Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    AW4M is right on with his comment.

I have done a lot of HR work, and even though folks are looking for someone who meets all the primary qualifications, it doesn't rule out those who are in the workplace, and have experience and a good background, which gives you an edge to some degree......because they know what they're getting and will overlook certain requirements if they see this as an opportunity for them as well.

Sure, if you got the job they might request you to further your education, but sometimes they will actually pay for it as well!

Here's my advice.....go for it and go for it with gusto. Be prepared if they plan to interview you. Don't let this opportunity go by without a decent fight, and I mean that in a good sense. Make them know you really want this job, that you are aware of any shortcomings you may have (per what you mentioned already....nothing more!!!), but that you will do whatever you must to make up for it.

Study that posting, and make sure you can respond to every qualification otherwise.

Sharpen up on what you bring to the job, including why you are an excellent candidate for the job.

Be confident.

Be able to talk about your background, your skills, your accomplishments, your competencies (typically they include some or all of the following - leadership, teamwork, initiative, communication, planning & organizing, analytical, problem solving, work ethic).

If you wish, feel free to pm me, if you need more, or when you get an interview. I may not offer much more than you know already, but I can try.

:thumb:
    Excellent advice, thanks Can! I'll probably take you up on your offer and PM you for some additional info. I didn't know you did some HR work!?

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      Excellent advice, thanks Can! I'll probably take you up on your offer and PM you for some additional info. I didn't know you did some HR work!?
      Yes, I said HR......

House Repairs!!!

(my wife wishes I did!!!)

Seriously.....I look forward to any questions you may have.

Comment

Working...
      X