Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Video file extensions, from a Point and Shoot camera?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about Video file extensions, from a Point and Shoot camera?

    I went to a concert last night, shot some video ...

    The video's play on the camera fine, but when I try to Download them to my PC they won't play?

    Apparently Canon Cameras use a ".mov" file, the icons in the folder show them labeled as Real Player videos but when I launch the video on real player I get an error message saying "real player could not locate the file" ... the files are definitely there but the odd thing is when I right click on the file, it shows 0 bytes ???? as if the video didn't really download.

    am I doing something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get these video's uploaded to my youtube channel (which is another issue, because youtube doesn't support .mov) but I can't even get them downloaded on my PC.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Well, the Empire doesn't consider a small one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense. An analysis of the plans provided by Princess Leia has demonstrated a weakness in the battle station. But the approach will not be easy. You are required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set off a chain reaction. The shaft is ray-shielded, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.

      Yeah well what if you are in a Yellow Submarine????????

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
        Yeah well what if you are in a Yellow Submarine????????
        Then there is no spoon.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
          I went to a concert last night, shot some video ...

          The video's play on the camera fine, but when I try to Download them to my PC they won't play?

          Apparently Canon Cameras use a ".mov" file, the icons in the folder show them labeled as Real Player videos but when I launch the video on real player I get an error message saying "real player could not locate the file" ... the files are definitely there but the odd thing is when I right click on the file, it shows 0 bytes ???? as if the video didn't really download.

          am I doing something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get these video's uploaded to my youtube channel (which is another issue, because youtube doesn't support .mov) but I can't even get them downloaded on my PC.


          and on topic.. I don't know.. i am terrible with such things.. hopefully someone can quip in something relevant and help you out my friend.

          Comment


          • #6
            Seriously, I don't know either...maybe try a search here?

            http://www.city-data.com/forum/videography/

            They have topics and more topics lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              You might need to download .mov codex eJust google for
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

              Comment


              • #8
                This is it! This is the answer. It says here that a bolt of lightning is going to strike the clock tower at precisely 10:04 p.m. next Saturday night! If... If we could somehow harness this lightning... channel it into the flux capacitor... it just might work. Next Saturday night, we're sending you back to the future!



                Ok but really I know nothing about that stuff. Sorry.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  What if the photographer cannot wait till next weekend?????

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                    What if the photographer cannot wait till next weekend?????
                    Then I got nothing
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The mov files need to be converted.

                        Probably not the same camera but related issue:

                        http://www.pavtube.com/guide/convert...-hd-video.html

                        If that doesn't work Google "Canon mov codec" with you cameras model number.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hahahaha, some funny stuff guys ... certainly made me laugh, unfortunately my problems are very real :-( so I will need to further my searches.

                          Yardo - Thanks for that info, I tried a few converters yesterday but they could not read the files for some reason??

                          #stillataloss
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A couple more websites.

                            http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

                            http://www.dgrin.com/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks 2 minute ... I'll check those out.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X