Getting out of bed on cold mornings is so much harder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting out of bed on cold mornings is so much harder

There is just something that makes getting out of a warm cozy bed when you know it's freezing outside. Is it just me or does it seem so much more difficult crawling out of bed when it's cold compared to summertime?

I just fought with myself to try to pry myself out of the bed for at least an hour or more this morning. For the record i hate mornings anyway.
    sigpic

Especially when you've had two knee surgeries.
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm a night owl, so I have trouble going to bed and in the morning I have trouble getting out. The cold is an extra incentive to stay nice and cozy.
      Administrator
      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Yeah I sometimes have the same problem. Out here in Montana, it gets extremely cold in the winters. So, I'm less motivated to get out of bed.
        sigpic

Comment

One of the hardest challenges in life is getting up early in the morning, getting a shower and then going to work. The amount of times I've almost been late for work because not only did I not want to get out of my warm bed, after that I couldn't physically get out of the shower because of how cold the air was.
          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Having lived many, many winters up here in the great white north, and getting up to go to school / work when it's ridiculously cold and windy, and the streets are full of snow and icy, and knowing it's going to be a rough day at school / work, and that you have something you have to do in the evening, and if you have kids, you need to make proper time for them, and if you are under the weather at the same time.......

Sure, I'll stay in that warm bed.....

(I think there's a feeling out there that people who live in this type of climate are ok with it. Why do you think many of us travel south in the winter!!!)

Comment

It's weird because I absolutely cannot fall asleep if I'm too warm at night so I open the window up a little bit.

Then it gets freezing cold in my room by the time morning comes and I absolutely cannot get out of bed because it's so damn cold and the bed is so warm.

Comment

Even in Florida I experience this at times. Fortunately it's only a handful of mornings each year but it is definitely harder to get out of bed on those mornings. This is coming from the epitomy of a morning person too. I can practically do a backflip out of bed on most mornings. Currently, I get up at 5 am Mon / Wed / Fri so I can go to the gym (6 am on Tue / Thu). If the alarm actually wakes me up (9 times out of 10 I'm awake shortly before it goes off), I don't snooze and get out of bed within a minute. I'm very fortunate...if only my wife was the same
                My other love...
                sigpic
                305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Mornings are terrible
                  the cold is terrible.

neither of those things should exist. that is all.

Comment

Try getting up on a cold morning, when you have no where to go and nothing to do
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I get up at 530AM here in Wisconsin. Have to be at the hospital for work by 630AM. It sucks this time of year, and is just going to get worse.

And to top it off; working 12hr shifts during the fall-winter is almost depressing.

Go in when it's dark and cold out, come out when it's dark and cold out.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        Try getting up on a cold morning, when you have no where to go and nothing to do
                        sounds like a perfect reason to not get up
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                          I get up at 530AM here in Wisconsin. Have to be at the hospital for work by 630AM. It sucks this time of year, and is just going to get worse.

And to top it off; working 12hr shifts during the fall-winter is almost depressing.

well in fairness here in IL even working an 8hr shift it will be dark out when i go in and dark out when i leave soon enough, i barely have time to get a run in before its dark out
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                            well in fairness here in IL even working an 8hr shift it will be dark out when i go in and dark out when i leave soon enough, i barely have time to get a run in before its dark out
                            Yeah it's pretty annoying. Oh well. Guess that's what we get for living where we live.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

I know exactly how it is, especially here in Alaska, 9 months of winter means 9 months of freezing cold and roughly 18 hours of darkness a day. Summers are great when we have the exact opposite, but they are far to short. My dad works up on the North Slope in Prudhoe Bay for a month at a time, the sun doesn't rise at all during the winter months, and the temperatures rarely get above 0. So I guess I can't complain too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X