Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Video file extensions, from a Point and Shoot camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.mov is handled by Quicktime and only Quicktime.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

They are convertable but good luck finding a good video converter that's free. (Most freeware converters that you'll find on download.com or something like that will only convert about half of it and then ask you to pay)

Comment

MileHighGuy - I have quicktime, and it won't even play these videos? I get an error message saying the file is not valid.

When I click on the file properties, the file size shows 0 bytes ... as if it didn't download the videos??? I don't know why because the videos play fine on the camera.

I'm gonna post on a camera forum here in a bit .... see if I can figure this out.
      sigpic

Comment

Did you actually move the files from the video camera to the computer? Or did you just create hotlinks to the files from your camera's SD card to the computer? That would explain why it would say it has 0 bytes.

Comment

Honestly I don't know ... I did as I always do and open up my camera drive under explore ... then I select the files I want, right click and copy ... then open my picture folder and paste them in there?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
            Honestly I don't know ... I did as I always do and open up my camera drive under explore ... then I select the files I want, right click and copy ... then open my picture folder and paste them in there?
            Well that should do it... do the files playback for you on the camera? Sounds like they're corrupt to me...

Comment

Download VLC player

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

This media player will play almost every video format in existence and try opening it up with this program.

If it doesn't work and says something is wrong than your files are corrupt.

Comment

Working...
              X