Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealBronco
    Hey thanks for all the luck and care guys!!!

I'm actually doing really good (I think). Yesterday after I got home was the worst pain-wise, but after I got more Vicadin, etc in my, I was out and good to go.

I've been eating some pudding and apple-sauce, and all that and I'm actually eating mashed potatos right now. Plus I had a Coke earlier...and if I can drink Coke, all is right with the world

So yeah, I guess it's not as bad as I thought (except for yesterday I wanted to die) but...

And NJ...yeah I've had 3 open heart surgeries. Now there's an experience. I recovered from my 3rd one in a week...In and out of the hospital in like 5 days. It was great. I got so many presents...that was in like 4th grade.
    Yep, treat yourself to something special, you've deserved it.

3 open heart surgeries? That would seriously terrify me. I watch heart surgery videos for my biology A-Level course, can't stand them. horrible, horrible. Haven't fainted yet luckily.
    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
      Yep, treat yourself to something special, you've deserved it.

3 open heart surgeries? That would seriously terrify me. I watch heart surgery videos for my biology A-Level course, can't stand them. horrible, horrible. Haven't fainted yet luckily.
      haha, thanks muse. i don't know what i'd treat myself to.

i don't really remember the first two heart operations. the 3rd one i do...it was a neat experience. I wasn't scared much, I knew that if they could save me when I was a week old, then they could when I was 10 years old.

Plus, when I was in ICU, I got to play Nintendo and watch movies so...it was great!!!

I wish I'd have thought of asking them to tape the operation for me to watch later...that would have been awesome to see.
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

hey

REAL BRONCO! Dude!

It sounds like you have been through the ringer so far in this life! But, you know, for a guy who has been rode hard and put away wet, you seem to be standing up straight and tall to the wind and the rain.

It is only me talking here, but it is good you got no tapes of those procedures. Because that is not who you are. You have an awesome spirit, and it would be a shame if you chose to define yourself from those distant moments in your life. All the time we talked before, I never dreamed you had gone through all that. Keep it that way. I am glad you told me, so that I could tell you how much I admire the survivor inside of you. That being said, forget the whole damned experience and move forward and forge the awesome life that you are planning and obviously capable of achieving. You have huge capabilities inside your soul, and it is high time you set about the task of achieving greatness, whatever that is for you!

Dang! I sound like a Preacher! But I'm not, just a Teacher!
        - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE
          REAL BRONCO! Dude!

It sounds like you have been through the ringer so far in this life! But, you know, for a guy who has been rode hard and put away wet, you seem to be standing up straight and tall to the wind and the rain.

It is only me talking here, but it is good you got no tapes of those procedures. Because that is not who you are. You have an awesome spirit, and it would be a shame if you chose to define yourself from those distant moments in your life. All the time we talked before, I never dreamed you had gone through all that. Keep it that way. I am glad you told me, so that I could tell you how much I admire the survivor inside of you. That being said, forget the whole damned experience and move forward and forge the awesome life that you are planning and obviously capable of achieving. You have huge capabilities inside your soul, and it is high time you set about the task of achieving greatness, whatever that is for you!

Dang! I sound like a Preacher! But I'm not, just a Teacher!

Thanks for the words Dave!

You're exactly right. I don't look at my heart defect as a hindrance (not anymore at least). I would only want the tape of my operation for "coolness" purposes only...and perhaps education. But my operations and stuff I've been through has helped shape who I am. It's helped shape what I believe in as well (as if it wasn't obvious). I believe I'm a walking miracle...but I don't like saying that too often. I just tell people: "yeah, i've had 3 surgeries, it's all good, I'm still here"

When you're only 22 and you've had 5 operations (3 heart and 2 hernia), 2 major auto-accidents that you--by all laws of nature--shouldn't have walked away from...you tend to start to appreciate things more...and look at things differently.

But now you've gone and gotten me all sentimental

thanks for the compliments though.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Holy Smokes! You have been through the ringer!

Still, same same.

That aint who you are.

You are who you become!
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
              Hey thanks for all the luck and care guys!!!

I'm actually doing really good (I think). Yesterday after I got home was the worst pain-wise, but after I got more Vicadin, etc in my, I was out and good to go.

I've been eating some pudding and apple-sauce, and all that and I'm actually eating mashed potatos right now. Plus I had a Coke earlier...and if I can drink Coke, all is right with the world

So yeah, I guess it's not as bad as I thought (except for yesterday I wanted to die) but...

And NJ...yeah I've had 3 open heart surgeries. Now there's an experience. I recovered from my 3rd one in a week...In and out of the hospital in like 5 days. It was great. I got so many presents...that was in like 4th grade.
              three open heart surgerys? ive had four surgerys, but nothing as serious as that, just my sinuses and what not. glad ta hear your doin well though.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X