I (Kinda) Love November!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I (Kinda) Love November!

Hey, it's not my favourite month, but it's definitely not my least fav (check back in January or February when we hit a cold streak!!!).

Where we are, November can still be reasonable weather-wise, although it's usually the first real month of snow. But it's pretty mild considering what may come. And for those who love the outdoors, it's a pretty special time of the year to catch some real fresh air, and still not have to over-dress. Nothing like a nice walk on a crisp November night.

But hey, as the month progresses, we really start thinking Christmas, and gatherings, and hopefully visits from those far away. The month is full of plans and good thoughts. It may even include planning that winter trip to a southern clime, which I find really energizing......in fact, I just love looking at the travel books, and seeing all those pictures of blue sky and equally blue water!

I am a little disappointed that there's no hockey yet (and "yet" may seem too hopeful at this stage!!), but again, the NFL keeps me busy enough, along with a few other sports of course. As for hockey, November could be a great month, because an agreement pretty much has to be reached in the next 30 days or so, or it just won't happen. I'm still optimistic.....to some degree.

I hope November is a fast recovery month for all those impacted by that ferocious storm. Sometimes good things happen after these terrible events. Re-building and coming together has so much positivity. Having said that, I hope that all health related issues are taken care of.....I feel for anyone wh was impacted in that way. Health is sometimes the only thing that matters.

Oh yes, we Canadians and probably our buds around the globe, look forward to celebrating the American Thanksgiving.....turkey and pumpkin pie for all!!! (or whatever you prefer)

Have a great month everyone!!!

:thumb:

I love November

I don't have to shave (not that I do anyway)
    I get to wear hoodies
    I get to eat all things pumpkin
    I get to drink winter seasonal beers
    Football is in full swing
    Hockey has just kicked off...OH WAIT

Yeah, that's the only bummer about November for me this year.

OH, and the NBA started! WOOHOO!
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I don't mind November once Bonfire night has came and went, fireworks terrify me and a lot of people around where I live enjoy setting them off. Once that's gone though I like it!
      Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        I love November

I don't have to shave (not that I do anyway)
        I get to wear hoodies
        I get to eat all things pumpkin
        I get to drink winter seasonal beers
        Football is in full swing
        Hockey has just kicked off...OH WAIT

Yeah, that's the only bummer about November for me this year.

OH, and the NBA started! WOOHOO!
        This sums up most of my thoughts about November, except for the NBA... Toss in Thanksgiving and November is the perfect month.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Its my birthday month woooooo
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

I go to Chicago, Okoboji, and Lincoln-Nebraska all this month... Can't wait. i've never been to any of these places before should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
              I go to Chicago, Okoboji, and Lincoln-Nebraska all this month... Can't wait. i've never been to any of these places before should be fun.
              its been cold and windy as a mutha here in chitown
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                its been cold and windy as a mutha here in chitown
                One of our days in Chicago we get to just do whatever we want. Go anywhere. See anything.

Any suggestions as to a place I HAVE to see in Chitown? I'm going with my fraternity brothers it's going to be a lot of fun.

Comment

One of our days in Chicago we get to just do whatever we want. Go anywhere. See anything.

Any suggestions as to a place I HAVE to see in Chitown? I'm going with my fraternity brothers it's going to be a lot of fun.
                  hmmmm 21? if yes then you have to go out in wrigleyville/surrounding area TONS of bars to check out

if not id def go to the skydeck @ the now willis tower (sears tower) very cool and kinda scary if you dont do heights. maybe magnificent mile just to say youve been, the pier will probably be closed/not fun
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

grumble grumble cold grumble... snow ... grrr.. no hockey... sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      grumble grumble cold grumble... snow ... grrr.. no hockey... sigh....
                      and what don't you like about November????

Comment

check out soldier field... I'd imagine they do tours.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          hmmmm 21? if yes then you have to go out in wrigleyville/surrounding area TONS of bars to check out

if not id def go to the skydeck @ the now willis tower (sears tower) very cool and kinda scary if you dont do heights. maybe magnificent mile just to say youve been, the pier will probably be closed/not fun
                          Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                          check out soldier field... I'd imagine they do tours.
                          I have been a visitor (more than once) and I know little compared to the local dudes, but make sure you have some deep dish pizza there. They have so many good restaurants, and so much good music happening, including some real down home Blues! Of course, there's the Pier (if open), The Museums, the sports, the shopping - Magnificent Mile, the Tower, etc. etc. I really like Chicago, especially when you take a drive close to the Lake where you can look back towards the downtown area. Hope I'm being accurate....the local folks will make sure I am!

Comment

Any suggestions as to a place I HAVE to see in Chitown?
                            Eat at Giordano's. Trust me.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              I have been a visitor (more than once) and I know little compared to the local dudes, but make sure you have some deep dish pizza there. They have so many good restaurants, and so much good music happening, including some real down home Blues! Of course, there's the Pier (if open), The Museums, the sports, the shopping - Magnificent Mile, the Tower, etc. etc. I really like Chicago, especially when you take a drive close to the Lake where you can look back towards the downtown area. Hope I'm being accurate....the local folks will make sure I am!
                              not sure how i forgot about PIZZA my favorite meal!
                              Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                              Eat at Giordano's. Trust me.
                              yes ..... the original is ginos east (the restaraunt in chi is awesome, can write on anything, the whole booths are covered with markings) giordanos is my favorite deep dish, unos is good too but not as good as these, they have gotten a little away from homemade it seems and rely on franchise type food.
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Working...
                              X