Visiting America for my 21st!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting America for my 21st!

I turn 21 next June, and have decided with the money I get I will hopefully, barring anything drastic, visit America around September/early October, just in time for the 2013 NFL season being in full swing! I live in an awkward part of England where flight direct to Denver are very few and even further between, so I figured rather than fly to London and onto Denver, I will stop off somewhere in the States like I did last time I went (stopped off at Philly on my way to San Francisco.)

So I thought, I've always wanted to visit New York and Denver, why don't I stay a night in New York, do some quick sightseeing, and then fly to Denver the next day? I checked with American Airlines and the flights are certainly within my budget, even then I could probably find them cheaper somewhere else.

Now all I need is a place to stay in New York, likewise in Denver, a car rental company that will let a 21 year old hire a car (I discussed this with Frenchy180 on twitter yesterday), and of course, Broncos tickets!!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share and ask for any advice on affordable but nice places where I can stay/eat/etc, naturally I'll bump the thread nearer to the time and organise meeting a few of you guys at whatever Broncos game is on the weekend I'm there

Take care guys
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do . Can you stop by CHI? I'd like to meet you
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

You can stay at my place...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        I hope you enjoy it as much as we do . Can you stop by CHI? I'd like to meet you
        Chicago was another one I considered, however the flights don't really go together well, if I went to Chi-town I wouldn't be able to leave the airport, of course I'll see what I can do though, Chicago is a place I'd love to visit

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post

Comment

Hey EB.....how bout Winnipeg???

I know I know........

Comment

Don't know much about New York, other than you wont get to see everything in one day . But it would be worth the stop nonetheless.

Definitely keep us posted on when you will be in Denver. I move back there (from London) just before Christmas so it would great to meet up with a few people from the boards!

Comment

That is.. disturbing.

Still funny though.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Hey EB.....how bout Winnipeg???

I know I know........

Canada is another place I'd love to visit! Maybe for my 22nd

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                Don't know much about New York, other than you wont get to see everything in one day . But it would be worth the stop nonetheless.

Definitely keep us posted on when you will be in Denver. I move back there (from London) just before Christmas so it would great to meet up with a few people from the boards!
                I know, I will literally just check into my hotel and walk around for hours, soak it all in! I was thinking of even spending a day either side of my 5 days in Colorado, just to cushion the blow of having to leave Denver!

Like you say though it'd be great to meet up with a few members from here for a few beers, seeing as I'll be a legal drinker at the time!

Comment

Originally posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
                  Canada is another place I'd love to visit! Maybe for my 22nd

I know, I will literally just check into my hotel and walk around for hours, soak it all in! I was thinking of even spending a day either side of my 5 days in Colorado, just to cushion the blow of having to leave Denver!

Like you say though it'd be great to meet up with a few members from here for a few beers, seeing as I'll be a legal drinker at the time!
                  Well just start making the arrangements and stuff now!
                  sigpic

Comment

21st birthday??

Vegas......

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                      21st birthday??

Vegas......
                      Right. I love Vegas.
                      sigpic

Comment

Right. I love Vegas.
                        If I could live anywhere, it'd be Vegas
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'd definitely be down to meet up for some beers with some of the members on here when you come everton. Lets make this happen...
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's pretty sweet.

Comment

I used to live there. Gets pretty toasty in the summer time
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X