Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Message boards are closing down permanently.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Message boards are closing down permanently.

In case any of you have ever posted there before. I know a few of them on the Broncos ESPN message board will be looking for a place, so if you want to recruit a few.......

Does that mean they are getting rid of the fan comments at the bottom of articles as well? Because if so then it's about time. I can't believe some of what gets posted on those blogs daily.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Does that mean they are getting rid of the fan comments at the bottom of articles as well? Because if so then it's about time. I can't believe some of what gets posted on those blogs daily.
      This is the message on every message board screen.

Effective July 17, ESPN will be shutting down forums permanently. We hope you will move your communities to our game conversations, blogs and stories. A Facebook account will be required to post comments on new articles.

Comment

Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
        This is the message on every message board screen.

Effective July 17, ESPN will be shutting down forums permanently. We hope you will move your communities to our game conversations, blogs and stories. A Facebook account will be required to post comments on new articles.
        Yeah I ended up seeing that. Sounds like the answer to my question is no. It's extremely annoying that they are requiring a Facebook account to comment on anything though. Ton's of people worldwide still choose not to have a Facebook account.
        sigpic

Comment

It's so annoying when they go from forums to facebook. I hate facebook. Not sports forums, but the daily show and Colbert nation boards use to be a blast to post in. I miss a lot of those posters, few I've kept in touch with. They did the same thing, got rid of the forums and said use facebook to interact. So I made my new home here in Broncos Country. Bummer when they shut down good communities though, I say that even though I wasn't part of the ESPN community.
          sigpic
          Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
          Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
          Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
          Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
            It's so annoying when they go from forums to facebook. I hate facebook. Not sports forums, but the daily show and Colbert nation boards use to be a blast to post in. I miss a lot of those posters, few I've kept in touch with. They did the same thing, got rid of the forums and said use facebook to interact. So I made my new home here in Broncos Country. Bummer when they shut down good communities though, I say that even though I wasn't part of the ESPN community.
            It's really stupid and as you said annoying when you tried to force your consumers/audience to use a tool/forum/site they would not otherwise use. Some are still uncomfortable with the idea of Facebook. Others don't care for it. I know I recently deactivated it for a year.

You shouldn't have to join a completely unrelated site to enjoy the features of the site , ESPN in this case, that you are using.

Unfortunately ESPN is too big and powerful in the sports community to be negatively impacted by this. They will still get their ratings. I've already heard about Trolls saying they will create fake Facebook accounts just to continue to post racist, prejiduce type stuff on ESPN articles. And no one will know it's them because the Facebook account is fake.

I still frequent ESPN regularly because it's the easiest most user friendly site to navigate for all sports related scores, standings, stats etc... But I can't stand a majority of the group of writers that they have. If there was another decent option I would never go there again. But FoxSports is equally as bad and everything else is too minor.
            sigpic

Comment

So much for anonymity. Recruiting a bunch of broncos fans over here is a good idea.
              :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sophia23 View Post
                  We're certainly glad to have you and the fact that you chose Broncomania is fantastic. I don't like the idea of having to use facebook either, message forums were around long before facebook and IMO are a much much better experience! Facebook causes problems for everyone, married couples, career people and most of all children. Also what is going to happen if facebook should ever go the route of MySpace/pretty near defunct? We go back to square one into the chat rooms again? Lol

Comment

Fakebook is stupid, and having to use it to communicate on a third-party site is worse.

Pretty cool we can keep this site going when big sites like epsn cannot. I hope we never go that route.

Comment

It seems that everything is going on Twitter or Facebook on message boards.
                      Ready for October Falls

Comment

I will invent my own social media site called earshoe.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                          I will invent my own social media site called earshoe.
                          Lol.

OT but I downloaded Color Map of The Sun yesterday and I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed. It's so much more repetitive than their last few albums. Less dance and more electro-soul, and the same woman's blurry vocals.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                            Lol.

OT but I downloaded Color Map of The Sun yesterday and I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed. It's so much more repetitive than their last few albums. Less dance and more electro-soul, and the same woman's blurry vocals.
                            I have my signed PL's album chilling in my room right now and love it.

I'd say it is a little underwhelming compared to his other albums but this is the very first album where he didn't sample anything he didn't make, it was all completely his own creation. He traveled to Louisiana to record all the vocals and instrumentals so that was heavily influenced in the album. I think he was trying to convey the sorrow and strained emotions he felt in some of the songs.

Comment

Oh and welcome to anybody that migrates over here. You are welcome at Broncos Country... And Earshoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X