Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moderation

    (Inspired By FLBroncFan)

    It is often said........"do it in moderation". And to be honest, someone needs to say it "in moderation". It was such a smart concept, when it sprung to life. Makes total sense.....live within the limits, and all will be fine. Have that 1.3 drinks (or so...just as an example) per day, or 1.9 cups of coffee, or......you know what I mean. Follow the plan. Make it a "golden rule", in the game of living.

    But at some point, I get a little bored with the obvious. And it's not that I don't understand or even believe in the principle.....but when things become repetitive statements, I start to wonder if folks are just saying those things to sound wise....and I further wonder if they are really practicing what they preach.

    In fact, based on how smart everyone seems to be, there must surely be little to concern ourselves with, as in excessive drinking, obesity, debt, even driving fast on freeways. But the problem is that many of us do not follow the rules we freely communicate to others. We learn the lingo, but we don't always get the basics. We say the right things.

    Conversely, there are many of us who get the message, and live it. We may not even be the ones to say it. In fact, we don't need rules of this nature, because we live. We do not have to confine ourselves to "ranges". Why? Because fortunately or planned, we just live.

    It is sad and true however, that a lot of people suffer because of issues they have, or problems they can not resolve. I can only hope that they gain the strength to find that so called moderation in the way they experience life. I really (sincerely) hope that they can find the judgement and wherewithal to know when "excessiveness" is tolerable. For example, it's okay to get a bit of a buzz going from time to time, if you are of proper age, and know when, where and how....and in so doing, you do not hurt anyone else in the process. (Note: I am not promoting excessive boozing here, but I think you know what I am getting at....keeping a fun mood going, while having a great time with others is quite normal, and in the big picture (and yes, if not too frequently), pretty much harmless. Sure beats moderate unhappiness.)

    And if I could offer......if there's one thing I really hope, it's that we all find unlimited and extremely excessive happiness.....and goodwill, and support for others. EXTREME!!!

    (And I do mean this.....if you are a good soul, and need to measure your style of life, and feel strongly that the moderate way of life works for you......please continue....as they say, "if it makes you happy".):thumb:

  • #2
    I do everything in moderation, including moderation.
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #3
      TO: FLBroncFan

      Hope I passed the test.....needed a few minutes to whip something up. On another day, I might have written it from a slightly different perspective.....but it does include my basic feelings. AND YES.....moderation has a place in most things we do. But "excess" works in some.....you be the judge of what.
      Last edited by CanDB; 07-15-2012, 02:51 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        If you're going to do something you might as well do it right.

        Go big or go home.

        Moderation is a tool to be used at times and forgotten at others.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

        Comment


        • #5
          All things in moderation leads to a well-balanced life. If that's not what you want, then that's aight.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            If you're going to do something you might as well do it right.

            Go big or go home.

            Moderation is a tool to be used at times and forgotten at others.
            If I moderate all my drinks to doubles or less... does that count... ;P

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Remedy View Post
              If I moderate all my drinks to doubles or less... does that count... ;P
              Good enough for me, sir.

              Haha
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                Good enough for me, sir.

                Haha
                Sunday Funday as they say...
                Follow by might as well monday...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                  Sunday Funday as they say...
                  Follow by might as well monday...
                  Followed by what hell tuesday and everyone else is doing it wednesday
                  sigpic

                  Hooray, beer!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    Followed by what hell tuesday and everyone else is doing it wednesday
                    Tuesday is a day of rest obviously.. o_O who drinks on a tuesday .... errr...
                    "why not wednesdays"
                    "thirsty thursdays"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      Tuesday is a day of rest obviously.. o_O who drinks on a tuesday .... errr...
                      "why not wednesdays"
                      "thirsty thursdays"
                      I guess i'll drink on Tuesdays in

                      *puts sunglasses on*


                      moderation




                      YYYYYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
                      sigpic

                      Hooray, beer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So what you're saying is you "moderate" the number of days you don't drink.. instead of the number you do drink. lol.
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          So what you're saying is you "moderate" the number of days you don't drink.. instead of the number you do drink. lol.
                          Plus I only moderately drink on the job!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            somehow someway I thought this may end up as a drinking thread.........all you need around here is to start a thread......any topic leads to the bar!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              TO: FLBroncFan

                              Hope I passed the test.....needed a few minutes to whip something up. On another day, I might have written it from a slightly different perspective.....but it does include my basic feelings. AND YES.....moderation has a place in most things we do. But "excess" works in some.....you be the judge of what.

                              My dearest CanDB.... you have once again outdone yourself!! :clap:
                              sigpic
                              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X