Tough Mudder '13!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough Mudder '13!!!

Can't believe it, already going into my third Mudder!!

The first year was about survival because I had no idea what to expect. And we survived and had a BLAST!!

Year two was about doing it and having fun.

This year? We have built a team that's at about 10 right now. Some first timers in there, a two timer, and three of us will be three timers. This year's goal is a little different. This year it's all about getting the ENTIRE team through it. They say roughly 70% who enter actually complete it. That means that 3 on our team are expected to fail by the numbers. Ain't gonna happen!!!!

This year's event is about three months out. I've been training off and on since the last one, more off then on. But I have set a base that will make this year even easier. About 2 months ago I participated in a local mud event called Mud Factor just to see where I was in regards to where I need to be. It was an easy 5k(Mudder is roughly 20k) obstacle run that took my team about 1 hour 15 minutes. Truth be told.. if I were alone I'd have killed it in 30- 40 minutes. I'll be taking that same team, plus a few more bodies, through the same mud run in October about 4 weeks after Tough Mudder.

Just started a new routine inspired by Henry Cavill's workouts leading up to his role of Superman in Man of Steel. Two days in and I am a broken and beat man. But in a good way!!!! Feels great!!!!!!!!!!

So, as we get closer I'll try to keep ya'll updated. Of course.. don't be afraid to check it out, join, or even donate. All donations go to the Wounded Warrior Project.

CHEERS!!! And Happy Mudding!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Myself and my team did the denver mudder about 2 weeks ago. It was our first time. We had a team of 7, one of which was a girl.

All of us made it through, one barely! He cramped up in his legs about 1.5 miles in. But he wouldnt quit and we wouldnt let him. So literally by mile 5 we were carrying him a bunch. Took us 7 hours to get his big ass through it but we made it. And colorado is the hardest one because of the incline as its up the ski resorts. Carrying his big ass was the hardest obstacle of all.

As for me, I completed 100% of the obstacles without falling or help! Yes, bragging a bit, but I beasted them. And we had some BIG guys on our team, so the wounded warrior march was no easy task. I and another guy had our gopros, we are working on the vid now. Ill be sure to post the vid when we are done.

Good luck to you Eb! Kick some bootay!
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
        Myself and my team did the denver mudder about 2 weeks ago. It was our first time. We had a team of 7, one of which was a girl.

All of us made it through, one barely! He cramped up in his legs about 1.5 miles in. But he wouldnt quit and we wouldnt let him. So literally by mile 5 we were carrying him a bunch. Took us 7 hours to get his big ass through it but we made it. And colorado is the hardest one because of the incline as its up the ski resorts. Carrying his big ass was the hardest obstacle of all.

As for me, I completed 100% of the obstacles without falling or help! Yes, bragging a bit, but I beasted them. And we had some BIG guys on our team, so the wounded warrior march was no easy task. I and another guy had our gopros, we are working on the vid now. Ill be sure to post the vid when we are done.

Colorado the toughest one, eh? Ever been to Lake Tahoe where they hold the NorCal events? The first 10 miles were straight up with the two downhill being on broken shale so you had no footing.

Good on ya getting it done with him! That's what it's all about, the teamwork. I think last year we handled it in just about 4 hours. This year we plan on it taking longer with a big team and also because a few on the team aren't as physically fit or athletic as some others on the team. But, it will be fun!!!!!

Comment

Thats just what the mudder said (that colorado is the toughest one) aside from WTM. I would definitely plan on it taking longer if you have a big team and some arent as in shape. Thats what we ran into and I mean it when we literally carried him because he couldnt even hardly stand up. Post some pics when all done
          So far:

Comment

Props to you guys for doing this and for the teamwork you're showing. It says a lot about your character.

I will do my yearly thing and make my donation.

This reminds me. I need to change my avatar. It's not May anymore, is it?
            Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              Props to you guys for doing this and for the teamwork you're showing. It says a lot about your character.

I will do my yearly thing and make my donation.

This reminds me. I need to change my avatar. It's not May anymore, is it?
              Good on ya!!!

And, no, it's not May anymore.

Comment

TM Michigan just happened.

Is that a new obstacle?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Oh.. the COLD!!!!

They won't let us have the fire in Tahoe...

Comment

Don't forget the mud and dirty...

Comment

Good Luck
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                        Good Luck
                        Thanks, yo!!

Comment

That new one is called blades of glory and its easy.
                          So far:

Comment

We couldn't have fire either.
                            So far:

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

I did the CO one as well. What day did you do it? We were there on Sunday. I will say I agree that is probably one of the more difficult one if nothing else but because of the altitude. Doing all the normal mudder stuff up and down ski slopes at 10000+ ft of elevation is rough.

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                              Colorado the toughest one, eh? Ever been to Lake Tahoe where they hold the NorCal events? The first 10 miles were straight up with the two downhill being on broken shale so you had no footing.

Good on ya getting it done with him! That's what it's all about, the teamwork. I think last year we handled it in just about 4 hours. This year we plan on it taking longer with a big team and also because a few on the team aren't as physically fit or athletic as some others on the team. But, it will be fun!!!!!
                              Have and awesome time Eb!!! Next year come to CO and do it with us! Here's the "official video" form this year.

Last edited by 86Elwayfan; 07-02-2013, 07:53 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X