No announcement yet.

Broncos Belly Off Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to the gym for an hour today and no beers!
    sigpic
    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by 100%Broncoholic View Post
      Come to the Dark side with us!!

Lose a few pounds and compete against fellow Broncos fans!
      I'm in,gonna take that fat loss crown!
      I really like Cheese.

Comment

I'm going to join. I didn't want to because I have serious will-power issues and felt like I'd probably embarrass myself. I think I owe it to myself and my friends here to get back in shape. As of today I'm 5' 10", 272 pounds. I have a lot of muscle on my frame from my line of work, but I've probably put on 20 pounds since I got laid off. My ideal weight right now is 230 or so. I've actually come a long way already from what I once was, I've just been pretty down lately and have let myself go back to my old habits somewhat. I was at my heaviest around 2008 at about 315. I would be perfectly happy to get back to 250 again to be honest.

I already eat pretty healthy, but my problem lately is my fairly sedentary life-style that comes with being laid off and being depressed about that. It doesn't matter how healthy you eat if you just sit around most of the time. My new year's resolution this year was to stop drinking energy drinks and soda and I have completely stopped with energy drinks and will only have a soda occasionally if I go out to eat... which is rarely since I'm kinda broke.

Thanks 100% for putting this together. I hope we can all help each other stick to our goals.

Comment

I bought some ice cream tonight... It's still in my freezer completely untouched... I usually just plow right through a pint when I have it, I plan on making this one last a couple nights at least... Also, last night I had a full chipotle burrito and I definitely noticed the effects on the scale this morning.

I weigh myself on a daily basis, every morning as soon as I wake up... What I've noticed the last two months is I'll hit a plateau for the majority of the month, and then all within a week or so, I'll lose 4 or 5 pounds and hold steady at that for the next few weeks... I'm hoping the trend continues until I just hit a steady weight that I'm happy with.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I gave up my midnight snacks starting two days ago... I think the not eating before bed will probably go along way. This was a great idea 100%... I think it's just the motivation I need, posting the weight on specific dates because I have reason to stay focused on it now. The last time I was at 140 was in my late twenties, so if I can get there one more time before I turn forty .... I'm gonna be pretty happy.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

As luck would have it have I see my Nephrologist on the 30th, so I will get to begin with a pretty accurate weigh-in, the subsequent weigh-ins will be on my home scale which seems to weigh about 10 pounds lighter than my doctors.(I love that lying scale).
              I really like Cheese.

Comment

I've been to the gym every day since my first post... I hadn't had any beers... but then there was a game last night... I may have had 11
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  I've been to the gym every day since my first post... I hadn't had any beers... but then there was a game last night... I may have had 11
                  Hashtag winning

Amirite?
                  2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

I'm petite at 5'3 and my goal is 105.

Good luck everyone.
                    Team Broncos!
                    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

2 pounds down already.....but sweating it off in 32 degree ( 89.6 to you guys) heat is kinda easy...days off and beer starts in the morning.
                      sigpic

Comment

I started this month for a cutting phase. Currently weigh 260. Started the month of August at 265. I actually have to get down to 200 by May for a boxing match. I haven't been that low in weight since 2004 but I'm kind of done carrying all the extra bulk around (muscle and fat).

6 ft tall
                        August 1st weight: 265 pounds

Weigh in Dates:
                        August 31: 255
                        September 30: 247
                        October 31: 239
                        November 30: 232
                        December 31:226
                        January 31: 220

Then I plan to lose the final 10 pounds in March and April and will probably do a two day cut of 8-10 pounds before weigh-ins.

I've been doing Insanity a long with Hannibal Kings basic bar workouts. close-grip pull ups, body weight feet together squats, diamond push-ups, dips. Pretty basic really. I have no need to hit the weights this early into my cutting as my body weight alone is enough resistance. Not to mention I'm going to have to end up losing a little bit of muscle to get down so I'd like to maintain functional strength above all. Today is my first day off. I'm actually starting a CKD diet tomorrow. Have all my food pre-cooked in the fridge. This will be my first time ever completely committing to CKD. I've avoided doing it for a long time but I want to give it a go. I will be monitoring everything very closely on it. Outside of a multi-vitamin and protein powder after workouts I won't be using any supplements.
                        Last edited by Matymaddog; 08-10-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

The new place I'm moving to has a fitness center, I'm going to plan on hitting it at least three days a week... Lots of jogging on the treadmills most likely, definitely want to get some time in with the weight set though, that's for sure.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Cool thread. Although now that its football season, I won't be losing any weight until probably after the superbowl You should have started it on February and had the goal result be in September. But yea, I need to start going back to my healthy ways again.
                            :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

First day on CKD and I am absolutely sapped for energy. Almost bailed on my Insanity workout today but forced myself to do it anyways. I know it's supposed to sap you of energy the first week or two but I didn't expect it to make me want to sleep the entire day away. Definitely going to start hitting the gym early morning again for a 45 minute bike ride on an empty stomach again, I used to have way more energy when I did that in the mornings and clearly I need it to get through the day on this diet.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                                First day on CKD and I am absolutely sapped for energy. Almost bailed on my Insanity workout today but forced myself to do it anyways. I know it's supposed to sap you of energy the first week or two but I didn't expect it to make me want to sleep the entire day away. Definitely going to start hitting the gym early morning again for a 45 minute bike ride on an empty stomach again, I used to have way more energy when I did that in the mornings and clearly I need it to get through the day on this diet.
                                What is CKD?

Never mind. Just looked it up.
                                Last edited by // / yardo; 08-11-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X