes, we have our flaws. And even the best of us will likely experience some not so happy days. But the beauty of survivors is their ability to cope and to manage, and even fight back when life is not so kind.......qualities that are so very endearing.

I believe good things will come to the survivors, even if the reward is too far away to recognize.

Here here.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      We are nothing more than humans. We have hopes and dreams. And yes, we have our flaws. And even the best of us will likely experience some not so happy days. But the beauty of survivors is their ability to cope and to manage, and even fight back when life is not so kind.......qualities that are so very endearing.

I believe good things will come to the survivors, even if the reward is too far away to recognize.
      I don't really have anything to add. This was just a very good message.
      Being strong enough to endure tough times is the most important kind of strength to have.

Life ain't easy, not for most of us.

sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Reminds me of what's happened in my life.I have been blessed with a lot in my life. When I was 1 year old I had to go to New York to get an open-heart surgery. If I had not had it I would not be here today, I would have died at age 18 the doctors told my parents.

My parents were fortunate enough to have health insurance, and fortunately the insurance companies paid for almost all of the surgery that would have normally cost thousands of dollars.

I had the surgery because of a disease that I had called VCFS. Luckily for me nobody would know it if they met me. The only minor things that I struggle with our knee-aches and some headaches because of it. But other than that life is great!

((Hehe, sorry if I ruined the purpose of the thread. Didn't mean to make it about me. ))
        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
          Reminds me of what's happened in my life.I have been blessed with a lot in my life. When I was 1 year old I had to go to New York to get an open-heart surgery. If I had not had it I would not be here today, I would have died at age 18 the doctors told my parents.

My parents were fortunate enough to have health insurance, and fortunately the insurance companies paid for almost all of the surgery that would have normally cost thousands of dollars.

I had the surgery because of a disease that I had called VCFS. Luckily for me nobody would know it if they met me. The only minor things that I struggle with our knee-aches and some headaches because of it. But other than that life is great!

((Hehe, sorry if I ruined the purpose of the thread. Didn't mean to make it about me. ))
          You are relating a story about "surviving".........it's cool.

Comment

To all survivors..
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I've survived much worse.

I salute all my friends, family, neighbors and all around great people who have survived illness, disease, famine, floods, fires, loss of loved ones, etc, etc.... be strong!
              sigpic
              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

This guy is a true survivor...

Double amputee Scott Rigsby competes in the Ironman Competition.
                sigpic
                2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

I like to think that everyone has the survivor "gene", of some sort.......and even though some appear to be more adaptive than others, I wonder if it's really that simple.....

Or do they feel the same fears/pain/disappointment as all the rest of us, and essentially are the same that way, BUT make the decision to fight long and hard, to win the war that they have been subjected to.

I don't ever believe it's cool or straightforward or obvious, when handling such difficult things. And yes, there are varying degrees. Most of us do ok with the lesser version (of seriousness), but even so, many will complain about smallish interruptions to their everyday lives. Makes one wonder how you can get upset over a cup of coffee that is not hot enough, or get a little weird because our newspaper arrives a bit late one day. Things may be getting a little too easy if that's the case.

Clearly, sometimes my life must be too easy at times.
                  Last edited by CanDB; 07-15-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I'm black irish, and as it's been known it's in our nature to be survivors. I've been through some serious crap and even had one of my closest friends say "I could've never gone through what you have.". I sure as hell may not be the best person I could be but I sure as hell can make it through anything this life may bring and find a way to enjoy myself. That's an excellent post, Can. That's also something that I've thought about for several years strictly because how many friends of mine have told me they don't have the strength.
                    sigpic
                    Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                    Have It All - Blu3
                    Conceited - Blu3
                    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                    All On You - Blu3

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post
                      I'm black irish, and as it's been known it's in our nature to be survivors. I've been through some serious crap and even had one of my closest friends say "I could've never gone through what you have.". I sure as hell may not be the best person I could be but I sure as hell can make it through anything this life may bring and find a way to enjoy myself. That's an excellent post, Can. That's also something that I've thought about for several years strictly because how many friends of mine have told me they don't have the strength.
                      When one goes to fight "life's battles", they look for folks like you......

Comment

Working...
                      X