Many Of Us Do Things ONLY BECAUSE Someone Else (We Trust/Admire) Does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Of Us Do Things ONLY BECAUSE Someone Else (We Trust/Admire) Does

Face it, the only reason you have been cool with certain things is because someone you know, possibly admire and trust, is cool with doing it. And if not for them, you probably would have not followed through.

I have a lot of examples, but I'll be selective. The semi-retired part time job I have been doing for a number of years for example; had it not been for the fact that some ex-career guys I knew were already doing it, I certainly would have passed it by. It's definitely not a great job, but it's good pocket money, and for what they pay, I certainly do not have to think too hard!

As metnioned, the examples we may generate are far too numerous, some of the good variety and some, well......lets just say we should have looked the other way. Just because someone you trust and/or admire is fine with doing dumb things (you can imagine what's on this list) doesn't mean you should take the same foolish path. In fact, this is when character shows, and you say "no". This is when you provide the leadership, by rejecting the deed. It can be tough for sure, especially when it's your buds, and a lot depends on being one with them. But try to look beyond. If you get in trouble it's your fault.

I digress.

When you really think about it, it's usually a good thing that we take a leap of some sort because others have cleared the path and made the trip a little safer. Otherwise we may avoid a lot of things, and never get to grow from the experiences. And one thing I learned in life is that the more I tried various activities, the more likely I gained from the opportunity. Even if at first it didn't feel just right. But to me, that's just the door opener......to all the interesting rooms within. It could lead to new friendships, expanded horizons, maybe even a networking connection that turns into a real solid engagement down the road.

So if it takes someone else you know to start the process, hey, go for it. Just be a bit wary of the obvious downside. But heck, you're smart enough to know.

See it happened to me again. I just happened to follow this person (wherever she wants to go), because of my admiration and trust.

:thumb:
    (thx BSD!)

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      See it happened to me again. I just happened to follow this person (wherever she wants to go), because of my admiration and trust.

I think I share your same admiration.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
        I think I share your same admiration.
        You have excellent vision.......and taste.......and appreciation for the finer things in life.......and

"the hots"!!!

Comment

Geez......every so often I get stuck here.

Just give me a few minutes please.

(I said something about folks we admire....and I keep admiring this.)

Comment

Geez......every so often I get stuck here.

Just give me a few minutes please.

(I said something about folks we admire....and I keep admiring this.)
            I keep wanting to reply to your original post but I end up doing the same thing. I think that's why nobody else has posted yet. lol.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
              I keep wanting to reply to your original post but I end up doing the same thing. I think that's why nobody else has posted yet. lol.
              It's really sad that we are glued to such a sight......

BUT I CAN'T HELP IT!!!

Comment

I don't like the fact that you say I'm smart enough to know.. the only thing I'm smart enough to know is I like that GIF and I don't want my girlfriend to see me watching it.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  I don't like the fact that you say I'm smart enough to know.. the only thing I'm smart enough to know is I like that GIF and I don't want my girlfriend to see me watching it.
                  Its ok you can watch it Jakey pooh pooh

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                    Its ok you can watch it Jakey pooh pooh

She's a perky thing isn't she.........

Comment

Working...
                    X