Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowderAddict
    replied
    I finally bought a flat screen this year. Got a 42" from Walmart for just over $400.

Not the latest and greatest, but it's a definate upgrade over what I had. So far I've enjoyed it.

It was the first TV I've ever spent money on, all the rest have been hand me downs

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    You can find decent ones for $100. My brother got his 40+ for $300 or so. Mine last 8+ years

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    I was recently considering a projector that way you can have HUGE screen or small or whatever

I learned some downsides though

some are loud
    the lamp needs changed periodically
    they're not cheap either

While researching TV's I was lost trying to absorb all the new features and what been obsolete or going to be in the next year or 2

3D is going to be the next standard - but I'm sure that will go through 3-4 major changes

bahhhhh
    My projector was cheap as far as projectors go, quiet, and we never had a problem with the lamp in two and a half years.

It just didnt fit in our new house. If you can afford one, they definitely aren't bad.

The biggest downside was how long it took to wire our basement with surround sound, and all the things needed with a projector, but I'm sure wireless options are better now.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    I can't afford a big screen TV.
    I just recently purchased one because my other t.v. died on me. I have 4 tv's and 3 of them still have the big backs on them. I didn't have any problems with them before the flat screens came out, and I don't have any problems now.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    I'm pretty sure I was Rosie O'Donald's great grandmother in my past life.

And a squirrel.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    I was recently considering a projector that way you can have HUGE screen or small or whatever

some are loud
    they're not cheap either

While researching TV's I was lost trying to absorb all the new features and what been obsolete or going to be in the next year or 2

3D is going to be the next standard - but I'm sure that will go through 3-4 major changes

bahhhhh
    One thing you'll learn with technology... There never is a "right" time to buy... It's constantly changing.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied

some are loud
    they're not cheap either

bahhhhh

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    Sorry hear that man.

It's best to save money anyway though, no use spending or throwing it away.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Now they're relatively cheap, only around $300 or so. When I bought mine, I had money to spend. Now I don't

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied

Leave a comment:

• I Must Have Been A Serial Killer In A Previous Life

The only thing that I get the teensiest bit of joy from, my beautiful big-screen TV died today. Like I didn't have enough wrong in my life
Working...
X