Tough Mudder '13!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    I should mention/ give advice about gear since this is your first time. Or for anyone's info. If they aren't sure what to wear or use, that is.

I never run, but I know that when I do anything like that I get the Chubb rub or chafing on inner thighs. I play hockey and with the gear we wear I never get that. So I got something very similar.

1. Under armour compression x shorts. $25- they double as a solid workout short too. Did the whole mudder in these and had no cramps, or chaffing or anything. Plus, they were tight enough that no dirt or mud got in there and made things real bad.

2. I used a sleeveless compression shirt. Just like the compression shorts they are super light and don't absorb water. So the clothes were not heavy and dried quickly. I have several that I use for hockey. They rock.

3. I just wore a pair of basketball shorts. Light doesn't soak up water and doesn't reveal everything if you know what I mean. The compression shorts I used as an underwear and they reveal a lot.

4. I bought a pair of Asics running shoes for $25 from a store called big 5. Stuck them in the wash twice after the mudder and they are good as new.

5. I recommend tying your shoes with a runner knot. If you don't know what that is you tube it. It's simple to tie and will keep that quick sand suction mud from sucking your shoes right off your feet.

6. I used some hockey tape around my fingers like a boxer. Didnt need to. Didnt need gloves. It worked fine but I wouldn't waste your time with gloves, IMO. To each is own but I will not ever use them.
    Having been through two, I agree with all of this. I don't wear the basketball shorts, I have a pair of Nike dry fit running shorts I wear over my compression shorts. The compression shorts are a MUST to protect the gentlemen downstairs. I have not worn gloves or taped up, nor do I plan to.

The only other thing I'd advise, bright colored shirt so the camera people and/or your spectators see you coming.

Originally posted by Foez View Post
    Perhaps. Actually that's a really good idea and I could actually have someone to do it with instead of meet someone at the start line to go through it with again lol.
    Let's talk more about it early next year. See where we're at. I think it'd be a blast!!!

I've changed up my workout a bit. Focusing more on cardio then strength. I've also tightened the screws a lot on what I'm eating and drinking. Cut the beer back a lot. Cut out energy drinks all together. Upped my protein intake, fruits and veggies, non-processed foods. I feel great! Already down 5 pounds and feeling a huge difference even thought I already felt I was ready.

8 weeks to go!!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Monkey bars, anyone??? And some of them are loose, so when you grab them they spin.

Comment

Shocking!! No, for reals. Doing this one I got hit in the head and felt like I was kicked. Those wires you see hanging down are live wires that pack a punch.

That is the look the of getting hit by one.

Comment

Holy crap it has snuck up on me!!! Saturday....

This past saturday I was at a wedding. At the end one of the drunks guys decided he wanted to get into a wrestling match. As he took me down I felt a bit of pain in my right knee. Kinda twisted it a little. Self diagnosed as a slight ACL strain. When I bend my knee past about 20% I get a warm wet feeling in my knee along the right side. Yesterday I went to squat for something and I about fell because my knee buckled. It feels somewhat better today, but still hurts a little. But I tell yo what, I am not backing out of this!!!

Bring it, Big Mudder!!!!

Here's my motivation; Tahoe earlier this year.

Last edited by ebsoria; 09-24-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I survived!!

Mudder hurt me real good. Possibly crakced a rib on the right side. My knee almost gave out one mile in which forced me to overcompensate for it and now my right ankle and left hip are killing me. But I lived!!

Bring it next year Big Mudder!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X