How Do YOU Define Friendship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do YOU Define Friendship?

I know these two guys. They don't speak to each other, they don't hang out one on one, they don't call/text/e-mail, etc. The only contact they have is through mutual aqquaintances. Yet when their lives are on the line, they're the first people they call. Are they friends?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

What are friends ?

Comment

The short version......

Friends are those who are there for you when you really need them; and accept you for who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        What are friends ?
        You tell me...
        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          What are friends ?
          lamp.......
          sigpic

Comment

Another version (similar to what I already stated), which has been a saying for as long as I can remember:

A friend in need is a friend indeed

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              The short version......

Friends are those who are there for you when you really need them; and accept you for who you are.
              This plus someone who you can communicate with often and joke around with, without feeling out of place or offensive.
              Kinda person that knows you're joking or being sarcastic, when others think you're serious.
              Someone who can depend you equally as you depend on them.

Someone who you respect and respects you. Someone who you can vent too without them being overly judgmental or telling everyone else the conversation.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The short version......

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                This plus someone who you can communicate with often and joke around with, without feeling out of place or offensive.
                Kinda person that knows you're joking or being sarcastic, when others think you're serious.
                Someone who can depend you equally as you depend on them.

Someone who you respect and respects you. Someone who you can vent too without them being overly judgmental or telling everyone else the conversation.
                I agree with both of these. I would also throw in a friend is someone that can make you mad by being right. i.e. tell you what you need to hear even if it isn't what you want to hear at the time.
                sigpic

Comment

A friend in need is a friend indeed
                  but a friend with [tobacco]** is better!

**political edit

Comment

To me, a friend is a person who isn't afraid to tell you when you are right or wrong and you accept that criticism.

A friend is a person you can not talk to for days, weeks, and months, but you pick up without missing a beat.

Each of us have our own definition of friend, but let's hope that they truly meet that definition and you are happy with that friendship regardless of how it is defined.
                    sigpic
                    The Bronco fan pledge;
                    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

A friend is the butthole that raids your fridge and eats everything and all you do is go

Comment

It's simple.....

*2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

If we can greet each other with insults and not be offended then we can be friends

But on a serious note someone that you can have fun with, connect with, and pick up when they're down.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Friendship is not defined by words it is defined by actions.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                              Friendship is not defined by words it is defined by actions.
                              I agree whole heartedly!!
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                              X