Taking My SATs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post
    I'm right there with you man. At my old age (only 32, haha), 1 night of heavy drinking is followed by 1 day of pain, and another day of "getting back to normal."
    Well you got 10 on me so I can only imagine!!!!

Im pretty much the same way now.
    Whenever I drink I always end up drinking way too much, and really end up feeling it the next day
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      Well you got 10 on me so I can only imagine!!!!

Im pretty much the same way now.
      Whenever I drink I always end up drinking way too much, and really end up feeling it the next day
      Be an Epicurean. Experience pleasure by avoiding pain.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Be an Epicurean. Experience pleasure by avoiding pain.
        I had to look that up. But yes, I shall become an Epicurean. AFTER my birthday.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Remember they deduct for wrong answers, but dont for omitted questions. Also the whole test can be done without a calculator so dont overthink it. Budget your time, dont waste time on a problem just skip it, go through all the easy ones the do the hard ones.
          Are you sure that's right? I thought it was correct answers are all that matter, so that you should be sure and fill in an answer for every question?

No? So do they reduce less for a wrong answer, so that it's advantageous to guess if you can eliminate one or more choices?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
            Are you sure that's right? I thought it was correct answers are all that matter, so that you should be sure and fill in an answer for every question?

No? So do they reduce less for a wrong answer, so that it's advantageous to guess if you can eliminate one or more choices?
            You dont get marked for questions you dont answer. However, they deduct 1/4 of a point for every wrong answer.
            sigpic

Comment

What ^^^ said.

Back to the drinking and hangover topic, haha. The best advice I've ever received, and it was from my doctor, was to take a B complex vitamin with a full (large) glass of water right before bed after a long night of drinking and you'll feel like a champ the next day. I have to admit, it works like a charm! The hard part is remembering to do it though before passing out.
              My other love...
              sigpic
              305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

What ^^^ said.

Back to the drinking and hangover topic, haha. The best advice I've ever received, and it was from my doctor, was to take a B complex vitamin with a full (large) glass of water right before bed after a long night of drinking and you'll feel like a champ the next day. I have to admit, it works like a charm! The hard part is remembering to do it though before passing out.
                I shall test that out for myself sir
                sigpic

Comment

God, I hate SAT's. I dont have much info to help. I wish you best of luck though.

Let me know how it turns out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                    God, I hate SAT's. I dont have much info to help. I wish you best of luck though.

Let me know how it turns out.
                    Ive been studying my prep book. Took my first practice test yesterday and got a 9/15. First quiz Ive taken in a while ..I definitely need to sharpen my skills
                    sigpic

Comment

I took the ACT's like 3-4 years out of highschool. I didn't study.. And I keeled it. But IDK I really liked the ACT's.
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Make sure you keep track of the time for parts of the test.

The written exam I royally screwed because I didn't use up my time wisely and ended up only writing half the stuff I wanted too.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          I took the ACT's like 3-4 years out of highschool. I didn't study.. And I keeled it. But IDK I really liked the ACT's.
                          I might end up taking the ACTs as well.

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                          Make sure you keep track of the time for parts of the test.

The written exam I royally screwed because I didn't use up my time wisely and ended up only writing half the stuff I wanted too.
                          Thanks, good advice!
                          sigpic

Comment

What ^^^ said.

Also, I hope that helps with the headaches. Because Ive been getting some raging headaches after drinking lately.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X