Neil Armstrong dead at 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post

Great job NBC, famous singer / songwriter Neil Young dies at age......wait a second.....
    Oh my. Hopefully someone has been fired!
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

His personal service will be this week on the day of the last Blue Moon until 2015. His family is asking for everyone to look up at that moon and wink at it and him.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I wonder if his family is getting him cremated. If so I think it'd be a great way to honor him by sending some of his ashes to the moon on the next moon mission.(Rather that be sending a rover, or sending man.)
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          I wonder if his family is getting him cremated. If so I think it'd be a great way to honor him by sending some of his ashes to the moon on the next moon mission.(Rather that be sending a rover, or sending man.)
          That actually would be awesome for NASA to do.
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

The true great thing about Neil Armstrong.....other than the obvious bravery it must take to go where no man has gone before.....and not freak out in a claustrophobic melt down like I would....is the fact he was turned off by the fame. He didnt consider himself a hero. He had said that a lot and at some point he just stopped going to autograph sessions.

He could have made big big money doing autograph signings but he was just turned off by it.

IMO, when a person of this stature, and a person that accomplished what he accomplished on behalf of all of man kind, and to be humble about....is just a beautiful thing.

BTW, didnt he truly have the trump card of stories to tell over everyone? (Those who like the comedian Brian Regan)

The astronauts who have walked on the moon, have the ultimate story to tell that trumps everyone's story.

BTW, another interesting little fact that happened. Neil Armstrong was buried on the day of a blue moon. A blue moon, only occurs once every 3 years or so. So it is fairly rare to see in the sky.

Comment

What is a blue moon? Well, technically, the moon doesnt appear blue.

Comment

Working...
              X