X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    You had me bust out loud already at the top of your list.

The rest of the list is pretty normal for us. We have to take the truck just to fit it all in. We actually bring a screened in gazebo (assembly required) which comes in handy when we are really out in the boonies roughing it.

They are pretty cool they operate on batteries of course and they have 3 position button for fan/light/both and they have a set of hooks with adjustable cord to set height. It really helps when its hot out to go to sleep with breeze blowin on ya and it definitely helps circulate the air in the tent. It doesn't bring in the Coors light silver bulllet affect or anything but it helps

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    ceiling fans
    You had me bust out loud already at the top of your list.

The rest of the list is pretty normal for us. We have to take the truck just to fit it all in. We actually bring a screened in gazebo (assembly required) which comes in handy when we are really out in the boonies roughing it.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    When we go we tent it I'll list what i can think of we go with

3 tents us/kids/dogs
    ceiling fans/lights for tents
    air mattresses/blowers for matresses
    hanging shower that heats in sun so warm water
    lanterns change from bug lite to regular lite
    grille for camp fire
    propane standup portable
    rope for clotheslines
    2 portable tables
    2 coolers one is boat seat
    food
    alcohol
    fishing gear
    tpaper
    skin so soft (bugs)
    chainsaw
    hammer (tent stakes and oysters)
    6 fold out chairs
    shade tarpe
    some food we try to catch most of it but we bring burgers and dogs as back up
    water
    flashlights
    plenty of batteries
    paper plates and plastic utensils
    garbage bags
    radio
    2 castnets 4/8ft

I think that covers it, we like to camp the islands mostly so a camper wouldn't work but even if we didn't i wouldn't give up the full feeling of tent/nature for the camper. We are just tent people always have been. When we do we ge go out and set up the first night and then take buckets and fill with as many oysters and clams as can find. Put the on grill over fire and snack the first night by the second night we hope too have caught our food if not we carry burgers dogs and cole cuts to fall back on. We have a fishing line in the water within 5 minutes of arrival and never have them all out until 5 minutes before we leave. We use to go with a lot less but as we have gotten older we have desired to bring more "creature comforts" and I can say I have gotten use to them. Takes longer to prep and clean up but definitely worth the work while there.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    I love the responses!! I'm on the same sort of mission. To keep my wife more "roughing it" if you will.

But NO... we need to buy a camper with beds, stove, AC, power, bathroom... We're going to end up getting one. Face it guys... the woman always gets what she wants.

She really does like the whole setup we drag with us involving the tent. And our tent is SWEET! She want to upgrade to hauling a camper.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    All I need is beer.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
    Friggen Funny As Hell!!!!!!

Must spread around Matt.....

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    I'm a tent camper, though lately I must confess I've started eye-ing those little pop-up jobs in curious ways...

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Last time we went, we did a little of both. Took my parents pop-up that slept my wife and daughter, while me and my son slept in a tent. At least until it was pouring rain. Then we moved inside the camper.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    I'm a tent sleeper with sleeping bag.

I put the kids in a seperate tent facing mine so I can keep an ear on them.

The end.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I have done the tent thing so I am all for the camper, hot tub etc route now. That being said every kid needs to sleep in a tent and cook over a capfire.

So glad I am not a kid anymore.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I used to really hate camping growing up. Missed all the electronics, hot shower, a/c and convenience of civilization too much. My parents always did tent camping and we slept in sleeping bags on the ground. Uncomfortable and cold.

I realized at a much older age that I always had fun and just didn't appreciate it as much. Of course I also at the time didn't have much patience for fishing and hated hiking as well. But when the kids could do whatever they wanted I had a lot more fun.

Later on my grandparents got an RV and eventually my parents started renting trailers in camp resorts. And eventually they bought a 5th wheel to haul wherever. I admit they are extremely nice and I hate missing football games during the fall. So I loved and still do love having it available with better meals, A/C and tv at night.

However after I got married my wife and I got a tent but instead of sleeping on the ground we brought an air mattress. So much more comfortable sleep. Now that I have a son of my own I want him to grow up with this kind of experience. So for the foreseeable future we plan to do strictly tent camping. I just bought a new tent that is bigger and can suit multiple air mattresses. That's my exception to doing a tent. I refuse to go back to the ground.

But I appreciate the outdoors a lot more now and probably also because I just don't spend much time outdoors anymore. So it's nice when I do go. But it just has more of an actual camping feel too it. To me it's not camping when you are in a big RV/5th wheel that is practically like your house and in a resort with 2-300 other people. We always did our camping in remote areas in Colorado where there were no other people. Literally in the great outdoors roughing it. I've been to camping resorts with my wifes family and there was playgrounds and showers and half the people were sitting outside their 5th wheels watching football like it was a tailgate. That's not camping.

However great places for camping aren't as available here either. Have to drive a good 6+ hours to get to any real good areas in the appalations.

I'm sure one day when we get older and conditions are more unbearable we will go the route of 5th wheel with a bed. But for now while my son is young I intend to actually camp when we go camping. Not go to a resort that's by some pine trees.

And how can I give my son the experience of sitting around a camp telling stories by the fire when he can go inside and play video games on the tv in an RV?

Leave a comment:

• 86Elwayfan
    replied
    I really like the just a tent...however I like to hike and be able to take my place of sleep with me...so I can't really do the whole big camper thing...

Leave a comment:

• Thrasher
    replied
    Tent is all you need! Anything less is too discomforting, anything more is not camping anymore imo. Bring beer, BBQ, whatever kind of mattress and you are set!

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    I'm really just good with the basic tent setup. As long as I don't get rained on when I'm sleeping I'll be happy. Also for bugs/etc. Sometimes if I know my back is acting up I'll take the air matress, it's worth it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X