No announcement yet.

Going Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the responses!! I'm on the same sort of mission. To keep my wife more "roughing it" if you will.

But NO... we need to buy a camper with beds, stove, AC, power, bathroom... We're going to end up getting one. Face it guys... the woman always gets what she wants.

She really does like the whole setup we drag with us involving the tent. And our tent is SWEET! She want to upgrade to hauling a camper.

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

When we go we tent it I'll list what i can think of we go with

3 tents us/kids/dogs
      ceiling fans/lights for tents
      air mattresses/blowers for matresses
      hanging shower that heats in sun so warm water
      lanterns change from bug lite to regular lite
      grille for camp fire
      propane standup portable
      rope for clotheslines
      2 portable tables
      2 coolers one is boat seat
      food
      alcohol
      fishing gear
      tpaper
      skin so soft (bugs)
      chainsaw
      hammer (tent stakes and oysters)
      6 fold out chairs
      shade tarpe
      some food we try to catch most of it but we bring burgers and dogs as back up
      water
      flashlights
      plenty of batteries
      paper plates and plastic utensils
      garbage bags
      radio
      2 castnets 4/8ft

I think that covers it, we like to camp the islands mostly so a camper wouldn't work but even if we didn't i wouldn't give up the full feeling of tent/nature for the camper. We are just tent people always have been. When we do we ge go out and set up the first night and then take buckets and fill with as many oysters and clams as can find. Put the on grill over fire and snack the first night by the second night we hope too have caught our food if not we carry burgers dogs and cole cuts to fall back on. We have a fishing line in the water within 5 minutes of arrival and never have them all out until 5 minutes before we leave. We use to go with a lot less but as we have gotten older we have desired to bring more "creature comforts" and I can say I have gotten use to them. Takes longer to prep and clean up but definitely worth the work while there.
      Last edited by FL BRONCO; 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM.
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
        ceiling fans
        You had me bust out loud already at the top of your list.

The rest of the list is pretty normal for us. We have to take the truck just to fit it all in. We actually bring a screened in gazebo (assembly required) which comes in handy when we are really out in the boonies roughing it.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
          You had me bust out loud already at the top of your list.

The rest of the list is pretty normal for us. We have to take the truck just to fit it all in. We actually bring a screened in gazebo (assembly required) which comes in handy when we are really out in the boonies roughing it.

They are pretty cool they operate on batteries of course and they have 3 position button for fan/light/both and they have a set of hooks with adjustable cord to set height. It really helps when its hot out to go to sleep with breeze blowin on ya and it definitely helps circulate the air in the tent. It doesn't bring in the Coors light silver bulllet affect or anything but it helps
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
          X