Any tips on selling a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Tell them Chris Farley used to own it. That should drive up the value some.
    lol - I think Farley was gone about 7 - 8 years prior, that'd take a serious sucker.
    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
    Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
      Its a GT right?
      How much are you selling it for? Just curious
      No - if it was a GT... I may have loved it more. It's the 40th anniversary edition... it's a stick. It's got it's perks it was a good car, just don't drive it enough to justify keeping it. It's in good condition, earlier this year I determined the price should be about 3800, from blue book. I don't know if that's low or not. I did put a new transmission in it a few years back. It's in good condition... the AC is a thousand times better than the one in my current car.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
        Thanks for feedback.............
        I personally have never been harassed by anyone. Some people can just be obnoxious and persistent. If you ask $3800, you might get someone who insists it's worth $1500 and will give you 10 reasons why you need to sell it to them at that rate. I usually ignore those. Lowballers and those with low IQs are the most annoying. But honestly, I haven't had many issues with them at all.

KBB and nada are guides, use them as a starting point. I'd bump up the price a few hundred on CL, pretty much no one expects to pay asking price.

I've bought and sold several motorcycles on CL, and bought a car as well. If you can deal with the few hassles, it's definitely worth the $0 it costs

Comment

I'm gonna start with CL, and I'm gonna check out the other guides you mentioned first. Thanks again. :thumb:
          sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd just post an update, since I got some good tips from you guys! So, thank you EM, Powder Addict, and Mile High Guy... I had my mustang on CL, which I never thought I'd use, and the first buyer who looked bought the car... did not low ball me at all...just deleted the add, can't believe how easy that was. :thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

Cool. Congrats
              sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd just post an update, since I got some good tips from you guys! So, thank you EM, Powder Addict, and Mile High Guy... I had my mustang on CL, which I never thought I'd use, and the first buyer who looked bought the car... did not low ball me at all...just deleted the add, can't believe how easy that was. :thumb:
                Awesome

Comment

lol - I think Farley was gone about 7 - 8 years prior, that'd take a serious sucker.
                  There's plenty of those out there.

Nice job selling the car.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I thought of a few people I could ask for advice on it, then decided I'd rather go with the advice of random folks on the Broncos message boards. I figured here, I could pick what ideas sounded promising that I hadn't thought of, without ever hearing about how wrong I was for not using the advice of someone I know.

It did surprise how fast it happened. I've gone back and forth for a long time with the idea of selling, but couldn't do it or didn't want to. Got the car detailed almost 5 months ago. 2 months ago I bought a "for sale" that I kept thinking I'd put in the back window. It's still sitting on the table, maybe I'll find something else to stick it on. Every couple weeks I would ask my husband to charge the battery so I can drive it... he says, "you need to at least drive it once a week." I say, "I know, just go charge it, I'm gonna start driving it." ... and two weeks later I'm asking him to charge the battery again. I noticed the paint getting faded from the sun in a couple spots, and decided I couldn't stand to see it deteriorate because it was a good car.

Guy calls, and I told him another person had called and said they'd be by around the same time he asked about. He said, "I'll be there first." He was, cash in hand. He pulls out the cash and barely tried to negotiate, and I did take the advice to put it a bit higher than what I expected to at first. I just looked at the cash, and thought why do you want to buy my car so bad. Actually thought for two seconds about saying, "it's not for sale." I'm weird... I took the cash, it's done, maybe I'll pay off some debt or something....
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I thought of a few people I could ask for advice on it, then decided I'd rather go with the advice of random folks on the Broncos message boards. I figured here, I could pick what ideas sounded promising that I hadn't thought of, without ever hearing about how wrong I was for not using the advice of someone I know.

It did surprise how fast it happened. I've gone back and forth for a long time with the idea of selling, but couldn't do it or didn't want to. Got the car detailed almost 5 months ago. 2 months ago I bought a "for sale" that I kept thinking I'd put in the back window. It's still sitting on the table, maybe I'll find something else to stick it on. Every couple weeks I would ask my husband to charge the battery so I can drive it... he says, "you need to at least drive it once a week." I say, "I know, just go charge it, I'm gonna start driving it." ... and two weeks later I'm asking him to charge the battery again. I noticed the paint getting faded from the sun in a couple spots, and decided I couldn't stand to see it deteriorate because it was a good car.

Guy calls, and I told him another person had called and said they'd be by around the same time he asked about. He said, "I'll be there first." He was, cash in hand. He pulls out the cash and barely tried to negotiate, and I did take the advice to put it a bit higher than what I expected to at first. I just looked at the cash, and thought why do you want to buy my car so bad. Actually thought for two seconds about saying, "it's not for sale." I'm weird... I took the cash, it's done, maybe I'll pay off some debt or something....
                      Congrats! It can be difficult to let go of anything we get attached to. Now it is out of your hair and someone else who ahs the time and money to enjoy it can.

It's probably transporting drugs over the border as we speak

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        Congrats! It can be difficult to let go of anything we get attached to. Now it is out of your hair and someone else who ahs the time and money to enjoy it can.

It's probably transporting drugs over the border as we speak
                        Or seven Illegals in the Trunk and two in the engine.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Working...
                        X