Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you rather go see a game in person or watch at your home or bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During thirteen years of HS coaching, I was either in the box or on the sideline. When scouting from the stands, we sat as far away from spectators as possible. I got used to those perspectives. I find sitting with fans to be distracting and detracts from studying the game closely.

When at home, I don't start watching until the DVR has enough so the commercials can be skipped. I pause just before the snap of each play so I can see the formation, defensive front and coverage. I can watch each play as many times as I like; sometimes as many as it takes to see what each offensive lineman has done on a run play.

It would be nice to have the EZ view on every play. When I go to Lobo games, I sit in the top row of the North EZ. That way, I can see the line splits, defensive alignment and coverage. It's also the cheapest seat available. :thumb:

Practice is another issue. Now that I'm retired, I will have the opportunity to go to TC practice at Dove Valley. I love watching practice. It is my understanding that the observing area is quite close. I closely observed hundreds of HS games, but was probably at thousands of practices: warm up/stretch/agility, position, group/skeleton and team. I love the way a practice session progresses. Scheduling and planning practice is an art that coaches must acquire. I will need to fight the temptation to bring my whistle and stand behind the O.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

My second choice for me isn't at my house.
      There is this little nice family friendly sports bar in the town that I live. On game days it's very quiet except for loud roars every time there is a good play. They have different sections in the restaurant where they air different games. The places that they air the Broncos games, I make sure to get the best seat in the house. I'd say that it is a thousand times better than watching them at my house. GO BRONCOS!!!
      :usa:***GOD BLESS OUR MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMED FORCES***:usa:

Comment

Depends on the in person situation.

Spending thousands to go to Boston to sit in below zero temps to watch Tebow and co. get creamed, not a single bit of that was worth it. None.

Going to home games is very worth it to me though, especially when you get to see a win. Losses are a little easier to take also when you are not surrounded by the enemy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          I know there are advantages to watching the game at home that weren't around even 10 years ago, and I understand the complaints and drawbacks of attending a game in person, but I just have a really hard time wrapping my mind about how someone could feel that the atmosphere doesn't trump everything else... unless that person has been to so many games they've grown used to the excitement or have some other extenuating circumstance that makes it more difficult than usual to attend in person. Those are really the only times I could understand it.

Home is the second choice for me, because as someone already pointed out half the people aren't watching the game and blabbering about whatever, making it difficult to hear the tv and they're way drunker which makes them much more annoying than normal.
          Yea, I agree. And no matter how many Bronco games I go to, I still get excited every single time. I don't think anyone could ever get tired of going to games The pure excitement of waking up every sunday and heading down to the stadium to watch the Broncos is always awesome.

But yea, if I cant watch the game in person, then I prefer to watch it usually by myself at home. And I tend to have the tv turned up loud as well. I don't think I'd be able to handle watching my team play at a bar and have a bunch of loud mouths there.
          :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I've only been to Steeler games in person... and they were both just awful. I imagine the atmosphere at a nice day at mile high would be a much better experience. That said, I love taking in games at the pub. There's also something to be said about chilling with a group of friends taking in game day in front of the 60".

Comment

In person. Even if it means that I'm surrounded by Raven fans (or Redskin fans). Love the atmosphere. Love the feeling when I see other Bronco fans. Love to show our guys support in enemy territory.

After the game, I like to go home and watch a replay and see all the stuff I missed in person.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I definitely prefer going to the games over watching them on any screen. Excepting the new big screen AT the game of course, haha.

Never been to a game where I thought I wish I had stayed home instead. Had some pretty close calls for sure. Several games where I wished at the time I wasn't there for a moment or two. The second quarter of SB XXII comes to mind...lol

And cold. Well, on the way to the car from the last game, it was cold, we had lost, and my wife and I DID discuss maybe we should had sold the tickets instead. Of course, we were laughing, as she knows there was no way that was gonna happen.

When I first got to my seats for the MNF game against the Packers in 84, and I couldn't even SEE the field thru the snow- I thought about cashing in right there. But that turned out to be one of MY most memorable games! One of my best game-day stories!

No question, for me, it's going to games. Home Bronco games specifically. Then coming home and immediately watching it on TV.

& Jet? Yeah, I guess over time a guy could get tired of the atmosphere of game-day. If it ever happens to me, I'll let ya know.

Don't wait up for that call. lol

Comment

I say why not at the stadium then at home?!?! Before I go to the field to tailgate I set my DVR so I can rewatch the game and see all the small details I may have missed in the stadium. I wouldn't change the experience of being there for anything, but I also do enjoy watching replays and things of that nature on TV. I will say when it is a game like the Steelers playoff game a couple years ago I don't care how big your TV is or how loud your speakers are nothing can recreate the explosion that occurred in that stadium as DT ran down the field...incredible.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                    I definitely prefer going to the games over watching them on any screen. Excepting the new big screen AT the game of course, haha.

Never been to a game where I thought I wish I had stayed home instead. Had some pretty close calls for sure. Several games where I wished at the time I wasn't there for a moment or two. The second quarter of SB XXII comes to mind...lol

And cold. Well, on the way to the car from the last game, it was cold, we had lost, and my wife and I DID discuss maybe we should had sold the tickets instead. Of course, we were laughing, as she knows there was no way that was gonna happen.

When I first got to my seats for the MNF game against the Packers in 84, and I couldn't even SEE the field thru the snow- I thought about cashing in right there. But that turned out to be one of MY most memorable games! One of my best game-day stories!

No question, for me, it's going to games. Home Bronco games specifically. Then coming home and immediately watching it on TV.

& Jet? Yeah, I guess over time a guy could get tired of the atmosphere of game-day. If it ever happens to me, I'll let ya know.

Don't wait up for that call. lol

Even though we lost, and my brain almost froze inside my head, it was still a fun game.
                    I still cant bring myself to rewatch it though and probably never will.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
                      I say why not at the stadium then at home?!?! Before I go to the field to tailgate I set my DVR so I can rewatch the game and see all the small details I may have missed in the stadium. I wouldn't change the experience of being there for anything, but I also do enjoy watching replays and things of that nature on TV. I will say when it is a game like the Steelers playoff game a couple years ago I don't care how big your TV is or how loud your speakers are nothing can recreate the explosion that occurred in that stadium as DT ran down the field...incredible.
                      DVR and rewatch.......That's fine but that spoils the unknown for me. The unknown is how our team plays, and for me I anticipate the game from the second the previous one ends. I want to be as involved mentally as possible -the second that it is possible. That just doesn't happen at the game.
                      I enjoy the atmosphere as much as the next guy, and I think every fan should attend a few game if possible. But that atmosphere doesn't trump my interest in the game. And for me the best view, the most up to date info and the most comfort comes from my couch.

Comment

There is no doubt I want to see a Broncos game in person, in Denver, before I die, but I would imagine the more comfortable seat is at home.

Comment

In person definitely. Going to the match isn't just watching a sport, it's the day leading up to it and then what happens after it. I'd be lost without Everton games, a few drinks with my brother and uncle beforehand, the match itself followed by copious amounts of alcohol! Away games are even better, coach trips to the other side of the country with everyone drinking, singing and just having a really good time, going to watch the team they all love, can't think of many better feelings.
                          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

As long as I have decent seats arent' nose bleeeders, I would much rather go to the game and put on all the bronco gear. No matter what stadium it is.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

In person. That's how I became a Bronco in the first place.

The minute you become a fan of something, the word convenience goes out the window. It also is a terrible financial investment, one only fans or fools will make. Experiencing the atmosphere on a stadium is where it all pays off.
                              Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X