No announcement yet.

Failure Is An Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you guys are misinterpreting the phrase.

I think failure should be treated as not an option. However people need to realize it is acceptable.

There is a difference. Things will be ok and like Can said you learn from failure and need failure to grow. Alot of good things come from failing first. So that makes it acceptable.

However I do believe it is still good to treat failure like it isn't an option. Set your goals to the top and strive to achieve them. Not saying set ridiculous goals where failure is inevitable. But how can you expect to give it your all and work hard at things if you automatically set failure as an option up front?

It sounds like you are leaving room to decide to slack off and quit.

People just have to be good at accepting the failure if they do their very best and still come up short. Learn that it's not necessarily something wrong with you or something you did.

Like CanDB said .333 is a good average in baseball even though it is a failing rate in most other things. So failure doesn't necessarily mean you did something bad. However those players goal is still to get better and improve that average.
    sigpic

Comment

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

wait.. what.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        I think you guys are misinterpreting the phrase.

I think failure should be treated as not an option. However people need to realize it is acceptable.

There is a difference. Things will be ok and like Can said you learn from failure and need failure to grow. Alot of good things come from failing first. So that makes it acceptable.

However I do believe it is still good to treat failure like it isn't an option. Set your goals to the top and strive to achieve them. Not saying set ridiculous goals where failure is inevitable. But how can you expect to give it your all and work hard at things if you automatically set failure as an option up front?

It sounds like you are leaving room to decide to slack off and quit.

People just have to be good at accepting the failure if they do their very best and still come up short. Learn that it's not necessarily something wrong with you or something you did.

Like CanDB said .333 is a good average in baseball even though it is a failing rate in most other things. So failure doesn't necessarily mean you did something bad. However those players goal is still to get better and improve that average.
        Thanks for the references, and yes, I agree with you. To be sure, I sometimes use titles that may be "enhanced" a little to get attention.

I do not believe in under-achieving, or under-performing. But I did want to make it clear that:
        1) We are all human, so don't go reaching for the impossible.....we do come up short in some things, like a baseball hitter, or a good QB, or a good author.
        2) And yes, many of us will fail because we did not do enough to succeed. But that's life. It's what you do with it. And for anyone who thinks they do not fail, perhaps look a little closer at all your relationships and all the things you do. Maybe just maybe you have not lived up somewhere (again, all human), but because it's a social thing, and you don't count it the same. Remember, a lot of very successful people have had flaws on the "being a person" side. They may work long hours, and get the promotions, but they may also be neglecting their families. I've seen that many times.
        3) Regardless, of whether you failed, or came up short in trying........keep trying. Mend those fences. Fix the flaws. Strive to be a little better....or as "better" as you can imagine.

Comment

Working...
        X