Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    sounds like a perfect reason to not get up
    If I don't my body suffers, and my depression worsens (if that's possible)
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
      I know exactly how it is, especially here in Alaska, 9 months of winter means 9 months of freezing cold and roughly 18 hours of darkness a day. Summers are great when we have the exact opposite, but they are far to short. My dad works up on the North Slope in Prudhoe Bay for a month at a time, the sun doesn't rise at all during the winter months, and the temperatures rarely get above 0. So I guess I can't complain too much.
      a man who understands my issues and possibly has it worse. us poor people in the north regions. haha

Comment

I know exactly how it is, especially here in Alaska, 9 months of winter means 9 months of freezing cold and roughly 18 hours of darkness a day. Summers are great when we have the exact opposite, but they are far to short. My dad works up on the North Slope in Prudhoe Bay for a month at a time, the sun doesn't rise at all during the winter months, and the temperatures rarely get above 0. So I guess I can't complain too much.
        If I may ask, why do you live in Alaska?
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
          a man who understands my issues and possibly has it worse. us poor people in the north regions. haha
          Hear, hear! North of England gets pretty darn cold this time of year, especially when your dog is pining to go outside and you're barely dressed, couldn't wait to get back into bed and literally smother myself with the covers, the joys of working the late shift!
          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

shower + coffee + hot breakfast + warm clothing = success in coping with it :thumb:

Plus, for me, having time to do it in a deliberate way without rushing was essential.

I say was because I'm retired now.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
              If I may ask, why do you live in Alaska?
              Born and raised here, and I love it. I'm in Anchorage, so in the summer it's perfect, sunny and high 60's, low 70's, and in the winter it usually stays above 0, so it's not too bad. I can't stand hot weather and I love the snow, I would much rather deal with 0 degree weather than 90+ degree weather.

Comment

Born and raised here, and I love it. I'm in Anchorage, so in the summer it's perfect, sunny and high 60's, low 70's, and in the winter it usually stays above 0, so it's not too bad. I can't stand hot weather and I love the snow, I would much rather deal with 0 degree weather than 90+ degree weather.
                what I would do for it never to get that cold... living on the praries we don't get the amount of snow you do.. but oh goodness does it get cold.

Comment

I'm the same. All summer the only words you will get out of me are "I can't wait until it's freezing cold". 2 reasons:

a) I find it much easier to wrap up warm than I do to cool down, especially at night when I'm trying to sleep, can't sleep if it's too hot.
                  b) I'm asthmatic, so contrary to what a lot of people think I suffer a lot more in the heat than I do in the cold.
                  Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

what I would do for it never to get that cold... living on the praries we don't get the amount of snow you do.. but oh goodness does it get cold.
                    That's another reason I love the snow, because almost 90 percent of the time if it's snowing the temperature is above 20, if it's clear sky's in the middle of winter, you should probably just stay inside. Last winter we got over 133 inches of snow, so it was a pretty "warm" winter.

Comment

That's another reason I love the snow, because almost 90 percent of the time if it's snowing the temperature is above 20, if it's clear sky's in the middle of winter, you should probably just stay inside. Last winter we got over 133 inches of snow, so it was a pretty "warm" winter.
                      yeah the benefit of living near the water... it gets so dry and so cold. sigh. haha just thinking about it makes me dread winter.

winters coming....

Comment

I don't have a problem waking up when it's freezing but it always gets to me when I get out of the shower. I shower before I go to be too, just habit and I probably don't need to in the morning but I do anyway and I just want to stand in there for an hour lol.
                        :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah the benefit of living near the water... it gets so dry and so cold. sigh. haha just thinking about it makes me dread winter.

winters coming....
                          Winter is already here for me, I've been plugging in my truck and starting it 30 minutes before I leave now for about 3 weeks, we had our first snow fall on the 29th of September, and it's snowed a couple times since then. Temperatures have been dropping into the teens at night and daily temperatures have been in the 30's.

Comment

Winter is already here for me, I've been plugging in my truck and starting it 30 minutes before I leave now for about 3 weeks, we had our first snow fall on the 29th of September, and it's snowed a couple times since then. Temperatures have been dropping into the teens at night and daily temperatures have been in the 30's.
                            havn't had to plug in my truck yet... but soon... sigh. we had some snow already but it didnt stick around. though it's usually around halloween when we get our first real big snow fall.. that likes to stick around

Comment

havn't had to plug in my truck yet... but soon... sigh. we had some snow already but it didnt stick around. though it's usually around halloween when we get our first real big snow fall.. that likes to stick around
                              Same here, it's snowed a few times, and there is just a small dusting on the ground here and there, but it's creeping down the mountains pretty quickly. We normally get our first actual snow fall around Halloween as well. Growing up we always hoped it would snow after Halloween, but of course it always seemed like we got our first big snow fall on the 31st, which is no fun. We always had to buy our costumes a size too big so we could fit them over our snowsuits.

Comment

Working...
                              X