Taking My SATs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking My SATs

Never took it in high school, didnt really need it.
    So I decided I am going to take them. Anyone know of any good prep tests/software/books to help me? Any tips or anything?
    sigpic

Remember they deduct for wrong answers, but dont for omitted questions. Also the whole test can be done without a calculator so dont overthink it. Budget your time, dont waste time on a problem just skip it, go through all the easy ones the do the hard ones.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      Remember they deduct for wrong answers, but dont for omitted questions. Also the whole test can be done without a calculator so dont overthink it. Budget your time, dont waste time on a problem just skip it, go through all the easy ones the do the hard ones.
      Thank you thank you!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
        Never took it in high school, didnt really need it.
        So I decided I am going to take them. Anyone know of any good prep tests/software/books to help me? Any tips or anything?
        Study Latin. :thumb:
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Good luck
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I have a month. Ill probably head over to Barnes and Noble to get a prep book or something
            sigpic

Comment

I have a month. Ill probably head over to Barnes and Noble to get a prep book or something
              That'll work. Good luck, and I think you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                That'll work. Good luck, and I think you'll do fine.
                Back in HS I went and took a GED test my senior year because it counted towards my credits so I wouldnt have to take very many classes. I got 100 percent on every section without studying lol. So I know if I study on this I can get a pretty high score
                sigpic

Comment

Back in HS I went and took a GED test my senior year because it counted towards my credits so I wouldnt have to take very many classes. I got 100 percent on every section without studying lol. So I know if I study on this I can get a pretty high score
                  I have a foster daughter who graduated from law school and decided not to pay the big $$ for the bar exam course. She just got a generic prep manual like the one you will have for the SAT. She passed the bar exam on her first try. I'm sure you will do fine. It's in two parts still, isn't it? Verbal and non-verbal? That's why I made the crack about Latin. It strengthens one's verbal skills. The non-verbal is math.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                    I have a foster daughter who graduated from law school and decided not to pay the big $$ for the bar exam course. She just got a generic prep manual like the one you will have for the SAT. She passed the bar exam on her first try. I'm sure you will do fine. It's in two parts still, isn't it? Verbal and non-verbal? That's why I made the crack about Latin. It strengthens one's verbal skills. The non-verbal is math.
                    3 sections now. Critical Reading, Math, and Writing.
                    Highest possible score of 2400
                    sigpic

Comment

I remember how much Latin helped in preparing the GRE for grad school.

Sounds like you have a good plan, get a prep book and don't cram. Study in 30-45 minute blocks.
                      sigpic
                      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

My advice, party your ass off the night before and stay out late! No seriously, that's what I did before my PSAT and I got a higher score than I did when I took the actual SAT (when I went to bed nice and early and had a healthy breakfast).

On another note, make sure you have a good breakfast with protein...it helps you think and the last thing you want is to be dealing with hunger while trying to think.

GOOD LUCK!
                        My other love...
                        sigpic
                        305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post
                          My advice, party your ass off the night before and stay out late! No seriously, that's what I did before my PSAT and I got a higher score than I did when I took the actual SAT (when I went to bed nice and early and had a healthy breakfast).

On another note, make sure you have a good breakfast with protein...it helps you think and the last thing you want is to be dealing with hunger while trying to think.

GOOD LUCK!
                          ha, yeah I wouldve maybe been able to do that years ago when I never got hang overs and could run on 2 hours sleep. NOT ANYMORE though
                          sigpic

Comment

I bought a prep book. 800 pages long. I better get on it!!!
                            Ive gotten to page 75 today, wow I sure am rusty lol. Took my first practice test in critical reading and got a 9/15. Most of the ones I got wrong I had eliminated 3 out of the 5 answers, I just chose the wrong one out of my 2 remaining.
                            sigpic

Comment

ha, yeah I wouldve maybe been able to do that years ago when I never got hang overs and could run on 2 hours sleep. NOT ANYMORE though
                              I'm right there with you man. At my old age (only 32, haha), 1 night of heavy drinking is followed by 1 day of pain, and another day of "getting back to normal."
                              My other love...
                              sigpic
                              305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X