Intelligent Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligent Conversation

I am of the opinion that anything but football is the only section where one can get intelligent conversation.....General Discussions has turned into a jerk fest.
    Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

i don't think it really matters where you post these days, there are so many people posting stupid crap these days that one of them is bound to find the thread and post something stupid in it.

i just wish i could come to the boards after a loss or whatever and feel better about it, empathize with other Broncos fans and look for the optimism, but instead it's a bunch of chargers/chiefs/raiders/etc.. fans and a bunch of idiots calling for the head of shanahan/plummer/scapegoat of the week

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

however, seeing as though this thread only has 2 views, i think you found the secret....just throw it out there that this thread is going to be "intelligent" conversation and it seems like most of the people just pass on over it! brilliant!

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

well at least one of those people seems to have been removed, although he'll just come back w/ a new name . . . "ihateshanny2" perhaps.
        i was just about to smack his lame constitutional argument down when they deleted the thread and he can't get pm's so i'm thinking he's gone too.

last season i was really annoyed by all the chefs fans that came around until that second game. but this year there is an even worse type of poster, as twotone put it, the "bunch of idiots calling for the head of shanahan/plummer/scapegoat of the week."

these yahoos make me long for days of "horseface."
        sigpic
        go broncos
        share the sidewalk
        liberty > safety . . . ron paul '12!

Comment

it's iloveshanny now.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Originally posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
            it's iloveshanny now.
            ha i just saw that.
            sigpic
            go broncos
            share the sidewalk

Comment

lol, well booher, javalon just told him he should be posting in this forum . . . so we'll see what happens.
              sigpic
              go broncos
              share the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattos
                lol, well booher, javalon just told him he should be posting in this forum . . . so we'll see what happens.

If he does I'll have to recind my intelligent conversation remark.
                Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Do you guys think that all the people who criticize a player/coach are of the same mentality?

I mean should everyone pretend that the Broncos are a great football team and all their players should be all-pros and that Shanny should win coach of the year awards?

While some people may go overboard, I think most of the criticism on the team or individuals are valid thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMatinee
                    Do you guys think that all the people who criticize a player/coach are of the same mentality?

I mean should everyone pretend that the Broncos are a great football team and all their players should be all-pros and that Shanny should win coach of the year awards?

While some people may go overboard, I think most of the criticism on the team or individuals are valid thoughts.
                    no not all people who criticize are the same. you can generally tell the difference b/c some people will have complaints that are substantive and people who are just mad b/c we lost.
                    sigpic
                    go broncos
                    share the sidewalk

Comment

Whether a comment is valid or not, especially one that requires subjective interpretation, is not whether it's entirely fair or not.

What makes a comment valid is the presentation.

I can say, "blah blah blah is a damned idiot, and I'd like to piss on his face!"

But that entirely undermines my point, doesn't it? If I say, "I believe there was a better option, here is what should have been done. Here is what was done. Here is why that opportunity was missed, and here's how we improve this in the future..."

That carries a lot more weight.

Sometimes people get mad. I get mad. When the venom, fervor and anger of our argument outweighs the value of the argument, it's simply no longer valid. That's all there is too it. When we lose grasp of reason, we're done. Period.

When we turn unreasonable, no one listens any more.

And it no longer matters if we're right or wrong. In order to win (or even make) an argument, you must first ensure that your message is being heard. In the case that brought this thread about, I don't hear the argument. I just hear someone being pissy and upset. The kid stuff drowns out the other issues. The person's argument is lost amidst their other antics.

That's my take on it anyway. Any legitimacy his arguments had are lost, because it's not worth the work to wade through the crap to find out what his message is.

Comment

yeah, I hate them damn bandwagoners who come here and think they have all the answers to our problems.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                        Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                        Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                        Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
                          yeah, I hate them damn bandwagoners who come here and think they have all the answers to our problems.

To me, stuff like this is the antithesis of Alastors point. Sure, there are some people like ihateshanny guy, but what is unfortune is that a lot of us who are trying to point out the flaws in Jakes playing or Shanahan's play calling are getting called out as bandwagoners and what not.

In reality, most of us are just as big of fans as everyone else. Our way of expressing that is by pointing out corrections or changes that need to be made rather than blind indifference.

Comment

Essentially, yeah, Prog. That's part of what I'm saying at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgMatinee
                              To me, stuff like this is the antithesis of Alastors point. Sure, there are some people like ihateshanny guy, but what is unfortune is that a lot of us who are trying to point out the flaws in Jakes playing or Shanahan's play calling are getting called out as bandwagoners and what not.

In reality, most of us are just as big of fans as everyone else. Our way of expressing that is by pointing out corrections or changes that need to be made rather than blind indifference.
                              yeah, you're right. I just wish people would stop trying to be back seat coaches.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                              Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                              Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                              Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X