Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Just Figured Out How To Save Tons Of Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we just got DVR a few months back and i even if i record shows i usually forget to FF the commercials anyways

good thing i dont watch other than less than a handful of shows and NFL Redzone (no commercials EVER!)
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Have you noticed yet how most hour-long shows will go about 10-12 minutes in the beginning before the first commercial break, then near the end of the show there will be a 3-4 minute segment of the show sandwiched between commercials. They love to draw you in near the beginning and force you to endure way too many commercials near the end...because they can.
      My other love...
      sigpic
      305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post
        Have you noticed yet how most hour-long shows will go about 10-12 minutes in the beginning before the first commercial break, then near the end of the show there will be a 3-4 minute segment of the show sandwiched between commercials. They love to draw you in near the beginning and force you to endure way too many commercials near the end...because they can.
        I hate that. Gets so annoying. Thats why I love netflix. I just wish they would get new episodes quicker
        sigpic

Comment

Oh and btw, I just figured out how to save tons of money on my car insurance.
          sigpic

Comment

The ONLY thing I watch live anymore is football. Been that way for several years. We so rarely see commercials anymore that when we do catch one we're mesmerized by them. They're an amusing novelty to us now.

Watching a recorded game is great with the DVR too. (Well, it used to be. It doesn't work so well with our quick fire Manning-led Broncos and other teams that do the hurry up.) If you have the 30 second fast forward button you can watch a play, hit the FF, and the team is usually lining up for the next play. :thumb:

Yes, the DVR is a major time saver!
            Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
              The ONLY thing I watch live anymore is football. Been that way for several years. We so rarely see commercials anymore that when we do catch one we're mesmerized by them. They're an amusing novelty to us now.

Watching a recorded game is great with the DVR too. (Well, it used to be. It doesn't work so well with our quick fire Manning-led Broncos and other teams that do the hurry up.) If you have the 30 second fast forward button you can watch a play, hit the FF, and the team is usually lining up for the next play. :thumb:

Yes, the DVR is a major time saver!
              Yah.....the no huddle is as good as fast forwarding. I'll be honest, I watched a recorded game, not with The Broncos, and after watching it in fast time, it was hard to watch a regular game between two teams I wasn't big on, cause it seemed to drag on for too long.

Of oourse, when The Broncos are playing I want to soak up all the commentary and build in my enthusiasm. At times this can lead to some anxiety issues (that's when I pace the room), but it's all part of the fan thing. Not sure how good that is on the old ticker, when you feel your heart pounding like a rock drummer!!

Comment

I save time by not finishing my

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  Personal?

It's a pretty popular saying, I mean it's 3rd on this list, behind 2 very common sayings.

PVR may refer to:

Peak Vehicle Requirement, the number of public transport vehicles required to operate the highest frequency service on a route

Penn Virginia Resources, a mining company

Personal video recorder, also known as a digital video recorder

Plant Variety Rights, a patented cultivar

CD155, the Poliovirus Receptor that facilitates poliovirus infection

Pulmonary vascular resistance, also called pulmonal vascular resistance

PVR Cinemas, a chain of cinemas in India

Lic. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (IATA airport code: PVR), in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico

Post Void Residual, residual urine in the bladder after micturation

PowerVR, a division of Imagination Technologies which develops rendering technology

Proliferative vitreoretinopathy
                  sigpic

Comment

^^^ And, of course... Philip "Vajayjay" Rivers.
                    Winter is Coming!

Comment

Hey folks, it's working. I recorded a lot of shows, and after catching up on all of them, for me it's Friday, but I believe it is Saturday evening for most of you!

Comment

Working...
                      X