All Our Experiences / Skills Prepare Us For Our Next Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Our Experiences / Skills Prepare Us For Our Next Moment

At times I do not appreciate advances made in my life. I mean, once you experience things, or get taught how to perform them, or finally put things together in terms of cause and effect......it doesn't seem that special what we can do today, that we couldn't do, not that long ago. BUT there is definitely a change, and though we don't see it or feel it necessarily, we are better for it. And how we handle something in our very near future will be handled better than anytime in our past.....typically. There are reasons why it won't, when we become restricted in certain ways.....clearly one can not throw a ball very hard with a broken arm for example. And of course we will decline as we pass the peak period of our lives, but in some cases, the decline will be much later.

But overall, if we observe and learn and assess and mature.......we will usually make that next moment a better moment. Had we come to the same place, say 5 years ago, we may not have made as good a decision as we will make today. How we deal with our next moment is reflection of all that we have amassed in our lives.

In some ways that is a bit concerning, if you are a perfectionist, or self conscious, given that you may not excel at too many things when you are younger. I wouldn't worry too much about that however, because folks with decent common sense usually do well with the way they cope, even without a lot of prior experience.

I will add that there is one significant factor involved, that may alter outcomes........the current environment that we are subjected to. Think of the Olympics in this case. There are so many personal bests, even though these athletes have had plenty of opportunities prior to, to do their best. But it's the energy and focus and competition and so on, that cause participants to exceed their best. It's everything they brought with them, plus the special envigorated environment that can add a "little more" to their game. This holds true for most situations.....when we have a bit more adrenaline or focus or a combination of multiple positive effects that all come together at the next moment.

And sure, there are other things to consider, some that don't fit this theory. Some will tell you that their golf game is getting worse, even though they play more than ever. I get that. I believe that's a lot to do with needing a "refresher" (maybe lessons), because folks slip into bad habits, and sometimes over-analyze what is causing their problems. It's mostly mental, and mental has a huge role in all of this.

Generally however, it is a very exciting thing, to me anyway, that even though we do not realize what is happening, that we continue to deal with things smarter, more effectively and more efficiently (if we so choose), each moment going forward. And as we go, we fine tune even the things we do best or the process by which we make decisions. We are the finest computer.......the human mind is an amazing resource!

So go ahead....soak it all in / keep searching / listen / try things...all of it will get absorbed, and the results may be surprisingly good!

So are you saying to try something out of the ordinary?
    Or continue to fine tune what youve been doing?
    Or both?
    Anyways, good to see ya around Can!
    sigpic

Comment

Basically just giving the thumbs up to all to feel good that each day going forward their decision-making and basic action/reaction mechanisms are likely to be sharper and better prepared for every future moment.......other than for those unfortunate setbacks that alter our minds and bodies (ie. injury/old age).

It's the reason we should try out things, and expand upon our current skillbase and natural development. It's the reason that it's okay to make well-intentioned mistakes, given that we typically learn from them. It's the reason we should not be too hard on ourselves when looking back, again if well-intentioned, even if we messed up a little due to inexperience and so on. It's the reason we should be more and more confident in ourselves, knowing that we are getting better by the minute.

It's also why we should trust in our inner self / computer, for being so adaptive and intelligent.

:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        But overall, if we observe and learn and assess and mature.......we will usually make that next moment a better moment. Had we come to the same place, say 5 years ago, we may not have made as good a decision as we will make today. How we deal with our next moment is reflection of all that we have amassed in our lives.
        This kinda sentiment is what keeps me going, most days.
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
          This kinda sentiment is what keeps me going, most days.
          You come across that way.......:thumb:

hey....congrats.....just noticed you hit 4,000 posts! Keep 'em coming!!!

Comment

Play Fair In Life....It's The Ultimate Game

I find it interesting that many of us can point out what's wrong with the planet, and yet we take advantage of things that we don't deserve, or we take more than we deserve......just because it worked out for us.

Believe me, I'm not leaving myself out of the discussion.

But as I mature (sort of), I see how irresponsible it is to actually believe that winning unfairly (in any endeavour) is cool. In fact I would say it is more like losing.

Isn't winning in life more about learning and building and supporting and having positive interaction with others, than "apparently" beating or getting ahead of someone / some group. I just don't see "winning" and "playing unfairly" on the same page any more.......
            Last edited by CanDB; 08-16-2012, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Good stuff.
              Ive come to realize this as well.
              Kinda like what feels better, going out to eat, or staying home and making your own delicious creation in your own kitchen. (ok i like to go out to eat sometimes too!)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                Good stuff.
                Ive come to realize this as well.
                Kinda like what feels better, going out to eat, or staying home and making your own delicious creation in your own kitchen. (ok i like to go out to eat sometimes too!)
                Dang you......now I'm hungry!

That was "unfair" of you to make me feel this way!!

Comment

Always enjoy reading your threads CanDB, always very well written and insightful
                  Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
                    Always enjoy reading your threads CanDB, always very well written and insightful
                    Thx EB........after reading your post I had a quick re-read of my thread, and as usual, found a typo. Thanks for waking me up!!!!
                    :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                    X